Thread: rogue PVP sub

Deleted

rogue PVP sub

HI,i made this thread to ask you few questions.
    1)glyphs:i personally think Glyph of Blind;Glyph of Expose Armor and Glyph of Cheap Shot are better than any combinations.What do you think?
    2)preparation or shadowstep?
    3)Can any1 give us a rotation(i know that there isn`t a fix rotation but few suggestions would be nice)
    4)Can any1 give me a macro for blind;gouge;kick;kidney shot for sth like this:if focus exists cast spell on focus.If focus doesn`t exist cast on target.Why?because a normal cast on focus macro requires 2 times more key bindings and the risk to do sth wrong is higher
    5)any addons suggestions?
    6)As sub do i have to keep slice and dice up all the time ?cuz some ppl told me that slice and dice isn`t so important on sub
    7)Do you use power auras?If yes for what spells
    Thx for reading this and for your help.
    P.S:i got few things figured out as a noob rogue but few suggestions from a pro won`t hurt

i now play combat for pvp. ( making the most of blade flurry burst) thought i used to use hemo glyph and keep the hemo dot on for the dog buff. used rupture aswell and used eviscerate when enemy had low health. as for slice and dice i used when i had dots aup.

glyphs from there are really play style preference.
    addons i use are bartender for bar customization and easy key binds. gladiatorlosSA for spell shouts though it can got annoying in bgs.
    tidy plates to see your debuffs and colour of enemy class. healers have to dimacros e. slice admiral for combo point and buff hud. also reflex for bg/arena win/lose rate. battleground targets, is a must.

the must for pvp is keybinding all your used abilities, for example 1-6 for offensive, alt 2-6 for offensive.
    macros can be very handy. and feel like a must for me. id macro shadow dance with shadow blades for additional burst.

hope this gives you some insight and a step in the right direction. remember Google can be your friend.

ps excuse the bad grammar etc as my phone didn't like typing on this site. let us know how you go. =]

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by altayr View Post
    HI,i made this thread to ask you few questions.
    1)glyphs:i personally think Glyph of Blind;Glyph of Expose Armor and Glyph of Cheap Shot are better than any combinations.What do you think?
    2)preparation or shadowstep?
    3)Can any1 give us a rotation(i know that there isn`t a fix rotation but few suggestions would be nice)
    4)Can any1 give me a macro for blind;gouge;kick;kidney shot for sth like this:if focus exists cast spell on focus.If focus doesn`t exist cast on target.Why?because a normal cast on focus macro requires 2 times more key bindings and the risk to do sth wrong is higher
    5)any addons suggestions?
    6)As sub do i have to keep slice and dice up all the time ?cuz some ppl told me that slice and dice isn`t so important on sub
    7)Do you use power auras?If yes for what spells
    Thx for reading this and for your help.
    P.S:i got few things figured out as a noob rogue but few suggestions from a pro won`t hurt
    1) Glyphs:
    Cheap Shot
    Garrote
    Blind

2) Shadowstep

3) Premeditation, Slice n Dice on 2 points, open with Garrote or Cheap Shot depending on target. Rest is pretty situational, just try to maintain Slice and either Garrote or Rupture bleed. Don't just spam Backstab and Hemo or that leaves you without energy for cc when it's sometimes most needed, so don't be afraid to pool energy if you need to.

4) Macros:

Focus Blind
    /cast [target=focus] Blind
    Focus Cheap Shot
    /cast [target=focus] Cheap Shot
    Focus Dismantle
    /cast [target=focus] Dismantle
    Focus Gouge
    /cast [target=focus] Gouge
    Focus Kick
    /cast [target=focus] Kick
    Focus Sap
    /cast [target=focus] Sap

Focus Shadowstep Kick
    /castsequence [target=focus] reset=24 Shadowstep, Kick

Focus Redirect Kidney
    /castsequence [@focus] reset=20 Redirect, Kidney Shot

Spammable Sap (for searching for stealthed or just trying to get a random sap off)
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast Sap

Friendly Shadowstep (change name to whoever you're partying with, usually your healer)
    /cast [target=affirmative] Shadowstep

You can choose to use shift or alt modifier macros to save button space if you prefer, for example:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Blind; Blind

just change the name of the spell for other moves (aka gouge, kick, etc)

5) Tidyplates is generally the only one you really need to play properly in PvP. Gladius is popular too. I find it best to play with minimal addons though.

6) I prefer to keep Slice up, it's really easy to with Shuriken Toss and most of our damage does in fact come from white hits.

7) Nope

Good luck and happy Rogueing
    Last edited by Alfirin; 2013-01-16 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Thx for all.I also found few intresting macros:for focus=kick;focus kidney;focus blind you need a lot of binds so i found this macro:
    This can be used for all the spells from above making it easyer to cast on both focus and target.How it works?If you got focus it will cast on focus.But what if i want to cast on target?well you need another macro for focus on mouseover and bind it with middle mouse(i think it`s best bind for this).You fastly press middle mouse wherever you want and the focus will disapear casting your spell on target.Still looking for slice and dice power auras thing

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:00 PM ----------

damm i can`t post the macro...it`s sth like if focus exists cast on focus if not cast on target

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    6. All the time, not necessarily. But I do find it important to have Slice and Dice up for when I'm trying to pressure someone because of the extra energy regen.

I have found that garrote is not nearly as strong as it has been in some previous tiers, but is still quite good.

Versus any team with a warrior (or double melee), I've been glyphing cloak.

I've also liked the feint glyph, but I run elusiveness. Clearly not the answer if you run combat readiness as most rogues do.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    damm i can`t post the macro...it`s sth like if focus exists cast on focus if not cast on target
    That's generally a bad idea, due to the sometimes hectic nature of PvP and you're switching both focus targets and regular targets, you could use the skill on the wrong player. If you want something like that I'd recommend a shift modifier macro like I posted above.

For example my Kick is set to G, but there's a shift modifier added so when I shift+G it'll Kick my focus. much more reliable than just kicking whoever your focus target is, because there's always times you'll want to kick your regular target instead and that would require dropping your focus target entirely.

Deleted
    Yea i kinda used to do the same thing(the shift thing) but if you use a mouseover macro(on middle mouse i suggest) it`s actually very easy to cancel your focus and use it on target

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea i kinda used to do the same thing(the shift thing) but if you use a mouseover macro(on middle mouse i suggest) it`s actually very easy to cancel your focus and use it on target
    Why take the time to mouseover, hit the focus key, then hit the ability, when you could just hit a modifier+keybind to do the job?

Whatever floats your boat I guess, but that's going to get sloppy in higher level play

Edit: In addition in arena its wise to bind /focus1 /focus2 /focus3 to flip through your focus targets. Wayyyy quicker than wasting .5 / 1 sec trying to set up focus with a mouseover

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I have found that garrote is not nearly as strong as it has been in some previous tiers, but is still quite good.
    I just keep it on for SV.

My latest tactic in crowds has been to Pre>SnD, CS>Gar>Am (I take Subterfuge, and Glyph of CS) then Vanish, run a ways away and Shuriken them to death.

Heres a mouseover blind macro for you, its saved my ass Many a time:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Blind
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

why dont u just change your glyphs before the game actually starts if we talk about arenas? when i face teams with hard melees i swap from garrote to cloak of shadows , aswell if are plenty casters that wanna take the piss out of me kite me to oblivion i pick deadly throw it might help every non and then depends of the enemy team lineup to change talents / glyphs , won quite a few just for the extra survive from the cloak of shadows glyph vs melees and so on

1. I use Expose Armor, Garrote, and Stealth as major glyphs. Hemo, blurred speed and poisons for minor.

2. Shadowstep. Prep will be baseline come 5.2.

3. Stealth > Garrote > SnD > Hemo > Backstab if youre using it i personally dont > keep rupture up using 2-3 cps. Eviscerate as your main finisher.

4. i dont use macros for these personally.

5. SliceAdmiral or Slice Commander. is really the only rogue addon i use. I add in pvp sounds so when someone is about to die, I get the Unreal Tournament voice that says "Finish Him", "killing spree" "multi kill" etc.

6. Yes. At one point too it also gave back 2 energy every second but that seems to have been taken away now??? Can someone elaborate on this for me cause im curious.

7. I dont.

Hope that helps.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel