Thread: holy questing

Deleted

holy questing

I am a holy priest who struggles to gain the same level of fun out of either of the other 2 specs compared to holy. However, i find that holy is slow in questing situations. I have come up with a solution though, and thought this would be a good place to post it.

create a new glyph that benefits holy word: chastise:
    makes chastise do more damage (benefits the situation of low damage) and lowers the cooldown (to make it effective in rotation), but to reduce the disorientate effect (to make it less of a no brainer to pvp).
    This would benefit questing while not affecting the other aspects of the class - healers will not choose this for pve because it takes away from much more useful glyphs, and the usage they get out of chastise is minimal compared to the other chakra state bonus'. PvP are unlikely to choose this, as they would find the benefit of disorientate much more useful than increased damage, although testing would proove how valid that statement is.

thanks for reading, and i am interested to know what other people think about this =p

Quote Originally Posted by biochin1 View Post
    I am a holy priest who struggles to gain the same level of fun out of either of the other 2 specs compared to holy. However, i find that holy is slow in questing situations. I have come up with a solution though, and thought this would be a good place to post it.

create a new glyph that benefits holy word: chastise:
    makes chastise do more damage
    (benefits the situation of low damage) and lowers the cooldown (to make it effective in rotation), but to reduce the disorientate effect (to make it less of a no brainer to pvp).
    This would benefit questing while not affecting the other aspects of the class - healers will not choose this for pve because it takes away from much more useful glyphs, and the usage they get out of chastise is minimal compared to the other chakra state bonus'. PvP are unlikely to choose this, as they would find the benefit of disorientate much more useful than increased damage, although testing would proove how valid that statement is.

thanks for reading, and i am interested to know what other people think about this =p
    The bolded part is kinda meh, once you get the chakra stances you get a Chakra Chastise stance that increses all damage of smite,holy fire, shadow spells and also reduces the mana costs by like 90%, Once you get that holy actually does become the fastest to lvl as untill you reach MoP.

Honestly though Blizzard has said this time and time again, if you want to quest to the most efficient, roll the dps spec, it is there to kill stuff fast, asking for healers to be able to quest while maintaining decent dps to quest as fast as the dps spec would be really stupid.

Holy does fine with Chakra stance dps.

Deleted
    agreed, the chakra state does increase your dps, but to me it still feels sluggish, although i fully understand that it wouldn't be good if the damage suddenly rivalled that of dps, and i don't want that XD because being holy means i have survivability; not the dps. but, the dps spec for priests is very unappealing for me, and i would still like to feel that i am making progress on killing my targets =p.
    It was just an idea though, and thanks for your input =]

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad idea but you're still trying to make a spec that's about healing a damage spec. You have a damage spec. I get that you don't like it, but if you want to do damage more efficiently that's the one to use. That's why we have dual specs, so you can switch back and forth without respecs. Before you say "But... but... I really dislike shadow" consider that the game can't possibly cater to everyone's individual likes and dislikes. If it did, then you have to cater to the person who wants Disc to do better damage and Shadow to heal more or be able to tank.

At the end of the day you've been given a tool. Your refusal to use it is your choice. Holy isn't a dps spec and shouldn't be.

I'm confused... holy is currently very very good dps, especially in aoe situations. If by sluggish you mean boring, I agree, but damage throughput is insane now.

Questing with holy is easy and fast now, thanks to the huge dps its capable of doing in chastise. You can deal almost the same damage as shadow (probably more in AoE as well), and heal yourself easily, as you get all the tool box holy has, save for serenity. Mana is also a none issue for dpsing, as its 90% reduced.

Holy does fantastic DPS if...
    - You stay in Chakra:Chastise (obviously)
    - You stay in Inner Fire. Inner Will is for wuzzies.
    - You pick the glyph of Smite (important if you want to rule meters, those +%damage bonuses stack up fast)
    - You pick the glyph of Holy Fire (optional, but a solid DPS increase)
    - You try to pick up gear with haste+crit (this is optional; but any spirit and mastery is just wasted itemization)
    - Try to use Shadowfiend/Mindbender on cooldown
    - Try to weave in some SW: Pain into that rotation.
    - Never ever ever cast HW:Chastise.

Holy Word: Chastise simply hits for less than a smite, and that's before any damage modifiers come into play. There is no point in ever casting it, except as an interrupt ability. And since most mobs will be immune to it, there is really no point in casting it ever. In PVE.

In PVP it's quite awesome. Nothing beats chastising some poor sod that is attempting to escape from a gang of players. But you don't ever cast it for the damage. The spell could do 0 damage for all I care. I think the OP has a good point though. What's the point of a big on-cooldown ability that does less dps than your spammable attack?

If pyroblast did less damage than a fireball, would mages even consider casting it?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really miss the options we had with Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Devouring Plague.

Deleted
    thanks for the replies, i understand now why i do low damage on my priest now =p error was my own part but sorted that now and questing faster, thanks guys =]