Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357

    Getting to know you

    Within the rules of the forum - and I currently see none that could prohibit this - I would like to play a simple game. Ask a poster (as in, they have posted in this thread) something about them philosophically, culturally or intellectually you are interested in. For example, as a Briton who moved to America people may want to know how/why. Avoiding banned forum posts, let's make this thread to ask pressing questions!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  2. #2
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,565
    Moved to fun stuff. It's more fitting here and you'll probably get more activity.

    So the premise of the game is to ask a question of any poster in the thread and not just the above poster? (For me it's only you I guess )

    So, why did you move to America and how are you liking your life in America compared to your life in Britain?

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Moved to fun stuff. It's more fitting here and you'll probably get more activity.

    So the premise of the game is to ask a question of any poster in the thread and not just the above poster? (For me it's only you I guess )

    So, why did you move to America and how are you liking your life in America compared to your life in Britain?
    I really like a lot of things - certain items are cheaper, there's really good lemonade, fried chicken and biscuits, college football and I adore my friends here. I own a beautiful house and have great pets!

    Them's the rules! The only other person right now is you, Anakso. What makes you so fascinated in Korean (I think) girls given you're in sunny Australia?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  4. #4
    Very well, Anakso. Explain to me the sorcery of the Australian shoe industry. Is it magnets? Is that's what's keeping you from falling off ze side?


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  5. #5
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I really like a lot of things - certain items are cheaper, there's really good lemonade, fried chicken and biscuits, college football and I adore my friends here. I own a beautiful house and have great pets!

    Them's the rules! The only other person right now is you, Anakso. What makes you so fascinated in Korean (I think) girls given you're in sunny Australia?
    Yes, they're Korean

    It's not just the girls though, K-pop in general is my addiction. My favourite group is girls though hence the sig and avatar
    Can't really explain why, there's just so much about it. It's not even just the music but the variety shows, some variety shows probably had me laughing more consistently than any in English comedy I've ever seen xD

    Hard to find short scenes on youtube but here is one random example I youtubed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atkj6NFbew4
    (Note: Only two of them are in my sig)

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Very well, Anakso. Explain to me the sorcery of the Australian shoe industry. Is it magnets? Is that's what's keeping you from falling off ze side?
    It's actually the clothing industry. My clothes have a negative weight value meaning I float above the atmosphere and can walk safely on land.

    Nemi a question for you.
    Why are you so afraid of technology? Get a phone and other stuff! That way you can take photos of the pictures you draw

  6. #6
    The Patient Zelerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    339
    Zhangfei: How is the weather where you live. I'd like to know. Here its snowy and very cold. Im bundled up under 2 blankets just to stay warm. :3

    Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Zhangfei: How is the weather where you live. I'd like to know. Here its snowy and very cold. Im bundled up under 2 blankets just to stay warm. :3
    Poor Idaho lad! In South Carolina it's been 80 (unseasonably warm) for the past few days. A good friend from PA keeps complaining on Facebook that Southerners keep boasting about it!

    How big is Boise? I've always wondered because of the stereotypes of Idaho but know it can't be that small!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  8. #8
    The Patient Zelerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Poor Idaho lad! In South Carolina it's been 80 (unseasonably warm) for the past few days. A good friend from PA keeps complaining on Facebook that Southerners keep boasting about it!

    How big is Boise? I've always wondered because of the stereotypes of Idaho but know it can't be that small!
    Well since the late 80's early 90's a lot of californians came up here. We arent all potato farmers and it was prolly because of Bruce willis and Dimi moore. You see they moved from SO CA to Sun valley to have fun up in the mountains. Thats why we boomed so big for a bit. We're still growing. Most of our houses are in meridan. Not a lot of people move to the outskirts, but there is a lot more people in boise than there used to be.

    Anakso:
    Australia eh? So I hear you guys love to put shrimp on the barbie. Meaning Putting shrimp on the grill. How often do you grill? lol Just wondering.

    Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

  9. #9
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Anakso:
    Australia eh? So I hear you guys love to put shrimp on the barbie. Meaning Putting shrimp on the grill. How often do you grill? lol Just wondering.
    Me personally? Not often, almost never really. I've been to a few since I got here but am not actually Australian
    It's a very common and easy way to cook a lot of food for parties though. I've never actually seen Shrimp put on a BBQ but I'm sure some do it sometimes.

