Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,239

    PTR Class Balance, Patch 5.2 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, SWTOR Patch 1.7, GW2 in 2013

    1.0.7 PTR Patch Notes, Patch 1.0.7 Now Available on PTR

    Please don't attempt to enter the contest here, as your entry will not be counted.

    Patch 5.2 PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • New Ret 4pc reads in totality (i.e. there is no mention of Templar's Verdict): "Your Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous have a X% chance to cause your next Divine Storm to also strike its primary target with a Lightning Bolt for Y Nature damage." Y is about a Templar's Verdict.
    • Obviously, I meant +50% Flash of Light not Flash Heal. Those spells are tooootaly different.
    • Sword of Light now reads +30% Word of Glory and +100% Flash of Light. We wanted to reward Flash of Light more, because it's harder and riskier to use.
    • For Divine Storm, several years ago, we got on this kick that thou shalt not use AE in single target fights. Ret paladins (Divine Storm) and warriors (Whirlwind) were particularly affected (and perhaps bummed out by it). The game has changed a lot since that time and now we have cleaving Arcane Barrage and core abilities like Howling Blast. We think the Ret toolkit is in a better place with separate single-target and AE finishers, but we get requests all the time to make Divine Storm more prominent. This set bonus is one way to do that. We also saw some complaints about yet another set bonus affecting TV, and thought maybe we could play with DS. We also saw complaints that TV randomly doing more damage would be frustrating. The new bonus allows you to take advantage of a proc to increase your damage. We could change the proc to Holy damage, but we would have to nerf it to account for the 2pc and Inquisition.
    • For Blinding Light, we don't think it changes much that it's used at the end of a CC chain. It's still trickier to get off a cast time spell. You have to stop moving and risk interruption. Yes, you may use it defensively less often, but the net result will still be less being CC'd by a Holy paladin. No, the CC target can't stop the cast time, but we balance PvP around group play. During MoP development, we wanted to make sure paladins had more offensive pressure. Holy ended up getting plenty with higher nuke damage and access to Repentance. With the recent changes to shaman, Holy paladins are the most dominant healer in high-end PvP. We think this change along with the set piece bonus change will help bring that down a little.

    Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • We're changing the Enhance 2pc from 3 charges on Unleashed Weapon to 1 charge on all Shocks.
    • For the Enhance 2pc, we're going to try Storm Strike gives you 2 charges on Maelstrom Weapon, for the reasons mentioned.

    Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Our current though on Solace is that it will provide damage and healing for both Disc and Holy. So Holy could use it for some Atonement-like healing, as could Disc, but Disc won't double dip and shouldn't feel like it's mandatory. That could change (all of this could change) as we try it out and iterate more.
    • Khendra, we have no objection to using Prayer of Healing when you need to heal a bunch of people. That's what it's for. But when you're using Prayer of Healing in Preparation for future damage because DA and SS make your AE heal better at shielding than actual Power Word: Shield, then that even further reduces your options. (In 10s, Disc tends to use Atonement more, so they're doing something more than just PoH spam. In 25s, we see some Atonement use, but it's fit in when possible and healers in 25s are just always going to be able to specialize more.)
    • We might in the future add another AE heal for Disc (I think you can make a compelling argument that in this day and age, healers need a variety of interesting AE heals and maybe only a couple of ST heals, while healer design for years went in the opposite direction) but that's not the sort of thing we want to drop on you in the middle of an expansion. In the meantime, if Disc uses Penance and PW:Shield some more (and Flash Heal in PvP) and doesn't trounce all the other healers, we will be satisfied and hopefully so will priests.

    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • The 2pc bonus does not affect Crimson Tempest, because Crimson Tempest’s duration does not scale with combo points.
    • As previously mentioned, we chose 80% as the damage for Shuriken Toss, as that made it balanced with white attacks, to offset the Dual Wield miss penalty and glancing. However, that neglected to consider that it also triggers poisons more often due to not missing 19% of the time. So we’re lowering its damage slightly, to 75%. That’s intentionally under-compensating, so that the extra poison procs are still a gain, rather than just neutral. Additionally, to make absolutely clear that you do not want to run out, Shuriken Toss, and run back in, to get the Shuriken auto attacks, we’re making the auto attack override end when you get back in melee range.

    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • We are changing the 4pc Frost / Unholy set bonus from Army of the Dead to Killing Machine and Sudden Doom proc more often. We don't have numbers yet and it's possible they won't work out. In addition to all the concerns mentioned, it was a really valid point that Army of the Dead is hard to use in Raid Finder, where most of our players experience raids. You rarely get countdowns before a pull and players in general are used to yelling at DKs who use Army because they had a bad experience at some point with the ghoul taunt.

    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • For PvP, we're considering just making the Cyclone duration buff the bonus for all druid specs. We'd likely just give Feral cheaper interrupts (their current glove bonus) baseline.

    Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - January 14
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Creatures
    • Various Hozen rare spawns can now be slain appropriately.
    • Kor'kron Flak Cannons will now appropriately deal damage to Alliance players over Dominance Point. Attacking the cannon will no longer flag players for PvP.

    Quests
    • Fixed an issue where some players were unable obtain the quest "The Bell Speaks" to progress in the Shieldwall quest chain. Achievement credit for "In Search of Harmony" will be corrected in a future patch.

    Bug Fixes
    • Players will no longer sometimes become stuck in the Battle for Gilneas.

    Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flying Mounts Feedback
    We pretty firmly believe the questing experience is just wholly better when you can't lift off and set down wherever you like, frog leaping from quest objective to quest objective. Certainly we've supported that with no flying for the leveling content of Wrath and Mists, and only after you hit level cap can you obtain the ability to fly. The new zone coming in 5.2 is not unlike the Isle of Quel'Danas in a few ways, and one of them is that there's no flying. That helps us achieve that desire for progressive questing, it's good for supporting world PvP, as well as lets us make really difficult outdoor encounters, like Oondasta - who is OG Kazzak in difficulty - that you can't just drop on top of from the sky.

    I can't imagine flying mounts ever going away, they're a big part of the game at this point, but certainly they can take a break when it makes sense and we can present content in a more intimate way from time to time. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    Mists of Pandaria and Casual Players
    I prefer dedicating, let's say, one day to grind one faction, by doing dungeon runs, grinding mobs, maybe doing some dailies, and then be off with it (for example I blasted from friendly to exalted with Skettis in less than 2 days)
    Have you considered the sole fact you can't do that is one of the reasons you've got something to do for longer rather than be done with everything in a single day and the complain for the next 3 weeks there's nothing to do?

    This is a classic response. "We're reading what you're saying, but we're not listening because this is what we're doing and we don't care."
    You're implying we should listen to all kinds of hyperboles. There's a BIG difference between feedback and hyperboles. If we based the feedback we passed to the devs on them (and for some reason our developers suddenly became individuals without any judgment capabilities) then the game would be in a real ugly place, to be honest.

    It's fine if you don't like something. It's fine if you hate it with burning passion. It's not fine when you go on to ignore every other aspect of the game, reduce everything it offers to the absolute minimum, and then demand we act based on such a silly premise.

    Can you honestly say you enjoy dailies? I sure as hell can't. Well, for a few days after I hit 90, they were refreshing and enjoyable. Thereafter they were a grind, a bore, an extremely poor design and a wasted effort.
    I do. I enjoy them, I find them useful to do something outside my daily dungeon/raid routine. I've only stopped running them once I've hit exalted with all Pandaria factions to instead run scenarios, old raids and PVP.

    Do you fear repute? Does your pride stop you from even attempting to admit that there's something even slightly wrong?
    I'm noone to judge if there's something wrong with the amount of daily quests. I'm not a developer. I can understand, however, how a player might feel he's got to climb a huge mountain when you just reach level 90 and realize all the reputations you've got to go through.

    But the thing is, now that all content is unlocked (unlike at MoP's launch), you can really progress at your leisure.

    I'm sure many players, like myself, would be a lot more satisfied if we got a response that was understanding of our concerns and hatred for daily quests and acknowledged that we want an alternative.
    There's plenty of alternative activities. The issue here, I fear, is that you want the rewards tied to daily quests without doing daily quests. I would like to have Heroic raiding gear rewards without doing Heroic raiding every day, but hey, I understand that wouldn't be healthy for the game.

    Being an altoholic casual player my only complain about the dailies is that you have to them several times if you want to experience some casual end-game with a few alts.
    Honest question: Isn't a better option for some casual end-game to run LFR with your alts? You'll get a shot at gear every week rather than having to go through those faction items.

    Even if you are a paying customer they really dont care what you say about this topic, they think the solution to Cata problems are dailys times 25 a day.
    Oh, please. The solution to Cataclysm problems, if you look at what's been added since then (4.0), is:
    -Pet Battles, Scenarios, Raid Finder, Daily quest reputations, Item Upgrades, The Tillers farm (and how you can use it for Cooking), Brawlers Guild, Black Market Auction House, World Bosses.

    It's just not objective to go and argue that everything that's been added it's dailies.

    And saying that LFR is so easy it is not when you need ilvl463 to get in the first one. so you need to do dailys to get gear that gets you up to the ilvl or ofc buy gear at 20-30k gold a piece.
    So just leave the topic.

    LFR requires you to have ilvl460, which you can get by completing all the Dread Wastes quests, some Townlong Steppes rewards, and if you're still lacking gear for some reason: heroics/scenarios. You don't need to dailies to get in.

