[RET] question about Sanctified Wrath

Dear Holy Knights,

I just started to raiding with my alt paladin and I would like to ask a question from those who are pro with retribution paladins.

So here is this talent, Sanctified Wrath. I think it supposed to change my rotation like this: HP builder, Hammer of Wrath, HP builder, Hammer of Wrath, etc, and if I am at 4, 5 or 6 holy powers after a Hammer of Wrath I should burn the holy powers then hammer of wrath again.
    In a nutshell: Hammer of Wrath must be used on every second GCD while Avenging Wrath is active?

My question is that is this correct in every situations? Or is there a haste cap from which it is more effective to use Hammer only on every third GCD? And what is the case with wings during bloodlust?

I have zero set pieces but I think that with 4 pieces bonus Sanctified Wrath will be much better than the other 2 talents and it'll be the best choice on nearly every fights is that correct?

Another simple question: is it more effective with Sanctified Wrath (so 30 sec on wings and angel) pop both angel and wings on the same time (in this order, so Angel kaboom at the end can benefit from wings) or is it better to wait for full buff from angel before wings?

10+ Year Old Account
    I always blow wings and GoAK together, since their durations line up and building up Ancient Power takes all of 4 seconds.

Remember your priority order...HoW is near the top of our priority rotation, so it should really be used as much as possible during wings. Should hold true for during Bloodlust, too, since lust effectively lowers the CD for all of our HP generation abilities.
    Your rotation would look something like HoW -> Exo -> HoW -> CS -> HoW -> Judge -> TV -> HoW -> CS -> HoW -> TV -> HoW -> Exo -> HoW -> TV ... rinse/repeat

As you said, a HoW between every other spell is ideal for Wings with Sanctified Wrath. Granted you have the gear and in turn the massive amount of haste you should be stacking. With heroic dungeon gear and LFR gear you might have a bit more breathing space especially if you're not gemming pure haste. With reg raid gear and haste gemming it does get a bit hectic trying to nail the "rotation" when bloodlust is going on or if you have a big haste buff. But it's manageable once you get used to it.

They nerfed the 4pc bonus a while back and last I heard all the talents are pretty close but I personally still take Sanctified Wrath for that talent tier.

If you take Sanctified Wrath you ideally want to macro it with Guardian of Ancient Kings to reap the full benefit of both cooldowns.
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-01-16 at 01:01 PM.

Yeah use HoW as much as possible while not capping HP
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Of course I know that I should use as much Hammer as possible, because it is our best holy power builder. My question was that if I have too much haste I think it won't be true that 2×global cooldown =< Hammer cooldown, so I press Hammer, something else, then I'll have to wait for Hammer CD (of course just a little, like 0.3-0.4 sec or so).
    My main question that is this situation possible and if it is, should I use something else instead of waiting for hammer CD?

Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    Of course I know that I should use as much Hammer as possible, because it is our best holy power builder. My question was that if I have too much haste I think it won't be true that 2×global cooldown =< Hammer cooldown, so I press Hammer, something else, then I'll have to wait for Hammer CD (of course just a little, like 0.3-0.4 sec or so).
    My main question that is this situation possible and if it is, should I use something else instead of waiting for hammer CD?
    Don't delay Hammer of Wrath. It just looks like it has a longer cooldown but it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste reduces the GCD too, so until you reach 50% haste there shouldn't be any delay between abilities caused by the GCD (except for the level 90 talents, which don't have their GCD reduced by haste).

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Haste reduces the GCD too, so until you reach 50% haste there shouldn't be any delay between abilities caused by the GCD (except for the level 90 talents, which don't have their GCD reduced by haste).
    I'm pretty sure the only exception is Holy Prism, but I could be wrong. I would really like to see Execution Sentence and Light's Hammer's GCD affected too though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    I always blow wings and GoAK together, since their durations line up and building up Ancient Power takes all of 4 seconds.

Remember your priority order...HoW is near the top of our priority rotation, so it should really be used as much as possible during wings. Should hold true for during Bloodlust, too, since lust effectively lowers the CD for all of our HP generation abilities.
    Your rotation would look something like HoW -> Exo -> HoW -> CS -> HoW -> Judge -> TV -> HoW -> CS -> HoW -> TV -> HoW -> Exo -> HoW -> TV ... rinse/repeat
    So when is it a good idea to use TV at 3 HP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So when is it a good idea to use TV at 3 HP?
    Only use TV at 3 or 4 HoPo when all of your HoPo builders are on CD, unless you're under the effects of Holy Avenger.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Only use TV at 3 or 4 HoPo when all of your HoPo builders are on CD, unless you're under the effects of Holy Avenger.
    At 4HoPo you should use TV even with Sanctified Wrath if your 4th HoPo came from HoW. If you don't do that this'll be the problem:

1. HoW - 4 HoPo
    2. other builder - 5 HoPo
    3. here you shoud use HoW for max efficiency but then you will lose a HoPo. Or if you use here TV then you miss a HoW

I think this is more efficient:

1. HoW - 4 HoPo
    2. TV - 1 HoPo
    3. HoW - 2 HoPo
    4. other builder - 3 HoPo
    5. HoW 4 HoPo
    6. TV - 1 HoPo
    etc...

So basically if you use avenging wrath witch sanctified wrath at 0, 2 or 4 HoPo you'll TV at 5 HoPo but if you use AW at 1 or 3 HoPo the you'll TV at 4 HoPo because this is the only way you could use HoW on every other GCD.
    Last edited by torin856; 2013-01-16 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    At 4HoPo you should use TV even with Sanctified Wrath if your 4th HoPo came from HoW. If you don't do that this'll be the problem:

1. HoW - 4 HoPo
    2. other builder - 5 HoPo
    3. here you shoud use HoW for max efficiency but then you will lose a HoPo. Or if you use here TV then you miss a HoW

I think this is more efficient:

1. HoW - 4 HoPo
    2. TV - 1 HoPo
    3. HoW - 2 HoPo
    4. other builder - 3 HoPo
    5. HoW 4 HoPo
    6. TV - 1 HoPo
    etc...

So basically if you use avenging wrath witch sanctified wrath at 0, 2 or 4 HoPo you'll TV at 5 HoPo but if you use AW at 1 or 3 HoPo the you'll TV at 4 HoPo because this is the only way you could use HoW on every other GCD.
    Good call! You're definitely right about that.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.