Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    This should not come as a surprise to... well, anyone.
    Clearly he has done a good job of avoiding your corrupt posts.

And erro Arlee

10+ Year Old Account
    HAI ARLEEEE!! *waves frantically*

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Or more specifically posts of just picture(s)/youtube(s). If a post has no words it's not a good post because that's not chating.

Also, hello things
    Hai Dog of Thunder

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    College Algebra. Have to take it for some reason to qualify for the nursing program there, whereas the last college I went to didn't require math at all: You'd have to just show you could manipulate numbers without a calculator.
    Yeah, I knew it had to be a math or science course. There's always that one student that just doesn't get it and wastes the time of everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    College Algebra. Have to take it for some reason to qualify for the nursing program there, whereas the last college I went to didn't require math at all: You'd have to just show you could manipulate numbers without a calculator.
    That seems unusual. Maybe you'd have to use it to figure out dosage levels of drugs for patients depending on weight, height, age etc? it just seems very strange. Usually you'd just need basic Maths skills (like those you just described).

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:43 PM ----------

Hai Arlee-chan! She with the avatar of my eternal enemy Thorgi!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    HAI ARLEEEE!! *waves frantically*
    Hai!!!

Hey why is no one hardly ever in the IRC channel anymore?? I am often the only one there, it's lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Hai Dog of Thunder
    Hallo... watchout for Lolkitty... she's dangerous she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    That seems unusual. Maybe you'd have to use it to figure out dosage levels of drugs for patients depending on weight, height, age etc? it just seems very strange. Usually you'd just need basic Maths skills (like those you just described).
    Well, as a nurse you have to be able to calculate correct dosages for patients without using a calculator/computer, and be able to remember the different formulas depending on the drug in question and what form it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some things where you'd have to use formulas all under a square root. But I don't get why you couldn't use a calculator for purposes of the test. It's not like you aren't going to be able to use them on the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arlee I hate to say it to you, but you must be in the wrong IRC. There's loads of us online atm.....

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Hey why is no one hardly ever in the IRC channel anymore?? I am often the only one there, it's lonely
    I'm playing a game now, I don't want to be there when playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a nurse you have to be able to calculate correct dosages for patients without using a calculator/computer, and be able to remember the different formulas depending on the drug in question and what form it is.
    Well, with the smartphone craze that's going on now (the original college I went to REQUIRED you to have a smartphone for the course. No smartphone, no degree, pretty much), you will have the information you need anyways, along with a calculator. Hence the confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm playing a game now, I don't want to be there when playing.
    Hey, you're not on IRC either. Am I in the wrong one then?

Well, with the smartphone craze that's going on now (the original college I went to REQUIRED you to have a smartphone for the course. No smartphone, no degree, pretty much), you will have the information you need anyways, along with a calculator. Hence the confusion.
    Its like me having to take modules in Forensic science, when i was going a Computer forensics degree.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Kings generally aren't voted for
    Did you know all of Europe's kingships were originally or at some point elective?

Or almost all, some are sketchy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:52 PM ----------

When you're actually on the job, being able to look up the formulas is a ways from knowing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    When you're actually on the job, being able to look up the formulas is a ways from knowing it...
    If you know the formulas, that's fine. But do you know what formula goes with every drug off the top of your head? It's useful to get a reference document in case you forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    *noses back in*

It still feels weird posting here. It has an unholy smell

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

If you know the formulas, that's fine. But do you know what formula goes with every drug off the top of your head? It's useful to get a reference document in case you forget.
    A useful reminder is one thing. Going in relying on the reference document from the start is another, is what I meant.

Just because the Matlab environment comes with an extensive reference documentation doesn't mean I shouldn't know how to do a Fourier transform by heart =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    *noses back in*

It'll wear off.

Probably.

Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    *noses back in*

But Darsithis hasn't posted in here yet.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 05:05 PM ----------

A useful reminder is one thing. Going in relying on the reference document from the start is another, is what I meant.

Just because the Matlab environment comes with an extensive reference documentation doesn't mean I shouldn't know how to do a Fourier transform by heart =/
    Physics or Maths? My fiancee asks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    *noses back in*

Oi! I showered this morning

But Darsithis hasn't posted in here yet.
    Yes he has.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah. Is somewhat amusing, in a morbid sort of way, how many of the errors come about is the nurse not raising concerns about the original dose. Or the dose they were given by another one (the heparin incident for one)