Is anyone having problems with EA?

Hi! I didn't know where to post this here so I hope this is right.

I got up this morning and went to play my Sims 3 (I love Sims 3) and it said my information was invalid. I sometimes get that with the launcher so I closed it out and tried again with the same error.

I tried logging in via the website with the same error. When trying to change my password it says they are experiencing technical errors.

Is anyone else having this with them? It's a little concerning to me =(

Deleted
    This is the disadvantage of Origin, isn't it? The same thing with Steam-only games if Steam would go down, the same with the very recent Diablo 3 debacle on BattleNet.

I personally haven't experienced it, but I don't play any EA games currently. Only BF3 from time to time to be honest but I've never had any outright trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    This is the disadvantage of Origin, isn't it? The same thing with Steam-only games if Steam would go down, the same with the very recent Diablo 3 debacle on BattleNet.

I personally haven't experienced it, but I don't play any EA games currently. Only BF3 from time to time to be honest but I've never had any outright trouble.
    Steam has offline mode so unless the game has extra drm beyond that you shouldn't have trouble (origin does too but for some reason they also added server checks to all their games once you start them)

I actually don't use Origin to boot my games, I use the disks. I'm just wondering if there is a post somewhere someone found stating EA / Origin is having an outage right now where people cannot log into the accounts or change passwords

Deleted
    http://www.origin.com/uk/status

Only time I've had problem getting on it's shown yellow/red.

Deleted
    Bought 2 games from them and 2 times I got an empty mail without a CD-key...had to make 3-4 tickets to get my keys after dealing with retarded copy-paste customer support than was even copying stuff not related to my request.

My biggest problems with EA are:

-DLC whoring on a game not even released for a week (leave alone a day)
    -Origin client which is the most shitty game client I've seen in my life, even worse than GFWL

Reason they removed their games on steam was because steam refused to sell their games unless they were allowed to sell the DLC of said games aswell on Steam. Was really annoying dealing ME2 DLC through the EA website insted of just being able to buy it off steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikeiko View Post
    I actually don't use Origin to boot my games, I use the disks. I'm just wondering if there is a post somewhere someone found stating EA / Origin is having an outage right now where people cannot log into the accounts or change passwords
    Good reminder, I wasn't allowed to change my password for 9 days because of the crappy service on the site...so I couldn't even log in to play Battlefield after I received my CD-key.

The website says online, though I still cannot log in to my Sims 3 Launcher, or the Sims 3 website, nor can I change my password =(.

Sorry! We are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later.

That's the error I receive when attempting to reset my password.

Invalid Login Information. Please try again.

When I try logging in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Steam has offline mode so unless the game has extra drm beyond that you shouldn't have trouble (origin does too but for some reason they also added server checks to all their games once you start them)
    I actually did not know that, thanks for the heads up and correcting me.

Also Uplay is at the very least working in a similar fashion.

Don't know if it's the same thing but a lot of EA games that needed an EA account before now use an Origin account. I have Dragon Age: Origins and all DLC available. Registered all DLC on my EA account and after I logged in into Origin it's an Origin account and therefore all my DLC that is registered on my EA account is gone. Wrote the support multiple times that I can't use my DLC because the games checks the Origin account and not the EA account that is available as a persona in my Origin account and all they tell me is that I can only redeem DLC codes once and give me a link where I can redeem codes.

That's it for me. Planed to buy some games this year but after EA doesn't care how they fuck up their older games I won't ever buy an EA game in the future. Even if I could log-in with my EA account, I've read that the DLC servers for the PC version of DA:O are offline so that I wouldn't be able to download the DLC anyway. DLC is still available on Xbox360 and PS3 because it's hosted on the XboxLive and PSN servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Don't know if it's the same thing but a lot of EA games that needed an EA account before now use an Origin account. I have Dragon Age: Origins and all DLC available. Registered all DLC on my EA account and after I logged in into Origin it's an Origin account and therefore all my DLC that is registered on my EA account is gone. Wrote the support multiple times that I can't use my DLC because the games checks the Origin account and not the EA account that is available as a persona in my Origin account and all they tell me is that I can only redeem DLC codes once and give me a link where I can redeem codes.

That's it for me. Planed to buy some games this year but after EA doesn't care how they fuck up their older games I won't ever buy an EA game in the future. Even if I could log-in with my EA account, I've read that the DLC servers for the PC version of DA:O are offline so that I wouldn't be able to download the DLC anyway. DLC is still available on Xbox360 and PS3 because it's hosted on the XboxLive and PSN servers.
    Huh... won't the DLC be registered on your account at social.bioware.com?
    I didn't have a PC wen it came out so ended up getting the 360 version later (so much worse ) and it recognizes my dlc from 360 on pc version even.

Who doesn't have problems with EA?

Sorry I had to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

Sorry I had to.
    With their account/client in general? Me...
    I despise what they're doing to titles but not had a problem outside of VERY rare server issues (only a couple of times in the past year)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

Sorry I had to.
    Honestly, I must have been lucky. I had problems with my copy of Mass Effect 1 installing and they fixed it for me within 24 hours. Yet, I keep hearing all these horror stories about bad CS.

*shrug*
    Putin khuliyo