    What is Boise like? I know nothing about Boise or Idaho. Idaho sounds like a place that grows a lot of corn but I could be wrong.

  10. #10
    The Patient Zelerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Me personally? Not often, almost never really. I've been to a few since I got here but am not actually Australian
    It's a very common and easy way to cook a lot of food for parties though. I've never actually seen Shrimp put on a BBQ but I'm sure some do it sometimes.

    What is Boise like? I know nothing about Boise or Idaho. Idaho sounds like a place that grows a lot of corn but I could be wrong.
    Well I've seen some corn feilds out in Meridian but not a lot in Boise. We mostly grow Potatoes. Its boring, cold and dry. A majority of the time its okay during spring and fall. But Dry heat during the summer and bitter dry cold during the winter. Thats usually what its like here.

    Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Well I've seen some corn feilds out in Meridian but not a lot in Boise. We mostly grow Potatoes. Its boring, cold and dry. A majority of the time its okay during spring and fall. But Dry heat during the summer and bitter dry cold during the winter. Thats usually what its like here.
    Have you travelled much, and how would you compare life in Idaho to other places/areas?

  12. #12
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    For example, as a Briton who moved to America people may want to know how/why.
    What do you miss the most from home(besides family/friends, unless you are a loner ;P)?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  13. #13
    Field Marshal ashankt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    74
    @Jackmoves: How often do you have a smorgesboard? (Sorry if this is bad spelling)


    Sig by Shama <3
    Ashankt | Ashsmash | Finnley | Despondent | Gittus | Pandash | Panki

  14. #14
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ashankt View Post
    @Jackmoves: How often do you have a smorgesboard? (Sorry if this is bad spelling)
    Depends really, but in my family it has always been on special occasions such as school graduations, xmas etc. Xmas is the most obvious one though and most families have it on xmas eve. We call that Julbord(Yulebord) and that is as traditional at it comes, a lot of people will go out to resturants(a lot of resturants offer it during xmas season) for Julbord with mates/colleagues as well.

    Xmas is called Yule btw, we are still pagan as hell ;P

    How is Bristol btw?
    I don't know much about that area of England.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-15 at 11:15 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  15. #15
    The Patient Zelerena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Have you travelled much, and how would you compare life in Idaho to other places/areas?
    i've traveled quite a bit. I think i'd compare Idaho's cold and bitter winters to that of Rhode Island's Winter. But Their summers are compleatly different because of how much wetness is in the air in rhode island. Its because the entire state is surrounded by water. Idaho on the other hand is dry. But their winters are simular.

    I'd say Utah and Idaho are a lot alike. Since they are neighboring states.

    Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    What do you miss the most from home(besides family/friends, unless you are a loner ;P)?
    Hmm, good question. I miss the culture mostly - the UK isn't a sparkling jewel in the sky and has its own boatload of trash, but it is slightly more highbrow than America.

    What would you miss if you left Sweden?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    5,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post

    How is Bristol btw?
    I don't know much about that area of England.
    Bristol is amazing, I think the city has a population of about 130,000, but 50,000 of those are students at the two universities. Therefore its very much a student city, it has bars and pubs open everywhere all the time and is a great place to live. The city centre is even quite pretty and has a couple of cool attractions. I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 years in Bristol and would definitely consider living there permanently.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,227
    Directed at ashankt; I've seen a lot of people joke about England having hysterics when it starts snowing, is it true?

    One of the jokes for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Dq_aINJ9U

  19. #19
    What's Scotland like, Istaril?
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

  20. #20
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Bristol is amazing, I think the city has a population of about 130,000, but 50,000 of those are students at the two universities. Therefore its very much a student city, it has bars and pubs open everywhere all the time and is a great place to live. The city centre is even quite pretty and has a couple of cool attractions. I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 years in Bristol and would definitely consider living there permanently.
    Sounds like a pretty nice place, was it Bristol that got fire bombed in WW2 btw?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    What's Scotland like, Istaril?
    What is the best and worst thing about Texas Hastings?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •