10+ Year Old Account

Dead server or Active server???

This might be the stupidest question but here it goes anyway...I'm thinking of leveling my hunter but its on a dead server. So my question for you hunters is would there be any benefit for leveling my hunter on the dead server as apposed to the active one? Just leveling aspect. Are there coveted pets that I should try to get before I leave? The hunter is already level 85 if that changes anything.

No CRZ will screw you on the dead server and active server. The only difference is that you'll pay much more gold at the ah on the dead server due to lack of supply and demand while the active server will sell your ah junk more easily and price should be lowers (unless some object is uber rare)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    No CRZ will screw you on the dead server and active server. The only difference is that you'll pay much more gold at the ah on the dead server due to lack of supply and demand while the active server will sell your ah junk more easily and price should be lowers (unless some object is uber rare)
    CRZ is not active 85-90 (or rather it;s not active in Pandaria)

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    CRZ is not active 85-90 (or rather it;s not active in Pandaria)
    He asked about coveted pets, it doesn't mean coveted PANDARIAN pets it could be any pet thus my CRZ comment. However 85-90 active server or not unless its pvp server doesn't change that much.

Even on a low populated server right now, there would still be issues farming pets because of xrealm related stuff: Your best bet is to camp regardless if you want a specific pet. It's a bit faster to level on a higher populated server, but we have other issues.

I know here on Illidan, random server crashes (actually at the start of MOP every time Galleon spawned it meant a crash) can happen. We also had to deal with horribly long queue login times for a while.

On the positive side: There is always something to do and somewhere to pug if needed. It's also a bit easier on the wallet in some areas, and harsher in others.

Guilds:

Positive: There are a ton of guilds here so you can always look around for something that suits your needs. We have entire guilds focused solely on PVP and ratings, leveling, semi-hardcore, hardcore, casual and social guilds. Another great factor is being able to find guilds that raid specifically on weekends, mornings or general off-times.

The downside to this is that guilds are formed and dissipate extremely fast because of the high population rate. I myself, have watched a few guilds I was in completely dissipate because of random factors (not grabbing enough players, people discontinuing to raid, others moving on to better guilds, people not showing up to raids, etc...). Many can view players as very expendable (well because on a server like this, they are).

This also amounts to a lot of cutthroat competition.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-19 at 02:02 AM.

Personally I'm playing on a really dead server with no CRZ servers (it's a RPPvP server and there are no other RPPvP servers in our battlegroup sooo...) and it's great in the sense that you encounter a lot of rares which equals more experience. You can also find treasures if you're lucky.

If you have any gathering professions it's great as well.
    But as the others have mentioned: The AH's are usually bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of xfering to my new server an just going from there. I forgot about the CRZ thing which would make rare spawn hunting a pain regardless. Thanks for reminding me about that.

I'd vote on the transfer before leveling option, but that might be because I like high pop servers way more.