Thread: I love dailies

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is nothing wrong with the concept of dailies

The problem with dailies is that almost all of them are Kill X collect Y with no interesting twists to them. Making it boring as fucking shit.

That's the problem with dailies. It's boring, simple to do, and blizz can pass it off as 3 months worth of content

pfft

I dont mind daylies, its when its nothing but daylies its getting very booring and tiring.

I afterall had above 5k daylies done before MOP, so I did my share off them. But now with all factions being daylies it just sucks hard. I want propor grinds back.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind dailies. I just wish there was some sort of diminishing returns on some of them. First couple of times you do the daily you have to kill/collect the whole amount. After the fourth or fifth time, the amount you need is reduced by 10-15%. And this would repeat until the amount you need is reduced down to a quarter of where the daily started.

Dailies are a piss poor way to gate content. They are the cheapest and lowest form of content you can add to a game and their sole purpose is a massive time sink. They fucking suck. Whoever thought they'd base an entire expansion on them should be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do like hem and i do them whenever i feel like doing it, i like having to work tog et something

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Dailies are a piss poor way to gate content. They are the cheapest and lowest form of content you can add to a game and their sole purpose is a massive time sink. They fucking suck. Whoever thought they'd base an entire expansion on them should be fired.
    Those dailies are a way for people who CAN NOT RAID to get gear comparable to that of normal mode raiders via a long grind (due to the daily nature, 'long' is emphazied over 'grind').
    They were NEVER intended to supplement hardcore raiders' gear, but of course you can count on hardcores to use every system they can get their hands on, intended for them or not.

If people weren't so spoiled from the free epics in WotLK and Cata, they might actually appreciate that there is an alternative way to gear up (which in effect is vanity only, as you won't ever really NEED that gear unless you are raiding).

I think the best dailies are Dark Skies (from Klaxxi) and the wall race from Golden Lotus, yeah that's right 2 out of the hundreds in the game are the only good ones, the reason why is because they are what I think daily quests should be, they shouldn't be the same garbage you do when leveling from 1-90 (99% of which are kill X, loot X) I've already done the objectives of 100% of the daily quests while I was leveling my character

Dailies in MoP are really fun. I enjoy it a lot. I don't know why people complain about it. It doesn't take that much time to complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i do like hem and i do them whenever i feel like doing it, i like having to work tog et something
    This is exactly what I mean, sometimes you have to work really hard and long for something to get a rewarding feeling out of it. So yeah ^^

I used to merely dislike dailies. They are the lowest common denominator of content but i wanted to actually spend my valor points as well as wanting the various crafting patterns. So i jumped through the hoops. Even tho they laughably gated daily quests behind daily quests i stuck it out. Then 5.1 came along. Big shock that yet another faction full of dailies came out with it. I though my luck was in as they did not seem to have any crafting pattens on them this time.

This is when my dislike turned to utter contempt. Unbelievably they had gated the actual story line of the expansion behind these daily quests. Not only that but new scenarios as well. I can only assume 5.3 will continue the trend. I don't like the way they are going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarqon View Post
    Dailies, most of you hate them, some of you don't. I am one of those people who doesn't hate them, and I'll explain you why! Remember what we've been doing the past few years on wow? raiding? pvp? heroics? no, what most of us have been doing is: Flying around in orgrimmar or stormwind waiting for the queue to pop up, or just flying around for hours and hours for the sake of playing wow. Sure you could do older content or something similar to it, but most people didn't and as I recall the vast majority was screaming for something to do besides raiding and pvp. The vast majority was screaming for old school like content to come back, so that's what blizzard did.

They gave us the endless dailies we were screaming for to come back, and all people do right now is complain. At least we aren't stuck in orgrimmar and stormwind anymore, and isn't that what blizzard intentions were? They tried getting us out there doing something, exploring, wpvp and so much more. since we are forced (not actually) to do other stuff we are being kept busy so that what we get is quality content. If blizzard would remove all of it again, people would be screaming for something do. If you consider flying around in a city fun, I recommend you playing a free game and stop wasting money.