    The problem with dailies is their structure. If you missed one set of dailies for whatever reason, then suddenly you're a behind. Your goal is a day further away from you and there's nothing you can do. This easily starts to mount up and it can eventually get to the point where you have missed so much rep that you just give in, because even though you're just seven days from exalted, you've still got to do the same old dailies that you've been doing for the past few months and it gets boring.
    This isn't really true though. If you're 7 days away from reaching exalted, and you miss one day of dailies, you won't be at 8 days from exalted, you'll remain at 7. You're not losing anything. It's just up to you if you want to finish those 7 days in a single week, once every week, once every month...

    Sure, I can see how people who had only one character would be bored by the Cataclysm model, contrary to people with many alts. But the MoP model of content is going way too much in the other direction, with alts being heavily discouraged by all the chores Blizz is pushing on us.

    And it would really be to the good for the dialogue between fans and developers, if the Blizz reps here would stop being deliberately obtuse. "But you don't have to do all of this!" is not a valid comment in a game which relies so heavily on keeping players in the progression spiral ( with casuals like me being at the very low end of progression, but still feeling the need to make their character(s) better ).

    When there's so much content to do with your main, do you truly need an army of alts at the same level your main is right now? at this very moment? I can't quite wrap my head around the argument of being a casual and at the same time arguing you need to have a bunch of alts at the very same level your main is.

    No, we are not forced to do these dailies to be able to casually raid, however, it's damn hard to know that you have potential rewards within reach limited only by time-input, no actual effort aside from the time spent, and say 'Oh well, we got our behinds handed to us by this enrage, but it's ok, we're not as commited as those other guys doing dailies, so we'll just be content wiping since we don't have time (or even want) to do those daily quests.
    Unless you're at your maximum skill level you're going to get a much bigger return from working on how well you play your character than picking a new item for him. Unless you're just massively undergeared (which you can fix by getting gear from an ample pool that is just not limited to dailies).

    However, there are tons of things to discover in Mists if you go out and explore. The devs has places all sorts of cool and interesting treasures out in the world. I've had some great times just flying and riding around in Pandaria exploring.
    So true.

    Sure go ahead and lie but please try not to make it that obvious.
    If you find them useful and enjoyable, you must be flying around in orgrimmar/stormwind waiting for something to happen because that's the only thing i know is worse than questing.
    And how dare you defend the content??? We both know it's crap and the one who created it deserves to hear it.


    Sorry but you can't call me a liar because you don't like my opinion. If you don't like questing, that's all fine (in fact, there's plenty of players out there that don't like having to level when a new expansion is launched), but you can't pretend your opinion is an universal, undisputable truth and everyone else is just a liar. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    Patch 5.2 Release Date
    More interestingly, what do you think would be a good date to launch 5.2?

    Do you think the majority of players are already “finished” with the current content? Where do you think most players stand in terms of PvE and PvP progress right now?
    What rules do you think we should follow when deciding to launch new content?
    Should it be a fixed linear time cycle? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    Players Leaving Dungeons
    Getting a 30 min deserter debuff doesn't stop them, what makes you think they wont just AFK or teleport out of the dungeon instead?

    Which means you will be stuck for 5 min, without a tank and no chance of replacing him.

    This sums it up pretty well. Bottom line is we can’t force players to do things they don’t want to do, and why would we want to do that anyway? It’s a game; you should only do what entertains you.

    Before anyone changes the topic to “yeah but we’re forced to do dailies”, I do understand that the game sometimes requires players to do things that they might not enjoy so much in order to be able to reach some things that they do.

    Ideally I would like to see every aspect of the game to be as entertaining as possible to every single player, but there are 2 problems with that:

    - One, everyone is different, different tastes turn this into an impossible task.
    - Second, whenever you create different types of content, there will be people that will choose the content that seems to follow the path of least resistance towards an objective (example: gear).

    So if you have two paths to gear, one fun, one tedious, if tedious is somewhat faster or easier than the fun path, some people will still take that route even if it goes completely against their preferences.

    The trick here would be to make every kind of content that shares a similar objective to take the exact same amount of time and effort, now, not only that is highly utopic as sometimes players like the objective but don’t like the path, so they will take that path anyway to reach the objective that they do enjoy. The only solution to that would be something highly uninteresting and dull, which is make every path present the player with a choice from all the objectives that exist. But then everyone would only play and experience a very small portion of the game.

    Personal experience: memorable things almost never derive from something that is fast and easy. That’s why players have so fond memories of vanilla, it took them ages to get gear from something like Naxx, and that in return, brings us feeling of value and worth to those moments, but I remember very clearly how frustrating it was for some players to be wiping for weeks/months and farm mats/gold for consumables for several hours every single day.

    I’m sure that wasn’t the most entertaining experience for a lot of people, but it was for others. That allowed them to reach the objective they wanted, which was to kill an extremely hard boss and get his precious loot.

