10+ Year Old Account

Raid lockout question

I have a very weird question.

I use my lock of 4/6 in HoF to go and try Amber Shaper on a night. We fail on it and don't have chance of getting it down. Will I be able to make the raid from 0/6 HoF in the same reset?

Does the lock what is used only affects the person creating the raid or everyone in it, even when you don't get a new kill. Eg. I will make a raid with a lock, have 10 ppl in it. We decide not worth it, but would like to clear the first bosses. Can anyone from the 10 ppl start a fresh run or do they all get saved to the certain boss which lock was used, even when a new boss was not killed?

No, you can only kill a boss once per week. Once you kill a boss in a raid zone, any other bosses that were previously killed that week (or that lockout) will also be saved as being killed by you.

If the other 9 were not present for the first 4 bosses and had a number of failed attempts on Amber Shaper that would not save them - and they could do a new raid starting at Vizier; but you could not join them.

However if the lock was an extended lock from the last week and nothing new was killed this week, then you could unextend join them.

Heroic raids are slightly different in that you will be saved to the lockout immediately when you enter the instance (and click accept)

As an aside, I'd strongly recommend against extending raid locks. The gear you can get from killing bosses you are already familliar with will greatly help with new bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    No, you can only kill a boss once per week.

Thats not what he asked.
    He used a prior 4/6 lockout.
    The group failed and killed nothing.
    Will he be saved since he used the lockout although he didn't kill anything?
    I think the easiest solution would be to log in make a raid group with one guildy and enter the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    As an aside, I'd strongly recommend against extending raid locks. The gear you can get from killing bosses you are already familliar with will greatly help with new bosses.
    This 100 times!

Idk why all these people are incorrect.......Its reg mode....If you extend the lockout as long as you don't kill the boss you can simply zone back out and reset the instance + UNEXTEND your personal raid ID lockout......If its heroic mode you auto get locked. So to answer your question yes if you dont kill amber shaper assuming its REG you can zone back out and reset it and do a fresh run.

P.S. Progression > Gear unless your like in blues. The only real fights where gear is honestly necessary is fights like Heroic Garalon with absolute insane DPS and heal requirements. Since your still progressing in Reg HoF.....gear really doesn't matter at least until you start HMs although since you would be starting with heroic MSV once again gear doesn't really matter lol. All the HoF (Reg) fights and ToES (Reg) are about execution not gear we easily cleared 6/6 HoF the week it came out and 4/4 ToES the week it came out. Were 11/16 H Now.
    Last edited by Sting123; 2013-01-16 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if I forgot to mention that it was normal mode.

But progression > gear for us. As of now, at least for us, killing Garalon depends on presence of certain people. And even then for 2 weeks we got him down a fraction of a second before the enrage would've killed us. Garalon is a not a guaranteed kill for us yet (if you see the him hitting the ground animation finish (the enrage) and the leg goes down at the same time, then it is far from being guaranteed). If we get HoF done we can get into ToES, which well gives us a better chance of better gear.

Thanks for the clarification Sting.

To put it in short (and make sure that I understood what you guys said):
    If a normal lock is extended and no kill happens a new person starting a fresh raid or a instance reset will allow us to go and kill the previous bosses.
    If we kill a boss this automatically locks us with that kill and we cannot kill anything prior to that boss.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-01-16 at 07:07 AM.

Yup, you can even un-extend you lock.

Since when can you un-extend a raid lockout?

As far as i remember as soon as you extend and engage on a boss you were unable to do that.

Might be confusing something else tho.