Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Altoholics in Vanilla?

When levelling was harsh and the game was brutal, I wonder, is there anyone that created multiple characters and leveled them to 60 in Vanilla, or even BC WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    When levelling was harsh and the game was brutal, I wonder, is there anyone that created multiple characters and leveled them to 60 in Vanilla, or even BC WoW?
    there were quite a few actually. I myself got a hunter and druid to 60 before BC. plus a rogue and warrior around lvl 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure some did. I can't imagine they got many created before TBC, though, considering how long it took to level at the time. Even when I started in Wrath, not taking advantage of RaF still meant some 3 months+ to level my first character.

Deleted
    I remember it took me from Onyxia's re-release to the beginning of 3.3 to level my first 80 (When I started officially)

15+ Year Old Account
    I only leveled up 1 character to 60 in vanilla, i had a few alts but the highest was about level 30. In TBC i ended up with ~3 70's because leveling got so dam easy.

Harsh and brutal? I'm guessing you didn't level in vanilla. It was not that hard to level. You died a bit more, but that was mostly because you were still learning the game.

In Vanilla, a lot of folks I played with only had 1 max level toon. In TBC - most people I knew had betwee 3-4 max level toons. There's my experience anyways.

In Vanilla i had 2 warriors, 1 shaman and a rogue at 60 plus many other in the 20-50 range and in BC i had like 9-10 lvl 70's.

Yes, having alts was very common, however, back then the game was not as focused on max level, many people enjoyed their alt at a lower level. And even though most serious players would have 2-3 max level characters, nobody (more or less) had a max level char of each class.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Harsh and brutal? I'm guessing you didn't level in vanilla.
    I didn't, thats why i'm asking

I got a paladin to level70 2 days before WoTLK came out.

I had 4 level 60s back in the original WoW. It was pretty easy to level, I would just skip elite quests and instances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    I got a paladin to level70 2 days before WoTLK came out.
    I would hardly call that a challenge since at that time Paladins already got buffed to the teeth xD

If you had more than 2 60's in vanilla, you were a leveling god. Even having just 2 was impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    During Vanilla and BC I had a friend who only wanted to level toons. Sometimes we grouped with other RL friends while leveling, but if ever we weren't online, he'd continue to quest by himself and leave us behind. As soon as a toon dinged max, he'd start another toon of a different class. He wasn't "casual" either. He'd level fast and efficiently for many hours a day after doing research. He was a good in raids, but he didn't like it. When he quit, another friend took over his account with a ton of 70s. He briefly came back to the game and leveled a bunch of toons on my account when I was doing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends had two 60s in vanilla. I had my second max level toon in BC.

Leveling wasn't harsh and brutal. Never has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I had created a few alts but did not level them much in Vanilla. I had no time for alts really as it took hours to get groups for things and once in a group as a DPS you stayed or else you weren't doing anything.

Pretty much everyone in my guild had at least one alt. My main was a hunter, I leveled a mage, then a druid, and ended up main swapping to my druid, all well before TBC.

I mean, it was lengthy, but like... it was barely enough to keep people from having a few alts. One of my guild mates had 4 or 5 alts at 60. The only big issue with having a lot of alts that kept people from making tons of them wasn't the leveling process, it was the gearing and development process after hitting 60. You couldn't jump right into raids or even the harder dungeons as soon as you hit 60 because people were more discriminate about who they brought to dungeons.

My first toon in Vanilla was a 60 pally, then around october 05 I rerolled as new servers came out (went to Cho'gall) and leveled a mage. I also had a rogue and hunter around 50-55. Nothing like I had in Wrath/Cata though, almost a max toon of every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Leveling wasn't harsh and brutal. Never has been.
    Fully agree.

Had a couple of 60's during vanilla; rogue (main), hunter, shaman, priest and warlock, while progress raiding 4-5 days a week ><