Are dailies the best fill up for flying around capital cities? No, but that's the reason why blizzard left us more options to choose from.

I hope you get what my point of view is and start to appreciate what this company is doing day in day out just to please us.
    I wasn't complaining. Also, now instead of sitting in Org I sit on my farm. I'm exalted with all factions, have been for over a month. Now I'm back to sitting, I just moved to a different spot. Yay?

If they ever base an entire expansion on dailies, that would be bad. Good thing they don't do that.
    I like dailies. I find them relaxing. I do them in moderation.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

I don't care for dailies. That is not to say I want them all removed from the game, as there are people who do care for them. I just wish the things I wanted to do did not hinge so much on them. I hit a brick wall after running my two looking for raids because I lack the ilevel to get to the next set but I've already cleaned out heroics. If I have bad luck with drops in LFR, which I do, than that leaves dailies as my only other path to progression. Blowing precious valors on 4 item level points to a gear of your choice is stupid when you could be replacing that 463 piece of loot with a 489 something when trying to hit that 470 average item level raid requirement. The extra raid drop tokens have also become obligatory as without them, I never see anything but a fail bag drop into my inventory after killing a raid boss. Maybe I would mind them less if they all awarded the 250 rep standard instead of like... 100 rep each. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    If they ever base an entire expansion on dailies, that would be bad. Good thing they don't do that.
    I like dailies. I find them relaxing. I do them in moderation.
    Really? So far we're 100% dailies for this expansion. 5.0 = Dailies. 5.1 = Dailies. 5.2 = MORE DAILIES!

3 new raids say hi.

2 new world bosses say hi.

2 new BGs say hi.

World PVP says hi.

Exploring Pandaria says hi.

Treasure Hunting says hi.

Easier levelling professions says hi.

Archaeology says hi.

Rare Elite hunting says hi.

Scenarios say hi.

Dungeons say hi.

Soloing old content because they made it so nearly all can do it now without having to form a raid group as well say hi.

Finishing Questlines you haven't finished yet say hi.

Pet Battles say hi.

Tillers say hi.

Shall I go on?

Okay, you say they're garbage content.

They're one aspect of an entire expansion of fun stuff to do.

Apparently your hate for Dailies and "grind", although Blizzard is working to fix it, blinds you to every other aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    3 new raids say hi.

2 new world bosses say hi.

2 new BGs say hi.

World PVP says hi.

Exploring Pandaria says hi.

Treasure Hunting says hi.

Easier levelling professions says hi.

Archaeology says hi.

Rare Elite hunting says hi.

Scenarios say hi.

Dungeons say hi.

Soloing old content because they made it so nearly all can do it now without having to form a raid group as well say hi.

Finishing Questlines you haven't finished yet say hi.

Pet Battles say hi.

Tillers say hi.

Shall I go on?

Okay, you say they're garbage content.

They're one aspect of an entire expansion of fun stuff to do.

Apparently your hate for Dailies and "grind", although Blizzard is working to fix it, blinds you to every other aspect of the game.
    Raid = Expected content. Nothing new.
    World bosses = Old content. Nothing new.
    BGs = Old content. Nothing new.
    World PvP = Old content. Nothing new.
    Exploring = Old content. Nothing new.
    Treasure hunting = Where is this treasure hunt you're talking about? You mean collecting stuff for achievements? In that case, old content, nothing new.
    Leveling professions = Easier how? Because they mats required to level are a lot less? Who cares? Leveling professions wasn't hard before. Don't see how this impacts anything at all.
    Archaeology = Old content. Nothing new.
    Rare elite hunting = Old content. Nothing new.
    Scenarios = New content.
    Dungeons = Expected content. Nothing new.
    Soloing old content = Old content. Nothing new.
    Finishing quests = Old content. Nothing new (Loremaster "says hi")
    Pet battles = New content.
    Tillers farming = New content.

