Poll: Your Preference?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer tanking the way it is now. Mastery added a lot of value to it. I sure as hell don't miss the old Tri spec I had to get for S3D.

The decision to make one spec the dedicated tanking spec was also the best they ever made concerning DKs. It was horrible to see talents and abilities getting buffed and nerfed in major ways with every patch because each spec had to be able to tank/dps/pvp-

There are only two things I really miss: Raising and Ally as a Ghoul and Shadow of Death. But I can see why both were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I actually think alot of our history is still in game.

Old 2H Frost IT+FS machine gun = DW Frost/Masterfrost/whatever you wanna call it
    Blood DPS = Unholy rotation

Only thing I miss is old rune system and we can't have that back since we got priorities now not rotations.
    Unholy's weapon attacks hit like a 50kg woman. Might as well just put them in a dress and have them stand in the back and shoot pretty lights out of their hands like the other weaklings and healers. The old blood DPS had slow heavy weapon strikes mixed in with self healing and a few iconic DK spells. The current 2h frost is fairly close, but the old blood was EXACTLY the spec/class I wanted from this game. I do think the current DK has better overall balance, and I think that the old talent trees had too many mandatory talents, but I really miss blood DPS and the freedom to create hybrid talent combinations.

Well, Raising and Ally as a Ghoul was juseless because most people either stayed afk, didn't know what to do and blew themselves up at first or, in rare cases, couldn't do anything thanks to UI error.

But Shadow of Death - It. Was. GREAT.
    And fun! They just should've disabled Shadow of Death in PvP, to my opinion.

Deleted
    MoP, I never really enjoyed playing my DK (any spec) in WotLK. Wasn't untill Cata came that I liked playing for my death space goat.

Deleted
    I want blood dps back

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Unholy's weapon attacks hit like a 50kg woman. Might as well just put them in a dress and have them stand in the back and shoot pretty lights out of their hands like the other weaklings and healers. The old blood DPS had slow heavy weapon strikes mixed in with self healing and a few iconic DK spells. The current 2h frost is fairly close, but the old blood was EXACTLY the spec/class I wanted from this game. I do think the current DK has better overall balance, and I think that the old talent trees had too many mandatory talents, but I really miss blood DPS and the freedom to create hybrid talent combinations.
    T14 has a dress, maybe it fits?

I much preferred blood dps to blood tanking, and tanking as either Frost or Unholy was exceptionally fun. DW tanking was very interesting and fresh.

But the bottom line is that people who played Wrath DK and prefer it over MoP simply like options. DK's could be played almost any way you wanted. There will always be imperfections with balance, but it was never so bad between specs that people were forced to play in a manner they didn't like, unless to provide important raid utility/buffs. I miss magic tanking, awesome AoE of Unholy. I hope that at some point they give DK's a second tank spec (4 total) like the 4th spec they gave to Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Unholy still has its pet. Also Ive played unholy as my main spec from Wrath release to currently, and have always found the dps to be great, even now while everyone says its low I find myself topping the meters, on aoe always #1 and on single target in 25 man ussually one but never outta top 5

You misunderstood him, he misses having the option of no perma-pet for Unholy. It freed up several points for specs like tanking, shadowfrost, etc.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-01-16 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Numbers are numbers. I can agree with anything along the lines of "Yes but it has pet management" but "slow heavy weapon strikes"? All DK specs in Wrath had 0 downtime...how does that translate as slow? If Blood was still in game it would have a few extra buttons to press by now just like UH does. These things are only nods, they aint exactly like old counterparts.

Deleted
    I won't vote as I like(d) aspects of both:

WoTLK- the variety of ways to play the class was great, a few OP abilities earlier on were hillarious (DnD fear, Presence stacking, transforming to ghoul on death), having 3 options for Dps and no set rules or guidelines figured out early on was very fun, having to discover the class for yourself and work out it's strengths and weaknesses was very enjoyable!

MoP- I'd say I prefer the Cata/MoP rune system, the wotlk model was all about fitting as many globals into a fight as possible and spamming your rotation to ensure you didn't sit on runes for more than a millisecond, the new system is much more forgiving in that sence.
    Tanking has come on leaps and bounds since WoTLK, maintaining diseases on multiple targets isn't an issue today, likewise holding aoe aggro is no longer an issue... Yes unholy tanking was pretty cool, but if you think about the tools available to a dk tank today I'd say we're in much better shape!

I liked old Unholy Blight dot. Was fun to have an extra DOT as unholy DK. +gargoyle and ghoul it really felt like a melee necromancer.

I also miss the animation of desecrated ground with all the arms trying to grip people in the zone

I tried all 3 spec as tank and dps and they were all fun.

DK tank blood had extra health and some life regen frost was unhittable unholy was awesome vs magic bosses
    DK dps blood felt like ret pal frost was crit master unholy was a necro warr

it was unbalanced to have that much spec especially with dual wield but im little sad that instead of keeping some they just made 3 spec.

(i'd really love if unholy could have 1 more dot again)
    Last edited by jangkun; 2013-01-16 at 07:27 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss arp blood dks

Miss the old talent systems and the whole "no specific tanking specc", Unholy AOE tanking was fun. Im playing DK since 3.0 and i think DKs are in their worst shape right now... Playing Frost feels like playing arms warr

Deleted
    I remember tanking at the start as Unholy because of Bone Shield, I loved the Unholy Blight+DnD combo made me feel like a protection paladin on steroids with all the aoe damage going on.

I stopped playing my DK in cataclysm I just don't like the new system and couldn't adjust to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    Peoples saying WOTLK's DK was more fun than mop dks just did not play wotlk, or lies,or enjoyed blood dps, or just enjoyed how damm OP it was. It was only about: diseases~> spam scourge strike/obliterate ~> waste rp ~> refresh diseases with pestilance, and yeah, it was op like hell, but not fun at all(only if you enjoy being op like hell).
    My mind hurts from how stupid your comment is.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Wotlk DK's were awesome. I really liked that you could be somewhat viable as dps/tank in all three specs, and I really miss Blood DPS.

By far wotlk dks hands down, the 1.5 gcd unholy desecration play style was so my thing, the current 1.0 gcd no puddles of dead hands is just total bull... i can probably go on a huge list of how wotlk is better than the current dk but i don't feel like wasting my time.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-01-16 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy PvP with Bone Shield and Death Strike <3

I voted WOTLK, due to Unholy being awesome with abilities like shadow of death, unholy blight, and wandering plague and its much faster rampup. Unholy was an amazingly fun spec back then.

Frost is much better in MoP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked DPSing in Blood and tanking in Unholy *shrug* Honestly, I just liked that I had the choice to play whatever spec I wanted, doing whatever I wanted.

Deleted
    i miss when u died u became a ghoul, most awesome thing ever tbh , and u could turn others tho ghouls aswell if they died