Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm aware there's fun stuff in quests and dialog. But only where it fits. You can have a dragon like Deathwing fly over Badlands and have 3 characters tell a funny story without ruining the moment of Deathwing's death. The dragon aspects weren't standing around joking when Deathwing attacked Wyrmresdt temple. It was still a serious moment. Comedy is as much a part of life as death and tragedy. A fantsy universe totally devoid of that wouldn't feel realistic.
    A world where I'm surrounded by self-destructive goblins, Jamaican trolls and people with Tomb of Sargeras -syndrome from level one doesn't see for me as a really down-to-earth one and it really is a factor which overshadows even Deathwing himself.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Lorewise, you were not. In the story you were cooperating for pretty much the first time in TBC. They do need to push the conflict, otherwise what about BGs? They need a reason behind the battlegrounds. If you're somewhat allied you won't be competing for new land or anything of the sort. Your posts about the seriousness of WoW has nothing to do with this.
    let's look at vanilla:

    WSG - the warsong clan got in a conflict with the sentinels of ashenvale. the horde sent help to the warsong clan, the alliance sent support to the sentinels. BG without direct open war.

    it's like the cold war. the US and the USSR sending help to their allies' wars without getting in direct war themselves.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 10:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    A world where I'm surrounded by self-destructive goblins, Jamaican trolls and people with Tomb of Sargeras -syndrome from level one doesn't see for me as a really down-to-earth one and it really is a factor which overshadows even Deathwing himself.
    why? there are self-destructive people and jamaicans in real life. is real life not serious as well?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  3. #43
    BGs do have their reasons, it still doesn't mean there wasn't any before them. That's why you're not confused when stepping into your first battleground.

    In TBC we were under Naarus' and Shattrath's banners: playable faction -stories are developed and given basis in WPvP content.

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why? there are self-destructive people and jamaicans in real life. is real life not serious as well?
    Are those a big part of your life like they are in WoW? Was your post serious?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    Are those a big part of your life like they are in WoW? Was your post serious?
    are fireballs and dragons a big part of your life?

    my post was pretty serious. just because something is different from your reality doesn't mean it's a joke. there are self-destructive people everywhere. and I'd bet almost everybody has a jamaican accent in jamaica.

    poop quests are jokes. troll accent and goblin behavior are not.

    (sometimes goblin behavior is used to drive jokes, but that's because watching people getting screwed is funny).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    are fireballs and dragons a big part of your life?

    my post was pretty serious. just because something is different from your reality doesn't mean it's a joke. there are self-destructive people everywhere. and I'd bet almost everybody has a jamaican accent in jamaica.

    poop quests are jokes. troll accent and goblin behavior are not.

    (sometimes goblin behavior is used to drive jokes, but that's because watching people getting screwed is funny).
    Not even a post-modernist would call this mess of real-life analogs a serious game. There's just not enough consistency through the journey when running back and forth with jokes.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    Not even a post-modernist would call this mess of real-life analogs a serious game. There's just not enough consistency through the journey when running back and forth with jokes.
    I make jokes all the time, my friends make jokes all the time, we are quite silly people. is real life not serious?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I make jokes all the time, my friends make jokes all the time.
    No you don't.'

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    yeah, you do know me pretty well to be able to say for sure what I and my friends do all the time, don't you? lol
    'Like you were making any point with your anecdotal babbling to begin with...
    Last edited by Kasami; 2013-01-16 at 02:45 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    No you don't.
    yeah, you do know me pretty well to be able to say for sure what I and my friends do all the time, don't you? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,894
    Blah blah blah upsets the alliance and the horde, something something explosion.
    "THIS EXPANSION WE REALLY WANT IT TO BE ABOUT THE HORDE AND ALLIANCE CONFLICT", Blizzard will say, for the millionth time.
    Someone does X, so X does X, hey look, a new battleground! Nothing much changes.

    Nothing changes because the story is about as deep as a kiddy pool, and Blizzard has themselves mentally locked in this prepubescent red vs blue ideology of the horde and alliance. "WE ALL HATE EACH OTHER, UNTIL WE GO INTO A RAID TO FIGHT SOMETHING TOGETHER THEN WE ALL KILL EACH OTHER AGAIN LOLOLOLOL"

  10. #50
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Lore in WoW has never been serious.

