Deleted

Addon existence question

Is there any addon with which you can track the SrS uptime on any mob/boss? For example in Stone Guards, if I apply SrS in more than one quilen, can I with any addon detect the SrS in the other 2 quilens?

Btw it's worth wasting 1-2 GCD to do this, right?

SrS does more damage/focus than Arcane Shot, so you definitely want to use it whenever possible.

So far as addons go, I'd look at Raven. There are others, but Raven is what I like right now. It's highly configurable, but takes some time to learn.

Weak Auras can do this if you set it up aura the right way. ForteXorcist will do it as well.

forteXorcist will do this, and it's what I use on all my DoT classes where I multi-DoT.

You can always use Tidyplates and enable your debuffs (and screen out silly ones you don't want, like the Glaive toss slow) and track it that way, but I can't do that (and doing it on an spriest is a nightmare, imo) because nameplates keep moving and the icons can be small or covered, etc. I like the plain bar still of fX.

Deleted
    I happen to see it Via TidyPlates like eschatological said above. It's good enough for the fights I prefer to use Survival on (such as Stone Guards), give it a try.

Deleted
    I use tidyplates. As a hunter in a situation where you have so many targets that they become too clustered, you're multishotting anyway.

But tidyplates for single target multidotters is hell with anything more than 3-4 enemies ^^

Deleted
    Thanks for the (quick) answers! I'll try them all and I'll see what suits me more. For the time I found myself fine with forteXorcist (after I disabled some options :P ) but I'll give the rest a try also.

Just remember on SG, the Quilen that are tanked by themselves take 90% reduced damage. SrS on them wouldn't be worth the GCD. Just keep it up on the active energy-gaining ones. Don't mean to repeat information you might already know, but your OP seems to indicate you intend to keep it up on 3 Quilen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You can always use Tidyplates and enable your debuffs (and screen out silly ones you don't want, like the Glaive toss slow)
    And how exactly do you do that? I went under the "Buffs & Debuffs" pane in the options, added My Glaive Toss, but it still shows it.. thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2013-01-19 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    And how exactly do you do that? I went under the "Buffs & Debuffs" pane in the options, added My Glaive Toss, but it still shows it.. thoughts?
    You have options on what to show. Type 'Serpent Sting' into the Whitelist and select 'Whitelist (mine only)' from the dropdown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You have options on what to show. Type 'Serpent Sting' into the Whitelist and select 'Whitelist (mine only)' from the dropdown.
    Yeah, I managed, the dropdown option is called "specific auras" though. Thanks.