Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The problem isnt that they used horse meat it is that they where willing to go away from 100% beef. Horse should be the least of your concerns they might have put in gross junk that is not even food that you dont know of. Horse done right is excellent meat.

IIRC Horse meat cannot be sold in California legally. I don't really have a problem with eating horsemeat, but I agree that labeling on food should match what's actually in the food.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    The problem isnt that they used horse meat it is that they where willing to go away from 100% beef. Horse should be the least of your concerns they might have put in gross junk that is not even food that you dont know of. Horse done right is excellent meat.

i dont think this was done on purpose, i was thinking that tesco didn't know they had horse in them, which is why the pulled them from the shelves.
    Too cool for a signature

im so hungry i could eat a horse

All honesty i'm not against the concept of eating horse.

The outcry is, following Mad cow, Foot and mouth. The farms the beef comes from is monitored...not the same for horses, so it could of been infected with anything.
    Advertising is one of the things, 29% horse i believe were the cheapest of the cheap burgers, which i doubt is very beefy in the first place, so with that lvl of horse it is not a beef burger.
    Horse was not the only contamination i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    All honesty i'm not against the concept of eating horse.

The outcry is, following Mad cow, Foot and mouth. The farms the beef comes from is monitored...not the same for horses, so it could of been infected with anything.
    Advertising is one of the things, 29% horse i believe were the cheapest of the cheap burgers, which i doubt is very beefy in the first place, so with that lvl of horse it is not a beef burger.
    Horse was not the only contamination i believe.
    There was some pork as well, but given that horse isn't eaten commonly in the UK the question is how the hell did it get there?
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

I guess thats what happened to shergar LOL (doubt many people will get that joke)

TBH this shit doesnt surprise me in fact i remember about 20 years ago my local curry house was raided and they found dead dog carcasses in the meat freezer that was being used as beef!

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardal View Post
    Wild boar is one of the best meats I've ever had that isn't commonly sold
    Quite common here(they breed like rabbits) but yeah it is pretty damn great, have you ever tried it as a replacement to kebab meat? Blows your mind.

OT I understand why people can get upset by this, something has obviously gone wrong when the meat went through "quality control".

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    That is fucked up, please don't eat horses.
    It tastes great, horse sausage for example.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It tastes great, horse sausage for example.
    Well that answers my question on whether or not the Nordics eat horse.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Well that answers my question on whether or not the Nordics eat horse.
    haha it's not super common, but you can get it in most well stocked grocery stores, esp sausages.

That being said, there are those who go "ewww gross" when it comes to horse meat as well. My gf for example, she has been riding horses since she was a kid... but she goes "ewww gross" over all meats. And then you got people like myself, I have been around horses all my life but I don't have any problem eating it, so it's individual, but I would deffo recommand it if you get a chance to eat it and got no cultural/ethical issues with it.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    haha it's not super common, but you can get it in most well stocked grocery stores, esp sausages.

That being said, there are those who go "ewww gross" when it comes to horse meat as well. My gf for example, she has been riding horses since she was a kid... but she goes "ewww gross" over all meats. And then you got people like myself, I have been around horses all my life but I don't have any problem eating it, so it's individual, but I would deffo recommand it if you get a chance to eat it and got no cultural/ethical issues with it.
    She goes "ewww gross" over your meat? Im so sorry Jack....

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    She goes "ewww gross" over your meat? Im so sorry Jack....
    Only when it smells funny...

I kid! ;P

Seems Barr are quick on the draw today.

Love it.

“HE’S BEHIND YOU!...The Tesco burger man.”

Tesco's has to use this in an advert

I'd eat meat (muscle tissue maybe with some skin) from almost any mammal as long as its not mixed with genitalia, eye, liver, brain, gall bladder or any strange tasting organ. The only issue here is that they were lying to the people about what they were selling them, 71% beef =/= just beef ...
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

Vizardlorde I agree I am not fussed about the horse. The issue is its not a horse burger so where the horse meat come from.

Also beef burger's arent 100% beef in the first place, there is always a "filler" in it, so the 29%of it being horse + the filler, your looking at 60% ish beef in a beef burger

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    as long as its not mixed with genitalia, eye, liver, brain, gall bladder or any strange tasting organ....

i hope you don't eat at any 'fast-food' type....cuz ....you're breaking your own rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Well, people buy beef burgers to eat beef, really. I don't expect to find a bobcat in my sock drawer, nor do I expect horse in my beef burger.
    Maybe I'm not the best person to speak up since I am borderline vegetarian, but people don't buy burgers because they want to eat beef. They buy beef burgers because they taste good. And because they are hungry. :P Seriously, if you found out your favorite burger joint made their burgers with part horse meat, would you really care? IF so, why? It tastes good. It's never gotten you seriously ill. What would change?

I'd be alarmed for two reasons:
    I like horses and they aren't something I'd view as a delicacy.
    Two I don't want high amounts of something in my food when a company doesn't even announce anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Looks like Tesco have been... horsing around with our beefburgers.
    Doh I shoulda seen something like this coming.