Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

good/evil in this game is a matter of perception.....

Ok so we always consider that we are on the side of good in this game yes, fighting to prevent the world being destroyed yada yada yada....however have you ever considered how other races might see us?

Take the murlocs! to them we are deathwing! many times over! we come there and kill them by the hundreds...slaughter the young etc etc simply to take some fins for a deranged villager somewhere who wants to sow a murloc fin blanket for his horse.............same with the boars, there is a legend among goretusks of a dark man.....a man who comes and rips your liver from your body stuffing it in his bag dripping of blood!

so yes good/evil? just perception I think. I know what titan is going to be as well........a new mmo still set in azeroth but from the point of view of the critters/low level mobs, and WE will be the evil power. :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh, maybe not a brand new mmo based on that idea... But sure, why not a scenario or something were you play a brave Kobold trying to reclaim your long lost candle?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by venziir View Post
    eh, maybe not a brand new mmo based on that idea... But sure, why not a scenario or something were you play a brave kobold trying to reclaim your long lost candle?
    thats another one! Genocide thats all it is! Lives for candles......oh the kobaldanity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Ok so we always consider that we are on the side of good in this game yes
    Doesn't the game manual say Alliance and Horde are all about shades of gray?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    is murloc genocide a shade of grey to you? do you have no soul!
    Alrighty.
    Last edited by mmoc560053bb87; 2013-01-16 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post

is murloc genocide a shade of grey to you? do you have no soul!

Deleted
    We need a third pure evil faction :

Scourge . leaded by Arthas.

Races:

Skeletons
    Vrykuls
    Undeads/Zombies
    Gargoyles
    Nerubs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Races:

Skeletons
    Vrykuls
    Undeads/Zombies
    Gargoyles
    Nerubs
    Fail.. Vrykul are not undead. They are the race humans decent from...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yeah, but there are many undead Vrykul and in WtLK most of the Vrykul joined the scourge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Races:

Skeletons
    Vrykuls
    Undeads/Zombies
    Gargoyles
    Nerubs
    You can also add Darkfallens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Scourge is not all undead .. but i can let go your mistake .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    About fifty, I believe.

@thread: We do these things because the questgiver explains us how those Murlocs endanger the entire forest if we don't stop them.
    Still not immersed? Roleplay this: You are unconditionally loyal to your kingdom and the citizens who need your help

15+ Year Old Account
    i´m a warlock, i very aware on what side i am, you´d call it the not "so good" side i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

WoW appears to have a somewhat realistic morality setting. Its more like we fight for our faction's interest which is characterized accordingly by our allies. So is the Horde happiness the bane of the Alliance and vise-versa.
    Everything is a matter of perspective indeed, like the rivalry between Old Gods, Titans and Sargeras, where it is about Chaos, Order and all in between. Yet nothing is about black and white, only grey.

Well that's exactly what WoW is all about, really. So many times we see people believing so strongly that they are on the side of good, that they are doing the right thing, only to become the very same evil they fight against. Kael'thas, Arthas, Sargeras, Ner'zhul, Garrosh, Sylvanas... I could go on.

So it makes sense that the same theme is explored in even the most basic of quests. We're so sure we're doing the right thing, slaughtering the evil monsters, and yet... Maybe we're not? Who knows.

But yeah that's what WoW is all about. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i´m a warlock, i very aware on what side i am, you´d call it the not "so good" side i guess
    Warlocks are not necessarily villains, just like Paladins cannot always be considered heroes. "Classes" are either means or ends of an individual, not his/her overall outline.

eg. My Warlock is about the chaos, pleasure, freedom and power his abilities offer him, but he is generally grey in morality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Warlocks are not necessarily villains, just like Paladins cannot always be considered heroes. "Classes" are either means or ends of an individual, not his/her overall outline.

eg. My Warlock is about the chaos, pleasure, freedom and power his abilities offer him, but he is generally grey in morality.
    grey in morality would be considered not so good i guess *g* but good to know there are other out not quite like me, i kill things for fun, i laugh everytime i sacrifice my pet, i more than once wiped my raid prepull out of pure fun, some might say i bring the laughter in slaughter
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    That point is the main reason I like WoW lore. It isn't your typical "good guy smash bad guy" type of simple story. It is much more complex than that, in that it take into account multiple viewpoints and perspectives. In that respect it is much more realistic in a sense; the real world is exactly like that, very very few absolutes and so many shades of grey. I love the fact that neither faction can honestly claim to be the "Good" faction or the "Bad" faction, they each have been both at various points, and they exist as a gestalt of the individual moralities/ethics of their members.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

grey in morality would be considered not so good i guess *g* but good to know there are other out not quite like me, i kill things for fun, i laugh everytime i sacrifice my pet, i more than once wiped my raid prepull out of pure fun, some might say i bring the laughter in slaughter
    Its more like I considered myself capable of channeling and understanding the secrets of the Nether/Void, while my baseline personality is about cherishing what matters and freedom admiration. More like your typical Chaotic Neutral as it would be referred to in some RPGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Its more like I considered myself capable of channeling and understanding the secrets of the Nether/Void, while my baseline personality is about cherishing what matters and freedom admiration. More like your typical Chaotic Neutral as it would be referred to in some RPGs.
    hm maybe i´m a little different because of being undead

hm maybe i´m a little different because of being undead
    How could you figure out that I was not an Undead myself? In fact, I'm a Blood Elf.

The backbone of Warcraft's lore is moral relativism. We often see multiple points of view all villainizing the other, and it's done with a very specific approach that is intended to get people arguing over who is wrong and who is right.

Even the most evil of evils, the Old Gods and the Burning Crusade, have a point of view that what they are doing is in some way justified.

This stuff is designed to stir your inner tribalism, but people get carried away with it.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW