Poll: What do you think of this solution to mailing heirlooms cross realm?

10+ Year Old Account

Heirloom - BoA Crossrealm Vendor?

I dont know if this idea has been mentioned, but why not just have a vendor right next to the starting quest in each zone: they would have any BoA gear you have found, or Heirloom gear you have bought on another character. The cost to buy these items would be nothing, you just right click what you want, it goes into your inventory, you equip it, and being questing.

I mean, they could even make it really simple. Link BoA gear / Heirloom gear to achievements. Give 5 achievement points for each piece of gear, maybe even a title for collecting all pieces, and whenever you get an achievement for that particular heirloom piece, it becomes available on the vendor.

Buying Heirloom gear for the justice / honor points wouldnt put any gear into your inventory, instead it would just give you the achievement, and make the gear available from the vendor in the starting zone, and possibly there could be another vendor near the guild vendors in the major cities.

I think it is a good idea just like the half a dozen or so others that been suggested over the years to allow the transfer of heirlooms. But I think we have to face the fact that despite four years of people of asking for such a feature and no progress in sight it is unlikely to ever happen.

I was actually thinking about this at work today and I was going to create a post about it.

Deleted
    In every zone? Geez, that is a lot of vendors. Put them in SW and call it a night.

Blizzard just needs to adopt GW2's innovation of a realm-wide bank. Then, make an account-wide bank as well, which can only contain heirlooms. Problem solved.

So you would be able to have unlimited amount of heirlooms available when you buy a single one?

So I could for example buy a single chest with justice points and level couple of classes that use that chest.

Right not going to happen....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a decent band-aid fix, but Blizzard has said several times that they don't want to use any system that involves being able to copy the items, including one like this.

just install a battle.net account bank and call it a day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    just install a battle.net account bank and call it a day
    Players have long wanted an account-wide bank. Its pathetic you have to relog back and forth alts for mats. To do professions, sure, although even there some other games do this quite elegant (SWTOR for example). Problem would be of course, that you don't want to allow a player to move mats x-realm from one realm to another. That'd heavily influence realm economies. But you still want players to be able to use a realm bank, as well as the heirloom x-realm. To solve this, either make 2 different banks: one realm bank, one account bank. Or make the bank account-wide but only allow mats to be taken out if they reside from same realm (else they're greyed out and give an error, or don't show at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    In every zone? Geez, that is a lot of vendors. Put them in SW and call it a night.

Blizzard just needs to adopt GW2's innovation of a realm-wide bank. Then, make an account-wide bank as well, which can only contain heirlooms. Problem solved.
    I didnt say every zone, i only said starting zones where your character enters the world, and the major cities.

I like the account wide bank idea, but then you would need to put bankers in the starting zones as well if you wanted to use your heirloom gear the very moment you kill your first mob / do your first quest.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So you would be able to have unlimited amount of heirlooms available when you buy a single one?

So I could for example buy a single chest with justice points and level couple of classes that use that chest.

Right not going to happen....
    Why wouldnt you be able to? If you buy one chest with justice points now, people have been wanting to transfer that chest to another toon on another server. Thats the request people have been wanting. So what if that chest is now on 3 different characters? You can only level one at a time anyway. Wheres the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I didnt say every zone, i only said starting zones where your character enters the world, and the major cities.

I like the account wide bank idea, but then you would need to put bankers in the starting zones as well if you wanted to use your heirloom gear the very moment you kill your first mob / do your first quest.
    Well, you're right in a sense, but right now I have to walk to a mailbox to get my heirlooms. The first part (till major city / the bank) isn't a lot of content you can almost straight walk to there. I prefer my solution because it would solve additional problems if they also make the realm-wide bank.

To be fair, I do not see the duplication of heirloom parts a problem because otherwise you'd just mail them around which is yawn. Except for DW weapons which means rogue, DW DK, and fury warrior. They could exploit the system to get 2 of the weapons while having worked for only 1. However this is such a small issue, lets just accept it will pop up on secret caverns of the Ownedcore elite forums. Like you said, the heirlooms should just be unlocked on account basis. Once unlocked you can buy from any char on any account at starting area, and in Org/SW. The current heirlooms people have can be "scanned" from inventory and character equip slots as well as void storage, to achieve the unlock. This will take some coding and time, but its a one time effort because after that the unlock happens real-time.

One nitpick. You said you could only play one character per account anyway. Wrong. If you got 2 WoW accounts on the same account they share achievements and such (hilarious if you are logged in on both and get achievements while idle, had this happen while doing challenge modes, or faction specific stuff, and had double agent pop up when I got 90 on my 2nd account, ...) so here too you'd need if you were multiboxing 2x2 heirlooms instead of only 2. So there's some serious duplication going on if you got say 2 rogues leveling up on same account (all the leather twice, 4 heirlooms, 4 daggers, etc). I imagine in PvP the advantage would be big for multiboxing levelers.