So of your big old list, 3 of them are new stuff. All the others are stuff already in game or expected with a new expansion. So yeah..not so much, good try though.

MOST people BEFORE the last 2 years were busy running heroics. MANY heroics. Many DIFFERENT heroics. You know why? Because THERE WERE MANY DIFFERENT HEROICS.

Cataclysm gave us about half the heroics of tbc/wotlk because the world revamp. It made sense for that to be the case because the old world revamp was a huge but necessary undertaking. MoP had absolutely no excuse whatsoever to give us the shitty roster of heroics it does. And what's the excuse for this? That they replaced new heroics with some instanced quests and DAILIES...lots and lots of dailies.

This expansion they've effectively gone against their philosophy for this game for the past 4 years. WotLK and Cataclysm went out of their way to reduce/remove the grind/feeling of grindiness from the game. Out comes MoP and makes the feel grindier than tBC. I know tBC WAS grindier BUT Blizzard hadn't set a precedence for less grind before it unlike for MoP.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-16 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Raid = Expected content. Nothing new.
    World bosses = Old content. Nothing new.
    BGs = Old content. Nothing new.
    World PvP = Old content. Nothing new.
    Exploring = Old content. Nothing new.
    Treasure hunting = Where is this treasure hunt you're talking about? You mean collecting stuff for achievements? In that case, old content, nothing new.
    Leveling professions = Easier how? Because they mats required to level are a lot less? Who cares? Leveling professions wasn't hard before. Don't see how this impacts anything at all.
    Archaeology = Old content. Nothing new.
    Rare elite hunting = Old content. Nothing new.
    Scenarios = New content.
    Dungeons = Expected content. Nothing new.
    Soloing old content = Old content. Nothing new.
    Finishing quests = Old content. Nothing new (Loremaster "says hi")
    Pet battles = New content.
    Tillers farming = New content.

So of your big old list, 3 of them are new stuff. All the others are stuff already in game or expected with a new expansion. So yeah..not so much, good try though.
    Why would they change so much stuff? It's the same system they've had the player base enjoys.

Raids, BGs, Dungeons, Scenarios, PVP, etc.

Those 3 things they added that are new the playerbase is actually insanely consumed by, along with with the fact they've outspoken that they enjoy them, and there's an insane amount of content for this expansion as a whole, even if there isn't that much "new" stuff like Pet Battles, tillers, etc added to the game.

Not just that, but players are actually complaining they have so much to do they don't want 5.2 to release too soon.

So please. Instead of saying "Oh this is Old, it does nothing" look at the content as a whole, not for what's the newest innovation added to the game or what's part of an old system that works and the players, aka the majority compared to you lot looking down on it, enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why would they change so much stuff? It's the same system they've had the player base enjoys.

Raids, BGs, Dungeons, Scenarios, PVP, etc.

Those 3 things they added that are new the playerbase is actually insanely consumed by, along with with the fact they've outspoken that they enjoy them, and there's an insane amount of content for this expansion as a whole, even if there isn't that much "new" stuff like Pet Battles, tillers, etc added to the game.

Not just that, but players are actually complaining they have so much to do they don't want 5.2 to release too soon.

So please. Instead of saying "Oh this is Old, it does nothing" look at the content as a whole, not for what's the newest innovation added to the game or what's part of an old system that works and the players, aka the majority compared to you lot looking down on it, enjoy.
    You brought them up to respond to a statement that dailies are the focus of this expansion. You stated that is not true because of all your examples. I stated your statement was invalid because all the things you listed are not anything new, they are expected content in every tier of WoW. And most of the stuff (archaeology, outdoor pvp, etc) just involved adding another level on top of what was already done meaning a very small amount of work if any.

On a whole, yes, there is slightly more to do (the three examples I listed) than previous expansions, however, dailies are still the focus of this entire expansion so far in 5.0, 5.1 and looking like 5.2 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarqon View Post
    They gave us the endless dailies we were screaming for to come back
    We? I don't remember ever asking for dailies.