10+ Year Old Account

Bored about everything, and bad at everything except one class...

Been playing druid ever since I stopped playing my WW monk because it got boring for me and because it's not really the playstyle I enjoy. I primarily play boomkin in PvE and sometimes in BGs, and Feral for PvP because I enjoy Feral the most.

But with the upcoming druid, FUN and exciting nerfs (NOT!), I don't know feel like playing druid anymore. Boomkin is fun and all in BGs with Z and X axis, but besides that they're quite boring seeing as they don't have any exciting utility besides vortex and Wild Charge... Feral I really do not feel like playing with a 30 second CD cyclone simply because it'd be extremely boring.

Now I tried playing the PTR. I'm primarily trying out (S)Priest, DK, Warrior and perhaps Hunter. But my problem is that I'm EXTREMELY bad as DK and Warrior. I tunnel vision myself into the ground and get disoriented because of all the abilities I have and don't know how to use. Is this because I have no real experience as either classes? As feral/boomy/resto it all comes naturally to me, is this because I played druid more than DK/Warrior? Because I find DK and Warrior to be quite clunky too.

Also, all other classes don't really seem fun to me anymore, even though I pretty much lvled every class to 85 back in cata (besides priest and paladin). I also tried out spriest on the PTR, and it came a lot more naturally to me. It was also quite RNGish, which I'm not really fond of, and there are no real fun abilities besides Leap of Faith (I really enjoy having abilities like shadowstep, disengage etc.) and I heard they're quite squishy versus melee.

Could it be, that because I've been playing WoW TOO much (which I have lately), I'm pretty much burnt out? Could this also affect how well I perform? Or is it because of all the new abilities classes have now?

TL;DR I'm at loss, not sure what to do in WoW anymore. Also none of the classes seem fun anymore, and the classes I tried out are pretty confusing and disorient me.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-01-16 at 02:20 AM.

There's a pretty steep learning curve going from caster to melee in PVP and vice-versa.

Here's my advice: Take a break from WoW for a few days or a week, collect your thoughts, and come back and make your decision. You can either stick to your main or try another caster out; don't bang your head against the wall thinking you're going to be a pro DK or warrior right away after picking the class up for a month.

Honestly it sounds like you need to take a break from the game cause you are bored/unsatisfied with it.

Deleted
    If adding a well needed cooldown on ferals CC is all it took for you to reroll from your favorite class I really do not know what to say, you clearly did not have that much love for it in the first place.

Nerfs happen all the time, this one is pretty reasonable, good ferals will still be good and a 30 sec CD on cyclone will not make the class any less fun.

Edit: New classes feel easier to play once you level them and not just jump into the PTR. As well as reading some online resources on the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    There's a pretty steep learning curve going from caster to melee in PVP and vice-versa.

Here's my advice: Take a break from WoW for a few days or a week, collect your thoughts, and come back and make your decision. You can either stick to your main or try another caster out; don't bang your head against the wall thinking you're going to be a pro DK or warrior right away after picking the class up for a month.
    Hmm, I guess you're right. Though it's weird because I mainly play Feral in PvP and have no problems playing it. It's just that warrior, with their charging to flags, heroic leaping around and charging is confusing to me. Same for DK with double grip, ghoul (I like unholy more than frost btw) with his gnaw and claw and leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Honestly it sounds like you need to take a break from the game cause you are bored/unsatisfied with it.
    Yeah, I think I'll just take a break. I'm really not liking how PvP is working right now and how druids are working. Also, lvling a new class takes sooo long, and I've already burnt myself out with lvling during cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    If adding a well needed cooldown on ferals CC is all it took for you to reroll from your favorite class I really do not know what to say, you clearly did not have that much love for it in the first place.

Nerfs happen all the time, this one is pretty reasonable, good ferals will still be good and a 30 sec CD on cyclone will not make the class any less fun.

Edit: New classes feel easier to play once you level them and not just jump into the PTR. As well as reading some online resources on the class.
    Placing a cooldown on a CC that has had no CD EVER is a pretty big deal. I'm used to hard casting a reclone to keep somebody CCed. It's the same they did in cataclysm, where they removed root breaking from the game which also made feral less fun for me (thank god they added root breaker to dash and stampeding roar later in the exp pack). It's not my fault that I like feral for its CC and root breaking (and strong bleeds).
    I mean, people simply like and dislike stuff based on changes and for certain things. I liked playing rogue begin cata, but now, because of prep and shstep on the same talent tier (which will change in 5.2, but now they have to set up damage with a weak rupture) I don't anymore...

Though, you are right about the levelling up stuff. That's something I noticed whilst lvling my druid (second druid actually) that everything became easier. I was always a bit... meh about learning a class while lvling, but it really helps I guess.

Like I said before, I think I'm just gonna take a break then. I'm just not liking MoP as much as I hoped I would and got bored quite fast.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-01-16 at 03:25 AM.

WOW was pretty much my favorite game I ever played, and in the first 6 months I was kind of not able to believe just how satisfied the game made me feel. It was hard to deal with it when that eventually went away from doing the same thing for almost two years day after day. I came back for TBC and have learned when to recognize since then when it's time to stop playing. I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking just because the game really appealed to them at one time that they could not get bored of a good thing if it's "designed well".
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW