Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will there be another raid between Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar?

So I was thinking about this after making the thread about how there won't be a raiding tier in 5.3.

Is there enough content left after ToT for Blizz to make T16 the tier before Siege of Orgrimmar?

The mantid Empress is dead. 6 of the 7 Sha are 'dead' (I'm guessing the Sha of Pride is being saved for SoO), the Mogu leader will have been defeated, the last of the fighting Zandalari will have been subdued. There probably isn't enough content/lore behind the Saurok, Hozen, Jinyu or Yaungol to have a raid based around them.

Without any sort of retcon or CoT thing (which can't happen anyways), the only thing I could possibly think of is some sort of Alliance-related raid (since most likely Siege will be more Horde-related), and even that is a stretch since the Alliance doesn't have the same sort of inner turmoil the Horde seems to have.

Any possible ideas?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Zandalari have been a pain in the neck since the beginning.

First, they had this ridiculous rep grind where they make us do their dirty work.
    Then, they turn and join up with the guys we beat down and betray us.
    This time they're coming straight at us with weapons at maximum.

I would like to see both factions say enough is enough and to take the fight to them -

ASSAULT ON THE ZANDALARI - end boss will be Rastakhan himself.

You start off with some troll beasts, maybe a dire troll or a general.
    You then have some sort of FACTION BATTLE that acts as a precursor to the Siege of Ogrimmar.
    Then you have some sort of council fight.
    Finally, you take down the king of the Zandalari.

Next expansion - Worgen reclaim Gilneas, Darkspear Trolls take over Zul Gurub. Alliance get a foothold in Lordaeron and the Horde get a foothold in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I'm pretty sure there'll be at least one more raid before the Siege of Orgrimmar. We're still pretty early into the MoP expansion, technically.

They can easily get two more raids out with the Zandalari and the last Sha. Three if they have a precursor to the Siege of Orgrimmar, but that might be stretching it. I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

First, they had this ridiculous rep grind where they make us do their dirty work.

I would like to see both factions say enough is enough and to take the fight to them -

ASSAULT ON THE ZANDALARI - end boss will be Rastakhan himself.

You start off with some troll beasts, maybe a dire troll or a general.
    You then have some sort of FACTION BATTLE that acts as a precursor to the Siege of Ogrimmar.
    Then you have some sort of council fight.
    Finally, you take down the king of the Zandalari.

Next expansion - Worgen reclaim Gilneas, Darkspear Trolls take over Zul Gurub. Alliance get a foothold in Lordaeron and the Horde get a foothold in the Eastern Kingdoms.
    It's revealed in the Kun-Lai quests that Zuldazar is destroyed.

edit: forgot
    Last edited by Byniri; 2013-01-15 at 06:38 AM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Nobody really knows. I hope there is one personally, I thought Cataclysm was too short. And I'm liking MoP, I hope it's around for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    SPOILER:

In the 5.2 quest it's revealed Zuldazar is destroyed.
    And that Rastakhan was arguably, not going to be driven to desperation like Zul and his followers. If he is alive, I doubt he'd have hostility towards the outside world.

EDIT: nvm just googled it Thx!
    forgive my ignorance as i dont pve alot but when was SoO confirmed/hinted at?
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

SPOILER:

In the 5.2 quest it's revealed Zuldazar is destroyed.
    The 5.2 quest? That was revealed in the last quest against the Zandalari in Kun'Lai summit. Prophet Khar'Zul yells out that they need this land because their homeland was destroyed in the cataclysm.

With the speed that the major patches are soming out I'd say there'll be one or two more than usual. Patches, not raids. I feel like there will be another raid between this and the siege, but I don't think it will have a new tier with it. Since they chop up the raids anyway with raid finder, why not have a few small raids in one patch or have one that at least feels like a few different raids. Like one patch with a small raid, one for the alliance and one for the horde in the patch before the siege. Like the alliance retakes Northwatch hold and the horde defend the Echo Isles both getting ready to fight Garrosh the next patch.
    Last edited by Dybia; 2013-01-15 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know guys its been months since MoP came and we are currently getting a new patch in the next month 5.2... There will be at least 2 more Patches before Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    And that Rastakhan was arguably, not going to be driven to desperation like Zul and his followers. If he is alive, I doubt he'd have hostility towards the outside world.
    Sounds like the right kinda guy to be rallying opposing forces to retake/remove Zandalari fighters then!

I'm kind of expecting another one, 'cuz I'm expecting 5.2 to drop by mid-late February, and even with another "casual" patch between it, it still seems like they'd have time for another raid. I do think the Trolls is a good route to take, but...the 5.2 stuff already has such a Troll feel to it, I'm not sure if players would appreciate it very much. And it seems we're going to be seeing a lot of Trolls in this raid already, maybe not as bosses, but at least one or two. So I'm not sure how I'd feel about it unless they managed to really change it up.

The Zandalari weren't bad until the Cataclysm destroyed their homes, then, like all the trolls whose demise they recorded, they threw out their accumulated wisdom and doomed themselves to the failures all the other troll tribes fell into. Like that Zandalari troll recording the demise of the Drakkari said, "some trolls never learn".

make that all trolls.

If they stick to their plan, their won't be enough time for another raid. MoP is expected to only last for about 1.5 years, with 4-6 months between raids.

Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    EDIT: nvm just googled it Thx!
    forgive my ignorance as i dont pve alot but when was SoO confirmed/hinted at?
    Blizzard confirmed at the end of Cataclysm that Garrosh would be the final boss of MoP.

The Zandalari weren't bad until the Cataclysm destroyed their homes, then, like all the trolls whose demise they recorded, they threw out their accumulated wisdom and doomed themselves to the failures all the other troll tribes fell into. Like that Zandalari troll recording the demise of the Drakkari said, "some trolls never learn".

make that all trolls.
    The Darkspears seem alright, and I'm an alliance fan boy. I'm alliance all the way, but Vol'Jin is awesome. If he sees he needs help from outside the horde, he isn't afraid to ask for it since it isn't just HIS problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would like to see another raid between the Throne of Thunder and the Siege of Orgrimmar I feel the "troll" theme has been played out especially with the Zandalari being prominent on the Throne of Thunder. I'd like to see other themes and lore explored. Perhaps a Yaungol-themed raid, granted it would be hard seeing how they are nomadic but I just think Mists has more potential for another raid other than another troll dungeon.

It's revealed in the Kun-Lai quests that Zuldazar is destroyed.

edit: forgot
    Just because their land is destroyed doesn't mean they lack a base of operations. For all you know they may have retreated back into Zul Gurub as it is the closest troll fortress to Pandaria.

make that all trolls.
    No, they weren't bad... doesn't mean that their rep grind didn't suck.

Deleted
    I'd say that there will be another Tier between ToT and SoO. My personal guess is raid with body of Y'Shaarj or Zandalari raid, but i think that Zandalari Golden Fleet and Prophet Zul are saved for the next expansion.

I'm thinking after 5.2, 5.3 will be another small 5.1 like patch which also brings with it the next PvP season as well and maybe the new DoTa style BG they've been trying to get done. Then 5.4 will give us a handful of new dungeons (at least 4 more) along with a new scenario or two prepare the story for Siege of Orgrimmar. Then 5.5 will be the final patch.

Deleted

You are the first person to give a decent counterpoint for Gilneas, Thank you for letting me see this Gem of great Forum insight.

Note: This is not Sarcasm, I like this alot!