Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am also doing RoP/Frost Armor/Haste build and having decent results. I am still trying to make the transition from fire's crit gear to full haste gear so I do not have quite as much haste as Dream but I am still getting good results.

www wow-heroes com/character/us/Garona/arcanica/ - WoW Heroes page with links to logs - I believe all of these are after I made the switch from mastery to haste.

us battle net/wow/en/character/garona/Arcanica/simple - Armory

Sorry had to post the links like that since I am new to the forums.

Deleted
    This discussion needs some dimension, you guys swear to what ever you prefer instead of applying logic to each fight.

so.. choose depending on the fight, heavy movement invo, light or no movement RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    This discussion needs some dimension, you guys swear to what ever you prefer instead of applying logic to each fight.

so.. choose depending on the fight, heavy movement invo, light or no movement RoP.
    Applying that to this tier isn't so cut and dry. Depending on how your raid group does certain bosses, RoP can be used even on heavy movement fights to the same or even greater benefit than Invo. There is also less room for error with invo because if you end up messing up and evocating at a bad time and don't or can't complete it you've just suffered a massive loss of dps.

The best advice, at least for the time being is practice both, and play what you end up being more comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post

I agree with Dream's comment as well. I use RoP on every encounter now, heavy movement or not. Even on Heroic Zor'lok, one of the heaviest movement fights of this tier, you can use RoP if you are comfortable with it.

With that said, I have not tried the invocation burn method yet, but the RoP haste build feels nice and I can put out competitive damage with the best arcane mages in the world.

Deleted
    ^I agree with both of you, my main point was to apply logic, and use both were best suited.

I my self use RoP on almost every fight as well, but for me a fight like 4K's, specially the first boss and the transition with 2end boss i found my self recasting RoP a lot. So i went invo as it lines up pretty well with every movement(shield->annihilate etc).

As for zorlok i havent had the pleasure of doing HC progress yet as we skipped him for blade-gara-wind, but i can see RoP working well here actually, as your not going to do much damage during attenuation any way, and you pretty much run round 1 time and land in the same spot. With invocation i often loose the buff just before attenuation or during it(as said dont know if this holds true for hc as well..). + I cant tell you how many times ive gotten stunned out of my evocation with that beam stun ><.

Any way in the end on most heavy movement fights i tend to go frost.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-01-20 at 12:40 AM.