Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mage] What is going on here? Lei Shi

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/uqxxc...?s=1044&e=1363

Top US parse for Lei Shi normal, but if you look @ damage, this guy never used scorch, and only barraged the typical 3 times for alter time and kill shot. Is he just getting shithouse lucky for missile procs, or what is the deal? Is there any way to improve missile procs that I am not aware of? I am ranked in the top 40 on this fight, but scorch was very much a part of my damage due to not getting procs. Any ideas?

He's using a strategy with Invocation where you simply Evocate whenever your mana looks a little low and you don't have any missile procs, you probably should have noticed the lack of Rune of Power buff :P
    Give me a second and I'll dig up the exact rotation, there was a discussion on it not that long ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    He is playing Haste + Invocation and was refreshing his Charges with Explosion when necessary while keeping his mana up with single Evocation ticks. It's the illegitimate child of patch 5.1 while Mastery+Scorch is Brangelina's recently adopted baby.

Yea i just realized and came here to remove this. I would like to know exactly how the mana is being managed though. Seems he holds the top US rank on H Vizier too -.- Shame on me for not trying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever your mana drops to 70-ish% you just activate Evoc for a single tick.

I feel like this is what's going to get 5.2's PTR Invocation nerfed to be back to its boring 4-6s cast

That, or it'll be heavily nerfed for Arcane only, which would be the smarter strategy.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Does that means he's not getting the buff from Invocation since he only ticks it once?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc not, when the time comes you need to refresh Invoker's Energy.

Remember Evocating doesn't remove the buff, you can pop a single tick several times during the duration of Incanter's Energy before you need to channel a full evocate to refresh the buff to full duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Remember Evocating doesn't remove the buff, you can pop a single tick several times during the duration of Incanter's Energy before you need to channel a full evocate to refresh the buff to full duration.
    So is his rotation/playstyle detailed anywhere? What exactly is going on, just pop a tick @ 70% and AB/AM until then I guess, then refresh when invoc falls?, never AB except AT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. It's been discussed in detail a couple of pages ago in the Arcane guide thread, but I didn't include the details in the last revision of the guide.

Deleted
    Missed that discussion, sounds interesting, might try that. But with how much 6 stack camping costs, doesn't he have to evocate (well, that one tick) a hell of a lot? I only see 18 Evos in that log. Is that tactic only possible with a Haste-build, as he has (9k Haste vs 3k Mastery)? A Mastery-heavy build would benefit more from the mastery damage bonus, but would probably run out of mana faster and have to spend much more time evocating?

10+ Year Old Account
    When the buff is about to expire you can burn down to 20-ish% mana and the Evo tops you back. On average you will require zero to one instaticks per cycle, max 2. It's quite fluid and flexible.

Deleted
    Is this also the way to go in 5.2 as it looks now? If so i probably am going to try it tonight

Deleted
    The way Blizzard nerfs unintended gameplay (what the hell did they actually intend?! "mana managment" but every way we find to manage mana they nerf because it's not what they intended) they might just nerf this as well. The key to this is the instant 15% mana reg so they might just nerf that, would be my guess.

How do you differentiate the evo tap at 70% from say, someone who burns the full buff? Is it the evo count? Anyway, I tried doing it like this, but without the raid haste buff, and at 30% haste, my first tick of evo only takes me to 89% from 70. I've tried closer, like around 80%, but it just feels clunky to me.

I compared his log to my latest Lei Shei. I burn the full buff, spending AM when they happen, and evo to full at 15-20%.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7297&e=7699

His log shows an 18 count of evo, with 33 ticks total. Mine shows a 9 count of evo with 33 ticks total, each tick about 1500 mana less than his. He had replenish mana in his raid, and I didn't for that fight. That is probably where the difference is.
    Last edited by Malfecto; 2013-01-16 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check how many times he got the Invoker's Energy buff, that's how many times he fully completed Evocation. The rest are just single our double ticks.

Deleted
    Tried that today ... LOVED it. I do normal damage or better and I feel far more mobile. Goodbye fucking Rune.

Deleted
    Do you have logs from that entity? and could you explain gems/reforge and playstyle? How many tick did you get and your haste/mastery values?

Deleted
    do you have to make a stopcast macro to interupt the evocation?