first of all, let me apologize if I placed this in the wrong thread or forum. I'm a "Progression" (10/16 HC) Tank and Raidleader of a german 10-man guild. I have a hard time finding UIs that fit my purpose with the focus on raidleading and tanking. I've noticed that there is a Healer UI Thread and a General UI thread, but no thread for my "Niche". I couldn't really figure out where it fits in and so I figured I'd just try it with a new thread. Maybe there are other players out there with the same problems and this will be helpful to them. I'm at the end of my UI making skills and turn to your for help.
Here is my UI (it's a couple of month old, but hasn't really changed much):
Updated - 01.03.2013:
I've tried to create a UI that's focused on "seeing everything" in regards to raidleading, calling stuff etc. and tanking / performing my job.
I use the following Addons (only the ones needed for raiding):
- Bartender4 (tried dominos, but bartender was simplier to setup and stuff)
- BigBrother (For potions/flask checks/interrupts etc.)
- Bison (Use it pretty much only for the large debuffs I need for tanking)
- Clique (So I can combat ress / deathcoil heal / safeguard quickly)
- DBM (tried bigwigs couple of times, but didn't really like it)
- Grid + GridManaBars + GridStatusRaidDebuff
- MikScrollingBattleText (So i have better control over the dmg/heal i receive as a tank)
- Omen (Important as Tank - it's only visible infight and trades places with recount out of combat)
- OmniCC (for button countdowns)
- oRA3 (Raidleading)
- pError (Filter those error messages, its still on the screenshot, but has been filtered now)
- PhönixStyle (Raidleading)
- RaidSlackCheck (Raidleading)
- Quartz (Castbars)
- Raidachievement (Raidleading)
- Recount (Raidleading - need to see who performed/didn't on a try by try basis)
- Shadowed Unit Frames (only ones I really liked out there)
- TipTop (Tooltip)
- WeakAuras (use it for pretty much all procs / boss abilities / stuff I need to track)
Updated - 01.03.2013:
- Deactivated Blizzards Power Auras / Spell Alert
- Moved from DBM to BigWigs (less clutter, more customizable)
- Shifted around Bars / Scaled down some thing (Debuffs, Weak Auras etc.)
- Increased GRID to have a better awareness during combat, debuffs etc. für Raidleading
- Moved from Omen + Recount to Skada. Still same settings, Threat infight and Damage/Healing out-of-combat
- Removed some other cluttery addons, moved them all in Leatrix Plus (like pError, TipTop, Turnin etc.)
- Skinned the Minimap with Mappy (couldn't find a more lightweight addon)
- Grouped my Raidbuffs with Blizzard Settings, makes it easier to see if something's missing
- Removed Healing received from MSBT, so I only see Damage taken / Absorb / Block and Stuff
- Wrote some more Weakauras to keep track of things (like the missing sunder on my screenshot above the target frame)
- I macrod my pulltimer with bigbrother buffs, so I can check if everything is buffed during my 10 seconds pull countdown. Works out nicely.
Problems I have with my UI:
- I feel that it has become cluttered over the times cause of all the stuff I added on for Raidleading and such
- Buff Bar: I don't need to see them in fight and stuff, but need to check if everything has been buffed before I pull. Haven't found a nice solution for that yet.
- Bison: It's no longer being updated but I need something to show me larger Debuffs. Haven't found a "not-so-big" alternative yet.
- I fear that my UI takes up lots of Memory, is there anything to optimize?
I like my UI, but I've noticed that I start to miss stuff which for me means It's time to change something.
Also, I just can't that feeling that I can optimize the shit out of it but I can't for the life of me figure out how
Can you guys help me?
What addons are other raidleaders / tanks using?
How do you setup your UI to raidlead properly?