Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else impressed by the graphics considering it's the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Where are you getting your information from? I've been looking around Google for almost 15 minutes, everything I've read states some random individual created that "game".

So, where are you getting this "lefties" creating the game?

Or are you going to compare the actions of a massive organization, such as the NRA, to those of a single individual?
    One person or 20 people make it what's the difference. Do you really think the NRA made that game someone made it and came to them with it. I have played the NRA game and it sucks the NRA should be ashamed of putting there name on such a terrible product.

Who with any sense in their head would listen to anything NRA say anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    The definition of violence, is unique to each person, which is why I respectfully disagree with your position on saying shooting those targets is an indication of violence.

I just cannot see how a game, in which there is no blood, no living things to shoot (or approximations of living things), in which the closest thing to an indication of violence is a "human shaped" target which bears no decorative resemblance to an actual human, just the ideal striking points, is a violent video game.
    by the nras logic violent videogames are bad "because blood and stuff".
    shooting a gun at a range is literally practicing how to kill someone. then making a videogame about it when they denounce "violent games" is just tacky. but we all know its about the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that the general feeling around here was that games and such don't ever cause violence or influence kids to commit violence?

But now that it's a game from a group you don't like all that changes and it's suddenly bad?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I thought that the general feeling around here was that games and such don't ever cause violence or influence kids to commit violence?

But now that it's a game from a group you don't like all that changes and it's suddenly bad?
    its because the group is the same one denouncing other games for encouraging violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    One person or 20 people make it what's the difference. Do you really think the NRA made that game someone made it and came to them with it. I have played the NRA game and it sucks the NRA should be ashamed of putting there name on such a terrible product.
    If you can't see the difference between something released by a massive organization and something put out by a random person, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, you still haven't shown where you got the "lefties" came up with that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    its because the group is the same one denouncing other games for encouraging violence.
    Maybe they saw the light and came around, what's wrong with that? Isn't that what you would have wanted them to change their opinion to?

And if your contention is that games don't cause violence, what's the problem? Or are you just looking for a reason to attack the NRA and really don't care about the content of their game?

I see absolutely no problem at all with this game.

10+ Year Old Account

We're not saying that the game is bad (although it looks lame/boring). We're just calling the NRA out for their hypocrisy. You can't denounce video games for "training" kids to kill, then put out a game that has you take a gun out to a range for target practice.

Maybe they saw the light and came around, what's wrong with that? Isn't that what you would have wanted them to change their opinion to?
    in a matter of weeks since they made those public statements? please.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not saying that the game is bad (although it looks lame/boring). We're just calling the NRA out for their hypocrisy. You can't denounce video games for "training" kids to kill, then put out a game that has you take a gun out to a range for target practice.
    But in doing that you're contradicting your own argument because in order for it to bother you you'd have to believe that the NRA's game was, in fact, "training" kids to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in doing that you're contradicting your own argument because in order for it to bother you you'd have to believe that the NRA's game was, in fact, "training" kids to kill.
    I would have to believe that CoD trains people to kill as well, but I don't.

What is the point of the game? Wouldn't you rather go practice shooting hands on, outside on a sunny day with friends and family? Oh that right, NRA thinks only children play videogames.

10+ Year Old Account
    The purpose is not to show that the NRA's original argument is "right". Just to demonstrate that the NRA are hypocrites, for saying "video games teach you to shoot, and that's awful" followed shortly thereafter with "Here's our video game that teaches you to shoot, and that's good".

It's not OUR argument. It's THEIRS. Yes, it's contradictory. That's why they're hypocrites. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to believe that CoD trains people to kill as well, but I don't.
    No you wouldn't. Let me break it down:

NRA: Games train kids to kill.
    You: No they don't!
    NRA: Let's make a game.
    You: Hypocrites!

Two black kettles.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you wouldn't. Let me break it down:

NRA: Games train kids to kill.
    You: No they don't!
    NRA: Let's make a game that trains you to use a gun.
    You: Hypocrites!
    Fixed that for you. Maybe now you see the hypocrisy?

Lets say you eat at Subway all the time, but you make fun of people who also go to Subway. Am I not allowed to call you a hypocrite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you. Maybe now you see the hypocrisy?

Lets say you eat at Subway all the time, but you make fun of people who also go to Subway. Am I not allowed to call you a hypocrite?
    That depends on what your opinion of people who eat at Subway all the time is.

What I'm saying is that if you criticize the NRA for their statements about games, then criticize them for making a game, you're validating their original statements about games because you're assuming them to have been true, thereby causing you to view the NRA as hypocrites now that they're engaged in gaming.

If you really believed what they had originally said to not be true, you would consider their current forays into game making entirely immaterial.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on what your opinion of people who eat at Subway all the time is.

What I'm saying is that if you criticize the NRA for their statements about games, then criticize them for making a game, you're validating their original statements about games because you're assuming them to have been true, thereby causing you to view the NRA as hypocrites now that they're engaged in gaming.
    No, it doesn't. Nothing you said follows logically from anything anyone has said. If you say "eating animals is wrong", and then order a bacon double cheeseburger and wolf it down, me pointing out that your later act and prior statement contradict each other does not in any way require me to agree with your prior statement. You're just making up silly nonsensical garbage for some reason, and the only one that pops to mind is a baseless need to defend the NRA at any costs, no matter how nonsensical or illogical such a defense may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, it doesn't. Nothing you said follows logically from anything anyone has said. If you say "eating animals is wrong", and then order a bacon double cheeseburger and wolf it down, me pointing out that your later act and prior statement contradict each other does not in any way require me to agree with your prior statement. You're just making up silly nonsensical garbage for some reason, and the only one that pops to mind is a baseless need to defend the NRA at any costs, no matter how nonsensical or illogical such a defense may be.
    I don't have anything invested in the NRA, I couldn't care less what happens to them. And this is what you always do to anybody who disagrees with you: Accuse them of "making things up". Hard to believe you're even a mod here, you make not even want to post for fear that you're going to jump out of the shadows at me like this for every piddling little misdemeanor you deem I commit.

And what I said makes perfect sense. In order for you to be able to have the moral high ground in criticizing me for eating a bacon double cheeseburger (make up an entirely unrelated analogy, good way to change the subject...) you yourself would also have to believe that eating bacon double cheeseburgers is wrong. If you order one up for yourself right after you criticize me for doing it (regardless of my opinion of it) you're no better than I and your opinion is therefore rendered invalid.

So, you're going to say the NRA is wrong for saying that games cause violence. The NRA makes a violent game. You criticize the NRA for making a violent game.

And that's all I'm going to say to you, Endus. In fact, I'm not even going to post in this forum anymore, every time I open my mouth you jump down my throat. You win, have a nice life.