Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"We are going to slightly increase Resto druid healing across the board."

Notes from PTR:
    "We are going to slightly increase Resto druid healing across the board."

Guess blizz has finally acknowledge that we've been lagging "slightly" behind other healers.... What u guys think?

Deleted
    But is pure output really the issue? Will it not just be another rejuv buff? Or WG?

Slightly lagging behind does not mean "bad". Resto Druids do well if played correctly, but "theoretical max" is below others. Resto Druids still bring Tranq, which is a potent healing CD.

Everything comes down to player Skill, that's why WoL is so inaccurate, as the people who know how to play perfectly other healing classes will rank for the top or people bloat numbers just to rank. While in the semi-hardcore(people that are currently 2-7 bosses down on Heroic with Normal cleared), it's about equal, and you shouldn't really care "OMFG! Paladins do 5% more HPS than me!", if you are wiping to healing not being enough, you are obviously doing something wrong.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Tehterokkar;19841876]Slightly lagging behind does not mean "bad". Resto Druids do well if played correctly, but "theoretical max" is below others. Resto Druids still bring Tranq, which is a potent healing CD.

lol, resto druids dont do well, even played 100% correct we still fall behind, its all over the forums and blogs with complains about it, we lack some things, a nice burst aoe heal is one of them. So the slightly increase across the board is a welcome change.

Look at the data from last month.

Last edited by mmoc9a58a87011; 2013-01-15 at 08:40 PM.

Honestly I don't think this will help us much. It's just more throughput which isn't our problem. So our already overhealing HoTs will be doing more overhealing. Hurray! Thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Honestly I don't think this will help us much. It's just more throughput which isn't our problem. So our already overhealing HoTs will be doing more overhealing. Hurray! Thanks Blizz.
    Stronger hots means they will heal more before the targets are topped, but still...

The issue with resto druids in PvE is that the other healers are all very strong at topping the raid relatively fast - that is their roll, a resto druids job is to help raid heal to a degree but mainly to help cushion the raid with hots while they're healed up.

Druids lag behind when other healers in the raid play their class correctly, personally I don't really care about recount or logs when it comes to druid healing, the entire design of them means that they will almost always be below other healers, unless you're outgearing content and using less healers.

Wild mushrooms could help if they were designed to give more burst over a larger area, but at the end of the day, even if druids are bottom on recount or logs they're still doing a valuable job to the raid. The biggest change would be a reducing the mana cost on rejuv and perhaps extending the hot by even a few seconds, perhaps not back to wotlk length. Or add some form of shield from hot overheals.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2013-01-15 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    lol, resto druids dont do well, even played 100% correct we still fall behind, its all over the forums and blogs with complains about it, we lack some things, a nice burst aoe heal is one of them. So the slightly increase across the board is a welcome change.

Look at the data from last month.

I don't quite care much for the "score" numbers. I'd rather look at real numbers.

But either way, from what I gather, Discipline is ridiculously over powered, and beyond that, yeah, Druid is at the bottom end, but it's not far from the average.

If you compare it to Discipline, it's simply disgusting. A slight buff will do great for resto, but Discipline needs a massive nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

If you compare it to Discipline, it's simply disgusting. A slight buff will do great for resto, but Discipline needs a massive nerf.
    its on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

It might be nice if Wild Growth was reverted back to it's T12 potency. That would also go some way toward solving any burst healing issue.

Deleted
    This is mainly for pvp it seems. The 30% overall healing nerf affects resto druids the most because of not being able to compete with the burst.
    Thats why resto druids healing will be slightly buffed to keep up with other healers in pvp. Too bad the other nerfs to surv will nullify that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    But is pure output really the issue? Will it not just be another rejuv buff? Or WG?
    I don't really think that's the issue. We need something new to be on par with other healers. If they just want to increase our healing "slightly" I'd say by at least 10%, but this might create some pvp issues.

If they want to fix resto druid in pve without screwing up pvp, increasing healing across the board is not the way to go.

This is good for us Resto druids.

As others have said, We are not 'BAD' no, But definitely not in the best of spots either.

Cenarion Ward 100% buff
    T-15 4 set bonus making Rejuv tick stronger the longer it goes
    Possible Mushroom buff
    Flat-out healing bonus?

I am pretty happy
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-01-16 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    I don't really think that's the issue. We need something new to be on par with other healers. If they just want to increase our healing "slightly" I'd say by at least 10%, but this might create some pvp issues.

If they want to fix resto druid in pve without screwing up pvp, increasing healing across the board is not the way to go.
    I agree, all we really lack atm is some sort of burst/spamable AOE healing.

A druid can never compete with a spamable praying of healing, or a monk uplift spam for example.

The new mushroom change really wont solve anything imo, as it sounds like another raid cooldown, something we really dont need. And healing across the board just sounds like they will buff all our spells a bit, which is great sure.. but its still not gonna help us.

Making rejuv put an absorb bubble on the target for say 50% of its over healing sounds awesome, but is absorbs really what a druid is all about? not rly.

They could make mushrooms heal for say 100% more, but with a 30sec CD, and maybe buff wildgrowth a little bit... we'd be in a much better place w/o having to do any thing too complicated or "un-druid-like".

I feel our single target healing is fairly decent, its just burst AOE i have a problem with

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    This is good for us Resto druids.

As others have said, We are not 'BAD' no, But definitely not in the best of spots either.

Cenarion Ward 100% buff
    T-15 2 set bonus making Rejuv tick stronger the longer it goes, Along with the T-14 2 set bonus making rejuv cost 10% less, As WELL as Rejuv being reduced in cost in 5.2
    Possible Mushroom buff
    Flat-out healing bonus?

I am pretty happy

I imagine T-14 2 set and T-15 2 set will be INCREDIBLY powerful
    Item - Druid T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Swiftmend’s ground effect can now heal up to 4 targets each time it heals.
    Item - Druid T15 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) The healing done by your Rejuvenation increases by 6% each time it causes healing.

its the 4set that makes rejuv tick stronger, our new set bonus's are pretty good tbh, tahts more AOE healing from 2 and 4 set
    Last edited by mmoc85d461a018; 2013-01-16 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post

Item - Druid T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Swiftmend’s ground effect can now heal up to 4 targets each time it heals.
    Item - Druid T15 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) The healing done by your Rejuvenation increases by 6% each time it causes healing.

its the 4set that makes rejuv tick stronger, our new set bonus's are pretty good tbh, tahts more AOE healing from 2 and 4 set
    NO WAY, I swear it was the other way around....ughhh..

I must have read it wrong or they switched it around...UGH

God our 2 set is fucking worthless..."You know how swiftmend heals 3 people? Well, Lets make the 2 set heal...ready...4 PEOPLE!"

Want to punch whoever made that decision.

Worthless? Why? It should be a throughput increase.

Worthless compared to what?
    Ashr

Resto drood in my guild talks all the time about needing more front-loaded healing, since he gets sniped constantly before his hots run their course.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Resto drood in my guild talks all the time about needing more front-loaded healing, since he gets sniped constantly before his hots run their course.
    Well, yeah. Basically the problem is that shields get first priority to deal with incoming damage, then instant heals, then HoTs. By the time HoTs get a chance to tic, most of their duration is already over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    NO WAY, I swear it was the other way around....ughhh..

I must have read it wrong or they switched it around...UGH

God our 2 set is fucking worthless..."You know how swiftmend heals 3 people? Well, Lets make the 2 set heal...ready...4 PEOPLE!"

Want to punch whoever made that decision.
    I agree that the 2pc could be better if you look on what other healers get, the 2pc should add an additional target or two on Wild Growth tbh. Swiftmend is actually hard to get four people in it, at least in 10man whereas it's easy to hit everyone with a Wild Growth. But I wouldn't say the 2pc is bad though as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Worthless? Why? It should be a throughput increase.

Worthless compared to what?
    Worthless compared to anything else they could have done?

You know what I would have done with Swiftmend?

Item - Druid T15 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Swiftmend’s ground effect can now be manually placed and it's radius increased by 10%

Something like that, I mean for fucks sake at least that is 'somewhat' better considering Efflorescence is a crappy small little circle, Where as healing rain is a giant fucking circle

Or like qweek said, An additional target or two on Wild Growth.

Or HELL even making nourish not a totally shit spell, Make it cast faster and heal harder, Because NOBODY uses Nourish other than to get harmony going before a fight starts
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-01-16 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Since resto druids do actually put out a lot (the most?) of overhealing, it would not surprise me that if as the next tier brought more health and damage, and since that damage will (at first anyway) take more time/mana to heal for other classes, if a druid with the same amount of hots would actually get a throughput increase just from less over healing.