Haste Blood Build

I was thinking of trying this out and seeing how it went, I searched the forums and a few others to see if anyone had and couldn't find any results. I figured at low level content, the increased rune regen + high mastery would make survivability stay about the same, while adding a decent DPS boost. Has anyone tried this or have anything to offer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently trying this because in my guild we are running outgeared content (495+ raid in hof/toef nhc) and the few bosses we downed in mogu hc aren't that hard. In the end haste IS worse than dodge/parry or masterybuild, hit/exp-capping is irrelevant in that case (but you should run with hit/exp caps in a haste-experiment).
    In the end you get more DS per minute, but you lose a lot of mastery (I went from 10700mastery to 5000 and from 800 haste to 7000), that's a rough increase of 15% in haste but I went from ~194% masteryshields down to ~140% (raidbuffed, ofc.)
    You do get more DS/min, but your DS will be weaker by a bigger margin. Also SoB stacks tend not to get as high as with masterybuilds, even though haste increases the DS/min ratio about as much as the autohit.
    In the end, if you are running content that is challenging you in survival, haste is a no-go for raiding. I'm also only experimenting to compare how much worse it is, because we have great healers and slacking dps...

EDIT: If you're testing it as well, let me know how it is going. There is almost nothing on the web about haste tanking in MoP - Mostly because it ISN'T optimal. But under certain circumstances it can be viable to a certain degree (eg. overgearing)
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    from a mitgation stand point is shit, however if you want to dps as a tank - hit = exp > haste > crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    from a mitgation stand point is shit, however if you want to dps as a tank - hit = exp > haste > crit
    do you have any numbers/logs to back this up? Iirc Hit >= Exp > Crit > Haste

Actually haste and crit are pretty much equal in terms of dps per point for blood. Because of that we put haste>crit because it gives some marginal levels of survivability as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raided tonight with a haste oriented setup... And did quite well. Here some numbers: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-88n3k0m3szuah4t7/
    Basically you lose about 10-15% HpS, but I gained roughly 14k DpS per boss in Terrace (comparing to a 2 week old log, no upgrades since then). I even did more healing on Stone Guards HC than I did the last time.
    Read this with a grain of salt tho: it ISN'T ideal and should only be used when you already play your char safely and have good healers having your back. Secondly, you need to have quite good gear and almost outgear your actual content (I consider ilvl495 outgearing MV hc, 10m ofc), AND I'd say this is only doable in 10m (hc), since 25m hc should crush you to death.

EDIT: Gara'jal HC I obviously used 2 mastery trinkets, Blood Tap and AMZ. 130% > 150% masteryshields
    Last edited by rhapso; 2013-01-17 at 11:08 PM. Reason: gara'jal hc specifics

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    yea i do the same thing with farm bosses (use my frost dps gear basically) even though my frost gear ilvl is about 7 or 8 ilvl's lower than my tank gear, i do far more dps with it on (enough to rank on fights on WoL). grats on all the high ranks you got rhapso.

overall haste tanking is really fun, but my health is def a lot spikier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    Actually haste and crit are pretty much equal in terms of dps per point for blood. Because of that we put haste>crit because it gives some marginal levels of survivability as well.
    haste comes out slightly ahead in terms of raw dps but yes crit is very close to haste in terms of raw dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    haste comes out slightly ahead in terms of raw dps but yes crit is very close to haste in terms of raw dps.
    Over 50,000 iterations of each I found haste to be 0.01% higher than crit. that's what we call negligible.