    The game is always evolving and we keep trying to make the “paths” as entertaining as they can possibly be, but I don’t think there is a design that will fit with every single player’s tastes. For example, there are some that actually enjoyed that nonstop farming and wiping even then, and this is not just due to nostalgia, they did enjoy it during that time.

    TL;DR - Wouldn't work. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    SWTOR Patch 1.7 Coming Soon
    Patch 1.7 is coming soon, bringing a reputation system and new recurring event! Be sure to keep an eye on DarthHater and our SWTOR forum for more SWTOR news.


    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old Republic™, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.

    • Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!
    • Advance your character with the new Galactic Reputation system! The Galactic Reputation system lets you earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. This new system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character’s Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy!



    Guild Wars 2 in the Months Ahead
    Guild Wars 2 has now sold over three million copies since launch! They also posted a long blog post today about what to expect in the first half of 2013. If you are interested in more frequent GW2 news, see Guild Wars 2 Guru and our GW2 Forum!


    General
    • New and improved world events, based off of the things learned from the previous ones.
    • Tokens for achievements that you can turn in to select from a list of rewards, such as Ascended gear and Infusions.
    • Completion of a subgroup of daily achievements to get credit.
    • No new tier between Ascended and Legendary in 2013.
    • New guild rewards, missions, and tools.

    WvW
    • Paid server transfers, with time limitations and WvW restrictions, and guesting ability, which allows players to visit friends on other servers in every part of the game except for WvW.
    • A system of prestige and advancement for WvW, giving players a progression path where they earn new WvW-only abilities and bonuses, and with them gain prestige and visible titles/recognition.
    • More short term reasons to be winning in WvW.
    • Fixes for culling.

    PvP
    • Better PvP matching, allowing players to be matched against people with a similar skill level.
    • Observer mode for PvP, custom arenas, leaderboards, and more tournaments and prizes.
    • Improved LFG, new player experience, and other fixes.

  2. #2
    What an exciting news post

  3. #3
    For me, I like the Windsteed, but i think Blizz could have been done it better. For the first look it is the son of a goat and a horse. But I think it look coller then the older buyable mounts, like spectral horse, winged guardien etc!

  4. #4

    Sweet:)

    Nice nice Cool stuff <33

  5. #5
    worst store pet if you ask me

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Darthvador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    80
    I think this mount look cool

  7. #7
    interesting stuff

  8. #8
    Can we get back so we can se haw manny boss down in LFR.
    Hate to kill same boss manny time

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,028
    I fancy i flying horse : O
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  10. #10
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,839
    Moderator Note:

    As it says at the top of this page, this is NOT the thread to post in for a chance at the mount. Reply to the thread on the front page that now has over 1000 replies.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  11. #11
    I dont want to buy it and generous MMO-champ is giving 4 away. Its great xD

  12. #12
    They lowered Shuriken Toss from 80% to 75%, the complaining about rogues pulling 50k dps on a dummy (clearly pvp geared) with just Shuriken will surely stop now

  13. #13
    /headdesk, so many people on this forum obviously can't read, or are to lazy to read.

    Must say I love the AOTD logic "people QQ about bad DK's so we made the ability not have any combination with a set bonus anymore, because we want less QQ" >_>

  14. #14
    saw this mount today, its special is to stand up on his back legs and making full 360 degree rotate (while doing somekind of dance)

  15. #15
    good looking mount

  16. #16
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,292
    Holy mother a lot of "keyboard turner" posters here wasting their time.

    On to the actual post! The way in which Blizzard is side stepping the issue on daily quests is becoming absurd, whether they like it or not, a 10% increase to gear acquisition rate will inevitably make people feel like they have to run dailies.

    Oh and can please move on from what does and does not count as "forced content" it's so fucking obscure you could argue that you're not even forced to level past 1, you're not forced to ever move your character are you? It's pointless to debate it since you can twist it any way you want.

    What does count is what is expected of you and the sad truth is that it is expected that you have your coin rolls ready for new content in any moderately serious raiding environment, always will be until they change something big. Like the 10% chance, for it to be seen as something that is not expected the chance needs to be at most 1%.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  17. #17
    for the love of god people >_> READ THE MOD POST IN THIS TOPIC.

    Guess I should expect as much from the WoW community..

    On topic:"

    Have you considered the sole fact you can't do that is one of the reasons you've got something to do for longer rather than be done with everything in a single day and the complain for the next 3 weeks there's nothing to do?

    Is it just me, or does that make no sense at all.. or is blizzard assuming that everyone will complain no matter the reason?

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Elmow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    724
    Lol at all the people with 1 post posting here, still in the wrong topic

  19. #19
    Keyboard Turner ekligube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4
    It´s a pretty cool mount.

  20. #20
    4pc ret sounds awful to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •