10+ Year Old Account

Post Needs MOAR Item Storage

Both a short-term fix and a long-term fix because honestly, collecting lots of stuff should be encouraged ^_^

In the short term I'd like to see personal bank slots drastically increased Guild Bank Storage size with more slots bought like the current model. The difference from the current model is bag slots are no longer mandatory unless say you're an Enchanter, Engineer or Herbalist, etc. in which case you can buy a bag slot for that profession plus one more for a total of two per bank tab. Each bank tab would have a gradual cost in Gold and players can buy up to six tabs and would have a level requirement as a prerequisite for the last four. I would recommend these prices and levels:

Tab 2: 50G
    Tab 3: 100G, level 60
    Tab 4: 300G, level 70
    Tab 5: 500G, level 80
    Tab 6: 1000G, level 90

In the long term we're talking a total revamp. In addition to the above proposals players can talk to an NPC in a faction city's bank (Either one in SW/Org) to purchase Personal Banking, which grants the player access to a number of enhanced features, some previously exclusive to Guild Members:

- Safety Deposit Box: Purchased from a Bank Teller, this item grants the player access to their personal bank for 5 minutes. Unlike the Guild Version (Mobile Banking) the Safety Deposit Box lasts for 10 mintues and has a 30 minute cooldown.

- Cash Flow: Purchased from a bank teller, it works the same as the Guild Version only the money's deposited into your personal bank. When vendoring you have the option of paying for repairs with your savings if you'd like. If you are in a guild with the perk Cash Flow (either level) you can talk to a bank teller to switch between personal or guild depositing...for a fee.

- Direct Deposit: Purchased from a bank teller, this passive skill allows players to turn on the ability to send profession mats (Herbs, Minerals, Stones, Archeology Keystones, Cloth, Enchanting Mats, Ink, Pigments, Food, etc.) directly to their bank. Players can further customize which category of items gets deposited and even which tab. This feature can be lessened, strengthened or turned off/on at no additonal cost.

- Share the Wealth: Purchased from a Bank Teller, it is without a doubt the most comprehensive feature: This allows players to access the bank accounts of ANY of their characters on the server of the same faction regardless of level. Eventually it will become Accountwide but still be faction-specific. The player can set up limits like a Guild Master as to how much money and/or items can be transferred per character, etc.

- Major Shareholder: Purchased from a Bank Teller, you can assign one character per server per faction to micro-manage much of the above perk's features.

- Gold Loan: Depending on the character's level they can borrow up to 250,000 Gold. Players set up a payment plan when they take out the loan. Players will have 90 days from the time they took out the loan to repay it it full. If it is not repaid be the end of the deadline you will have the Bad Credit Debuff and an NPC Debt Collector will follow you around, taking every Copper you earn from loot, quests and AH sales intil the Debt is paid in full. The debuff will not allow you to purchase anything aside from health/mana restoring items from vendors and repairs.

- Debt Forgiveness: A quest item offered to people with the Bad Credit Debuff. Perhaps out of pity or simply to not lose their credit rating due to your failure to pay off your debt, the bank directs you to see the King of Stormwind/Warchief of the Horde who heard about you and might be willing to pardon your debt! As you can probably imagine, there is a catch. The quest chain offered to have your debt wiped clean depends on your level and must be completed in full.

For example level 90 players will first be asked to prove they are worthy of the King's/Warchief's Pardon infiltrating six different Alliance/Horde settlements on Pandaria (will be phased for the quest chain so the enemy NPCs don't 4-shot you lol) and stealing vital intelligence. Next you'll be sent to another Alliance/Horde faction leader who'll ask you to help them decide the fate of a few deserters. After that you're sent to see Chromie, who sends you back in time to train your level 1 self in a phased version of Northshire Valley/Valley of Trials regardless of race. After that, Chromie tells you the king/warchief requests your presence and back to SW/Org you go.

