Deleted

TellMeWhen Not showing debuffs?

Hey all,

I recently switched over from PowerAuras to TellMeWhen after hearing great things about TMW. It shows my trinket procs, when Blade Flurry is up etc. But it doesn't show boss debuffs i.e Parasitic Growth (Amber Shaper), Weak Points (Garalon), Robbed Blind (Spirit Kings) and more..

My settings for it are:

Buff/Debuff --> (Spells to check) Weak Points; Robbed Blind; Parasitic Growth; Force and Verve --> (Units to watch) Player --> (Buff or Debuff) Debuff.

And then nothing else weird is ticked, the only other things that are ticked are 'Only check if mine', 'Show States and Opacity', 'Prioritize normally', 'Show timer & Show timer text'.

Any help on this would be amazing!

P.S Any idea how to get it to track destabilize on Amber Shaper when not targetting the boss?

unit to watch is target, not player

Weak Points for Garalon did mess up for me the other day, just make sure you put all four leg IDs in. I didn't have to before, so I assume something changed.

@Adezero: Not for debuffs on the player (hence unit to watch = player).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    unit to watch is target, not player
    What Treelife said...
    Last edited by mmoce005057d2d; 2013-01-15 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    And then nothing else weird is ticked, the only other things that are ticked are 'Only check if mine', 'Show States and Opacity', 'Prioritize normally', 'Show timer & Show timer text'.
    "Only check if mine" means it's checking if it was cast by you (used to differentiate between Vampiric Touch debuff on a boss when you've got multiple shadowpriests in a raid, for example). Debuffs from bosses aren't cast by you. Untick that box and it should work fine.

Deleted
    try needtoknow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    "Only check if mine" means it's checking if it was cast by you (used to differentiate between Vampiric Touch debuff on a boss when you've got multiple shadowpriests in a raid, for example). Debuffs from bosses aren't cast by you. Untick that box and it should work fine.
    Thank you! I'll try it tonight!

@Lissa I used to use NTK but I prefer the sexyness of TMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    try needtoknow
    Bar timer which doesn't alert you if it has fell off or an addon which has Icon (or bar) timers which will alert you if you do or don't have it (if you want it), that you can make whole priority lists with, or basically anything else you can think of... *looks like he's weighing things in his hands*

Yeah, no thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Bar timer which doesn't alert you if it has fell off or an addon which has Icon (or bar) timers which will alert you if you do or don't have it (if you want it), that you can make whole priority lists with, or basically anything else you can think of... *looks like he's weighing things in his hands*

Yeah, no thanks.
    oh your a player that like beeps and flashy colors on your screen when a cd runs off ? is easier and less flashy by just using your eyes
    i liked power aura's myself but seems it gone dead no updates auther not telling 1 word on it so i just went to need to know and use my eyes ( most of the time i dont even look at it cause i know when the cd runs off)

Hello Mutix,

The best place to contact me if you need help with TellMeWhen would be in the comments on the addon's page over at http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen

If you post the export string of the icon that you are having trouble with, I will be able to figure out what the problem is pretty quickly. To get an export string, open the icon editor, and click button labeled "Import/Export/Backup". Select the "To string" ... "Icon: #" option, and then press CTRL+C to copy it to your clipboard.
    Author of TellMeWhen and many other useful and helpful addons such as SpeedyLoad.

Deleted
    Roger that Cybeloras! Have you got battle tag by any chance? Would make my life a lot easier! I'm on EU.

Deleted
    I'm havint the same issue, for quet a long time (years?).
    I can't get it working for the life of me. Tried for my Druid, now trying for my Rogue, doesn't work.

Very very simple process:
    Choose new icon type: missing debuff (tried also buff/debuff).
    Spells to watch: Rupture; Garrote; Toxic Blade
    What to watch: target
    Debuff
    Only cast by me
    I check Duration requirement: 0.01
    Then I get additional opacity and color bar so it looks like this:
    Duration < 1 : 100%
    I'm not sure about this one, tried both 0% and 100% for Any Present
    All absent: 100%

Thats all I've dont.
    And when Rupture is used, then it just stays hidden, no matter what in a combat afterwards.
    Disclaimer: I want it simple, I don't want to create stack of separate icons and then pull them in one by one with additional conditions, I don't want to slow down my interface.
    I just want one simple debuff button that shows the missing dots on my enemy in the above order.
    Can someone help pelase?

Happy New Year!