Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Horse is actually a much leaner source of protein than beef, I eat it all the time. That being said.. if your buying beef it should be beef and not another animal.

In my opinion, the fact that they found PIG DNA in it is alot worse than finding horse DNA. Reasons should be obvious. (I hope)
    I, personally, wouldnt cause an uproar for horse meat, but I would for pig meat in a beef burger I have eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Anyways like i said ppl can eat whatever they want and they hopefully understand that a '100% beef (random name)' label isnt a ingredients list but a trademarked name. Read the ingredients list and push your local gov for better labelling laws.

That being said, the mcrib is 70 ingredients (34 in the bun...lol wtf) and available all year long (but recommended to keep rare for marketing reasons)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/11-ama...170212930.html
    See you're moving into territory of bollocks that I can instantly dismiss.

I WORK IN FOOD INDUSTRY LOGISTICS.

THERE IS NO SUCH BRAND LABEL AS "100% BEEF" IF THE LABEL SAYS 100% BEEF IT'S 100% BEEF.

Restaurants don't manufacture their own raw food ingredients, because that would be inefficient and expensive.

The difference in quality with fast food is because of how the food is prepared, not because of the food itself.

disgusting...

as i ride horse myself, i find the idea of eating horsemeat simply weird. I'm not about to eat dog or cats eitehr for that matter, or any kind of animal i feel i could have some sort of bond with.

Many ppl say i'm very wierd cuz of that, but that's just the way it is. So for ppl like me, finding out there is secretely horsemeat in a burger would be really upsetting

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Well, people buy beef burgers to eat beef, really. I don't expect to find a bobcat in my sock drawer, nor do I expect horse in my beef burger.
    Excatcly this. Cant belive such thing can go on, but hey - More reason to avoid junk food places.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    THERE IS NO SUCH BRAND LABEL AS "100% BEEF" IF THE LABEL SAYS 100% BEEF IT'S 100% BEEF.
    http://consumerist.com/2008/09/21/vi...th-sheep-pigs/

http://imgur.com/gallery/EZDBM

I've been eating Tesco burgers for a while now, I don't care at all. Tastes good so 'sall good mayne.

While i don't really care i expect to be getting beef when i buy beef not horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Kidney of a horse, liver of a cat - mixing up the patties with this and that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 06:33 PM ----------

Well, well, well - it seems like we've got some neeeeighsayers in the audience...
    Looks like you really...hit the ground running with those puns.

You know, like horse races? No? I'll see myself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    In my opinion, the fact that they found PIG DNA in it is alot worse than finding horse DNA. Reasons should be obvious. (I hope)
    I, personally, wouldnt cause an uproar for horse meat, but I would for pig meat in a beef burger I have eaten.
    I can't really see a good reason for someone to be particularly upset about the wrong sort of animal being in their food. Of course, false advertising shouldn't be done, but the specific animal doesn't really matter.

I've got some Sainsbury's Basic burgers in the freezer right now and I've definitely eaten cheap burgers from Tesco and ASDA.

I don't really mind but I'd rather they be honest with their labelling.