The King/Warchief had been secretly following you and observed your skills firsthand, not forgetting all you've done for the Alliance/Horde. Before he can forgive the debt he has one final challenge for you: A duel with another Champion of the Alliance/Horde looking for the King's/Warchief's pardon. After defeating them the King/Warchief is impressed you won the duel yet did not kill your opponent out of respect. He then reveals the "Hero" you spared was really a criminal who would have been freed had he killed you. In recongniton of your mercy your debt with the bank is wiped clean.

...That's what I've got in mind. if I think of anything else with which to modify this idea I'll edit I guess.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    NPC Debt Collector will follow you around, taking every Copper you earn from loot, quests and AH sales
    Haha. They'd be all over the place, lagging the citys, and people will come to the forums to whine how they can't earn any copper anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Tab 2: 50G .. etc
    Bank tabs would be nice, but I'd propose they're drastically move expensive than you're proposing. 500g for the first tab. 25,000g for the sixth, etc.

- Safety Deposit Box: Purchased from a Bank Teller, this item grants the player access to their personal bank for 5 minutes. Unlike the Guild Version (Mobile Banking) the Safety Deposit Box lasts for 10 mintues and has a 30 minute cooldown.
    I can't see why you'd need access to a bank for 10 minutes out of every 30? This items seems a little ridiculous. 5 minutes an hour is more than enough.

Cash Flow: Purchased from a bank teller, it works the same as the Guild Version only the money's deposited into your personal bank. When vendoring you have the option of paying for repairs with your savings if you'd like. If you are in a guild with the perk Cash Flow (either level) you can talk to a bank teller to switch between personal or guild depositing...for a fee.
    Or just kill one additional mob? A tiny amount of additional cash from a single player is virtually nothing. Sure, it turns into 100s of gold a day (or week) in large guilds, but the percentages present mean for a single player this is virtually useless. Might as well just increase the trash drop rate to get the same effect, but really, an unncecessary effect. Want more gold? Kill more stuff.

- Direct Deposit: Purchased from a bank teller, this passive skill allows players to turn on the ability to send profession mats (Herbs, Minerals, Stones, Archeology Keystones, Cloth, Enchanting Mats, Ink, Pigments, Food, etc.) directly to their bank. Players can further customize which category of items gets deposited and even which tab. This feature can be lessened, strengthened or turned off/on at no additonal cost.
    A nice idea, but again overpowered in the form you've presented it. All modification would have to come with a cost, and it seems a rather null and void skill considering the bank access you propose above? You literally can't farm fast enough to fill all your bags with mats in 20 minutes. Farming dungeon mobs, sure, but greens and blues wouldn't be covered by this, just mats. Perhaps instead have a bag slot converted into a direct deposit mechanism which deposits *anything* put into that slot directly into the bank.

- Share the Wealth: Purchased from a Bank Teller, it is without a doubt the most comprehensive feature: This allows players to access the bank accounts of ANY of their characters on the server of the same faction regardless of level. Eventually it will become Accountwide but still be faction-specific. The player can set up limits like a Guild Master as to how much money and/or items can be transferred per character, etc.
    A good idea, but wouldn't work well with tabs - you're basically talking about a way to have huge amounts of storage on a single server accessible by a single character. This is not what Blizz wants, the same reason they haven't already simply given us much larger bank bags, etc.

- Gold Loan: Depending on the character's level they can borrow up to 250,000 Gold. Players set up a payment plan when they take out the loan. Players will have 90 days from the time they took out the loan to repay it it full. If it is not repaid be the end of the deadline you will have the Bad Credit Debuff and an NPC Debt Collector will follow you around, taking every Copper you earn from loot, quests and AH sales intil the Debt is paid in full. The debuff will not allow you to purchase anything aside from health/mana restoring items from vendors and repairs.
    While fun of the surface, it would just lead to characters being abandoned. What's to stop you "borrowing with a toon" then buying out expensive auctions from another toon of yours on a separate account and then abandoning the first character? You expect them to do IP tracking to try and avoid fraud? What about internet cafes or share houses, etc? What about people colluding on this, or people leaving the game maxing out loans to give friends gold, etc? It'd wreak havoc on the economy. Better idea - implement player-to-player lending, with stat debuffs, and the amount loanable based on time /played.

Some good ideas, but all together they're a bit OP, simply geared towards giving everyone more gold which won't work - as it'll simply devalue the currency and drive the price of everything up. Just compare the prices of items in Vanilla to now. As more gold is available, everything becomes more expensive. Practically giving away gold won't make things more purchasable, but simply drive prices up further.

The flip side of it - simplifying money making via resource gathering, I'm not a huge fan of. I say the people who are willing to put in the efforts it takes should be rewarded. I'm not willing to, hence I always only have about 10k gold.

+Janaa
    Last edited by Janaa; 2013-01-16 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    Gold should become untradable outside of AH/vendor transactions. It should only be tradable between your own characters, regardless of faction, basically bind to account. It would solve so many issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Gold should become untradable outside of AH/vendor transactions. It should only be tradable between your own characters, regardless of faction, basically bind to account. It would solve so many issues.
    What would that fix? Gold sellers would just give buyers goods instead of gold, and then the buyer sells the goods.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I support more room in some way... but I also support it to be at a high cost (about 10 times what you suggest). Space is worth a lot in gold - so make it feel like an investment.

- as for the rest of your suggestions; just no.
    Last edited by mmoc68ede973a0; 2013-01-16 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Couldn't we try something simpler for starters? Like, say, removing the hard cap on stackable items? Gathering materials in particular which cap off at a mere 20 per stack seems highly antiquated to me. As I recall, their reasons for doing this were about the technical limitations, but I wonder if anything has changed on that front, and I also wonder just how much space people would have if mats weren't completely dominating their inventories.
    My bank is full of 22 slot bags, and all but about 3 spaces are full; not a single one with a stackable item. Poor planning on Blizzard's part: adding Transmogrification but not giving us more storage. Void Storage is absolutely fucking worthless for those of us who regularly change our transmog sets. I have ONE character out of 27 that has actually unlocked Void Storage, and there are maybe 2 or 3 things in there.

Other than the gold credit lending, I like your ideas OP.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vejovis View Post
    I support more room in some way... but I also support it to be at a high cost (about 10 times what you suggest). Space is worth a lot in gold - so make it feel like an investment.
    Why? I'd bet money that the vast majority of the WoW population wouldn't need it, or ever pay for it. So what's the point in making the price sky-high? We have more than enough gold sinks already. I need more damned room to store shit, I shouldn't have to spend every copper I make for MONTHS just to buy a few extra slots.

Hell, they should just add extra bank tabs to the Blizzard Store at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    The gold sinks are not really affecting player gold. I can barely breath without making gold ind WoW as it is. I post items once pr day at AH from ONE profession and still I make a daily profit of 6-8k gold.
    And if you give me more bagspace I'll find a way to use it for more profit - and if not I'm sure botters will.

the only thing we need to fix the space issue is this.

tabards made to act like titles.

vanity items either put into a special space like a toy box or something or make all the effects learnable spells
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

See my biggest problem isn't mats/stackables or bags vs. bank... I've muled off everything that isn't BoP off my main and still my bags are full. There's too many awesome items and cool old pieces of gear in the game. I don't even have any tier set collections!

Dunno what Blizzard could really do other than making more things BoA, or creating some kind of shared bank space across alts. Or stop making fun items!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only thing we need to fix the space issue is this.

tabards made to act like titles.

vanity items either put into a special space like a toy box or something or make all the effects learnable spells
    Hmm, yeah, I could definitely get behind that. Or, at least as far as my issues go, some way to store sets. Fully half of my bank is filled with previous-tier gear lol. I know someone mentioned this to them at one point in the past, I recall them liking the idea, but I guess it wasn't technically possible at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Well Aurabolt, you can rest assured that you will NEVER be a game designer, cause those suggestions are just plain horrible.

I agree we need more space. I hope they will increase bank space eventually to be same as guild bank, with different tabs.
    We need more space as they are adding more stuff players want to hold on to.
    I hope we get some in the next xpac......

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, i would like to have bank tabs like this ! me like !

Deleted
    All we need is more space, the rest of the suggestions really make no sense, what the heck is up with the new cash flow? The extra coins go for you? We saw you like gold, so now, we put more gold on your gold, so that when you get gold you get more gold?

Just add more tabs to void storage, and allow vanity items to be stored there, boom, problem solved, if you have non BoP stuff on your bank and it's full, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    What would that fix? Gold sellers would just give buyers goods instead of gold, and then the buyer sells the goods.
    Nah, that is actually to expensive and time taking.
    The best thing to do for them, is to make you put up X item on Auction house for Z price in order to make sure you get the gold.

I do agree that Gold trading is problematic, though I do not think it should be restricted to your own account.
    Trading gold to guildies and friends is a part of a healthy WoW economy. You trade them gold you wouldn't otherwise have used yourself, that gold goes into the auction house or vendor and boom, money goes from one pocket to another or goes down the drain of vendors.

Easiest way to stop gold sellers, would be to make gold less important, opening up a trading system of items and other goods.
    Want a item? Trade it for this item.
    Want to make sure this sticks?
    Make AH accept deposits of items to be used in trade, and make craft items (Epic or otherwise specific) BOP, but trade able through the Auction house for either Gold or an item.
    And with that, you could probably make a system where someone deposits some gold, requests a recipe for some item and deposits the mats needed.

It would be hard to implement perfectly, but I think it's a system that would make AH or "Trading post" as it could be called, more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I'm all for more storage, very much so, having to make an alt guild bank for storage is rather painful, its been years since I have been able to keep any crafting mats on my main toon.

My bank is fully 26 slots, every slot taken by soulbound items, so I can't even move them to a bank alt! Void storage was full the day it came out. and my backpack bags, well i literally have around 10 slots free at all times.. it makes for messy playing sometimes.

my mailboxes between 10 toons on my servers are always full and bouncing back and forth (our economy is crap atm and nothing seems to sell).

While I love your ideas OP (and I do!) They sound fun, I can't help but think there could be a simpler way to deal with storage issues. ...what that is though is beyond me..

I like many of these ideas outside of the loan ability. That shouldn't be possible. I also am on the fence about a Deposit Box that can be summoned, I would rather that just remain a Goblin racial.

My perfect system would be having a Bank similar to the Guild Bank, with tabs you can purchase up to a total of eight tabs. All of which you can name. Each tab then has a bag slot that an extra "upgrade" bag of your choice can be placed, so for instance I can have a tab focusing on ore, and put in a mining bag just for some extra "oomph" to my ore storage. Or maybe I just use a regular bag and use the tab more for general storage.

Void Storage would continue to exist, but instead of being actual "storage" it's a system in which you get an item and "disenchant" it to add to your transmogrification list. Disenchanting the item and adding it to the list will cost 100g. Once the item is gone and flouting forever in the void, you can go to the transmogrification vendor, click on the slot you want to overwrite, and then use two arrow keys to toggle through the designs you have saved. The downside is that once you do this to the item, you can never recover it as a regular item.

The new void storage system also works for items that have no function, like the Hollowed Helm, Midsummer Set, etc... allowing you to toggle through them. I don't really think allowing people to use "fun" sets is a bad thing, but if Blizzard just can't live with a guy in a pumpkin head raiding a boss, then make it so transmogs in which the original item carried no stats also disables the stats on the item until replaced with another transmog of an item that did carry stats. Thus freeing up our space but allowing us to load out the looks for RP reasons on occasion.

I'd like more storage space in any form, more bank slots, storing transmog items not as items but as Grocalis said as "Have it/Don't have it", saves a lot of space over stashing stuff in the bank, saving complete sets as transmog presets (Got complete T1? Then we'll set T1-set to "Have it" and delete the 8 seperate items), or tabard-tab (1.5 row in my main's main bank area is tabards that are hard/impossible to get back), vendors of "purely for transmog"-versions of quest-items (A lot of storage for me goes into stashing cool quest-rewards that, being quest rewards, aren't easily gotten back once vendored), basically anything to help me keep those old cool-looking items somehow accessible.