Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whooooooooooooooaaaaaa....I didn't know I wasn't the only one who did this lol.

Granted, I've only been doing it with pets. Since the pet battles hit, I found that I have several copies of over 100 freaking pets (I collected pets on all my chars lol). So I would randomly start coming up with goofy stories, and mailing pets to people. I'm sure some of them were quite rare (I actually think I sent someone a Hyacinth Macaw once lol), but I didn't care, I just wanted to be rid of them! I still have two characters I had to make just for storage, for all the pets I've yet to get rid of. I thought about leveling them and trying to sell them...but where's the fun in that? :-) Several people have sent me thank you notes, some even sent me gold or some paltry items (or pets I didn't have!), most never said anything. One guy returned the pet and said he already had three of them lol. I think I've fired off about 40 or 50 pets so far. I haven't logged in for at least 2 months now, I may have to log in and send some more pets out after reading this :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember selling battle pets to a friend and writing a detailed letter on how to properly take care of each one, trying to be funny in the process.

Deleted
    Reminds me of something I did a couple christmases ago, I made a worgen alt called SantaPaws, dressed him in the santa hat and outfit and bought some Blue BoE items from the auction house, random ones. Then I went in search of level appropriate people who would be able to use the item as a temporary upgrade, traded them in the items, said "merry christmas" and then rode away.

Deleted
    I actually made a poem made of achivementnames back in cata in a random hc, one of the players said "Dude, you're just like Eminem! :O"
    Was hilarious!
    Gotta find the screenshots later today.

Deleted
    I used to send a single arrow (after unlimited ammo) to people I found worthy. It could be people who I had done dungeons, group quests or PvP with.

Would like to see more people doing this

Deleted

Tried this, will be interesting to see if i get a guy with some humor or one that goes "wtf?" on the hook
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-17 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Good to see there are still people out there like this, i might try it myself aswell since i have plenty of stuff i dont use but can make a good laugh for me and hopefully someone else too

Wow, I can't believe so many people enjoyed my idea

Thank you guys for posting your own versions of my game! I'm going to do more today, screenshots will follow. Unfortunately I didn't get any responses yet
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Wow, I can't believe so many people enjoyed my idea

Thank you guys for posting your own versions of my game! I'm going to do more today, screenshots will follow. Unfortunately I didn't get any responses yet
    Im looking forward to some responses , gonna start it myself tomorrow too, i might look if some people from the past still remember me and maybe get a good talk with them aswell, and some strangers would be fun too.

Do similar stuff, especially when I'm taking a long break from WoW. I'm a hoarder of anything that has a use so my mailboxes are always filled. Didn't feel like dealing with all that stuff last time so I just sent it all to friends along with some $.

I also have a weird thing about shirts I make. I'll randomly open trade and give people rich purple shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the day my mage guildie randomly sent me a stack of grey quality "turtle shell" and when I inquired what the heck they were doing in my mailbox he mumbled something about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Unfortunately he hadn't made up a good story to type into the mail. :P

for this only, i started up WoW
    bought some bread. any innkeeper sells it.

and said in mail

i thought you could use a good meal.
    have some bread.

have a nice day

to 5 different ppl

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Whooooooooooooooaaaaaa....I didn't know I wasn't the only one who did this lol.

Granted, I've only been doing it with pets. Since the pet battles hit, I found that I have several copies of over 100 freaking pets (I collected pets on all my chars lol). So I would randomly start coming up with goofy stories, and mailing pets to people. I'm sure some of them were quite rare (I actually think I sent someone a Hyacinth Macaw once lol), but I didn't care, I just wanted to be rid of them! I still have two characters I had to make just for storage, for all the pets I've yet to get rid of. I thought about leveling them and trying to sell them...but where's the fun in that? :-) Several people have sent me thank you notes, some even sent me gold or some paltry items (or pets I didn't have!), most never said anything. One guy returned the pet and said he already had three of them lol. I think I've fired off about 40 or 50 pets so far. I haven't logged in for at least 2 months now, I may have to log in and send some more pets out after reading this :-)
    I do this with pets Send them little comic notices about taking care of them, Having been a pet collector on 3toons since TBC, I, like yourself had a ton of duplicates I've had alot of funny responses back, But weirdly some pretty nasty ones too lol, Ah well, all is fun=D

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love your idea. I just now after seeing the post logged on and sent around a flower(Dreaming Glory) and wrote them a little "poem". It feels nice to light up people's day. And hopefully, I will get a reply saying thanks and whatnot.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    for this only, i started up WoW
    bought some bread. any innkeeper sells it.

and said in mail

i thought you could use a good meal.
    have some bread.

have a nice day

to 5 different ppl
    Were they all female blood elves? just teasing.

I love that this thread is still going, I'll post my letters after I find some people to send them to.

Deleted
    Here is one mail I sent if people are intrested

http://imgur.com/AnOFs

Deleted
    This is a really great idea and i've actually done similiar things before. I have one suggestion thought - We should call ourselves something and then put it in our mails. After a while we might get famous. :P