    Also, why does someone have to be insane for there to be conflict? It's such a simplistic viewpoint; the most compelling conflicts are those between people of legitimate interests. It takes a sophisticated mind to accept that there may be two rights.
    Because that's been Blizzard's mindset since . . . Vanilla.

    BC? Kael'thas went insane.
    Wrath? Arthas went insane (technically this was in WCIII)
    Cata? Deathwing went insane.
    MoP? Garrosh goes insane.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  11. #51
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,488
    Removal of flying mounts...
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "Putting war in to warcraft" means quest where you kill NPCs of the opposite faction and mandatory dailies that force people to PvP.
    Well there hasn't been any mandatory dailys so far so why would they add them later on? Psssh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Because that's been Blizzard's mindset since . . . Vanilla.

    BC? Kael'thas went insane.
    Wrath? Arthas went insane (technically this was in WCIII)
    Cata? Deathwing went insane.
    MoP? Garrosh goes insane.
    Exactly! I don't get why people hold Blizzard up on this crazy high pedestal of storytelling.

    Basically, that's what they do. They repeat the same stuff over and over, and it's not just in Warcraft :x

    Take a popular story or type of story or some such. Add pop culture references sprinkled here and there. Be as unoriginal as humanly possible. Maybe throw a fart joke or something somewhere or another. Maybe just one! Name someone after a celebrity, but replace letters of their name. BAM! Blizzard Seal of Approval! Rinse, repeat! Blizzard isn't the only one guilty of this, sure. But they're one of the few that get massively high praise for it :x Don't even get me started on their originality when it comes to actual games themselves! (I sound hateful! But I love WoW! I just don't much care for Blizzard.)

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Removal of flying mounts...
    Won't affect it, People being lazy affects WPvP, nothing else
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Won't affect it, People being lazy affects WPvP, nothing else
    I'd say that that whole "path of less resistance" thing they say in the blue posts all the time is more of a part of it. There's very little reason to WPVP, outside of it being fun to you, and, from what I can tell, most players aren't really playing this game so much to have "fun" in the general sense. If they'd just come up with a way to make World PVP worth doing, and actually earn you compelling rewards (like, freaking make level 90 people drop a couple of Conquest points or something or maybe make faction leaders drop 500 Conquest over the cap or something, I don't know)

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I'd say that that whole "path of less resistance" thing they say in the blue posts all the time is more of a part of it. There's very little reason to WPVP, outside of it being fun to you, and, from what I can tell, most players aren't really playing this game so much to have "fun" in the general sense. If they'd just come up with a way to make World PVP worth doing, and actually earn you compelling rewards (like, freaking make level 90 people drop a couple of Conquest points or something or maybe make faction leaders drop 500 Conquest over the cap or something, I don't know)
    It being fun for you should be the only thing that draws you in anyway, It's all it ever has been, there shouldn't be rewards or incentives, i only want to WPvP against others who want too as it makes it much more enjoyable to me^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  17. #57
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,905
    I hope nothing. I'm tired of the meaningless Faction squabbling. I want a REAL enemy like the Legion again. <_<

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    It being fun for you should be the only thing that draws you in anyway, It's all it ever has been, there shouldn't be rewards or incentives, i only want to WPvP against others who want too as it makes it much more enjoyable to me^_^
    the people who gank my lowbies on that accursed PvP realm I play on once in a blue moon beg to differ.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire Wollveren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "Putting war in to warcraft" means quest where you kill NPCs of the opposite faction and mandatory dailies that force people to PvP.
    Wow another fool. NO DAILIES ARE NOT mandatory, and nor is PVP. You don't like dailies? Don't do them! You don't like PvP? Go to a PvE Server! A bunch of idiots start complaining about things as if they have a gun to their head and forced to do it. Why do you always have to blame Blizzard, I personally enjoy dailies, I feel like I always have something to do (which was an issue towards the end of catac) which is not Dungeons/raids or Bg's/arenas.
    Thank you Greekissexy for the amazing signature!
    "Death comes to us all. Press me again, and you shall find yours"

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the people who gank my lowbies on that accursed PvP realm I play on once in a blue moon beg to differ.
    Well i would assume that to them, it is also fun, like WPvP is to me, There is also, no reward from it, And they probably find it enjoyable too, I will kill Lowbies too, I won't camp them, but i won't leave them alive, Unless they are a fellow druid, then they normally get a free pass, Druids Code and all that:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •