Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Valor + Horridon (H)

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:25 PM ----------

Swap out valor for Lei Shen (N) in fights with a large amount of damage income.
    To clarify this, I'm going to pull out my big list of Int passive/mana proc trinkets, because they're almost entirely dictated by item level with the exception of Horridon's and Relic of Chi-Ji

Heroic TF Horridon's
    Heroic Horridon's
    TF Horridon's
    522 Horridon's
    Soothing Talisman
    2/2 H Spirits of the Sun
    0/2 H Spirits of the Sun
    LFR Horridon's
    2/2 Spirits of the Sun
    2/2 Relic of Chi-Ji
    0/2 Spirits of the Sun
    0/2 Relic of Chi-Ji
    496 VP Shieldwall/Dominance trinket
    489 VP Shado-Pan trinket

Typically any Int passive + Spirit/mana proc/use trinket is better than the spirit passive trinkets or the Lightning Imbued Chalice, of course there are a few exceptions like if your Chalice wouldn't overheal, but you can generally follow that ranking for all of the Int trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    To clarify this, I'm going to pull out my big list of Int passive/mana proc trinkets, because they're almost entirely dictated by item level with the exception of Horridon's and Relic of Chi-Ji

Heroic TF Horridon's
    Heroic Horridon's
    TF Horridon's
    522 Horridon's
    Soothing Talisman
    2/2 H Spirits of the Sun
    0/2 H Spirits of the Sun
    LFR Horridon's
    2/2 Spirits of the Sun
    2/2 Relic of Chi-Ji
    0/2 Spirits of the Sun
    0/2 Relic of Chi-Ji
    496 VP Shieldwall/Dominance trinket
    489 VP Shado-Pan trinket

Typically any Int passive + Spirit/mana proc/use trinket is better than the spirit passive trinkets or the Lightning Imbued Chalice, of course there are a few exceptions like if your Chalice wouldn't overheal, but you can generally follow that ranking for all of the Int trinkets.
    Yeah I am going to try the Horridon trinket, instead of my battlemaster trinket in pvp and ill see how well that will do. I might have a bit worse survivability but I think I will make up for it with the intellect, unless the pvp power really made a difference. How does the Lfr Horridon compare to the relic of chi-ji? I heard the mana on chi-ji is a lot more steady but with the horridon it is a bit burtsy with mana?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    LFR horridon's is by far better.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    How does the Lfr Horridon compare to the relic of chi-ji? I heard the mana on chi-ji is a lot more steady but with the horridon it is a bit burtsy with mana?
    Lol what does that even mean? Bursty mana? Unless you sit at 100% mana often, when exactly you get it doesn't really matter. That aside, Horridon's is far more consistent as it is frequent, smaller procs instead of Relic's ICD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol what does that even mean? Bursty mana? Unless you sit at 100% mana often, when exactly you get it doesn't really matter. That aside, Horridon's is far more consistent as it is frequent, smaller procs instead of Relic's ICD.
    It is RealPPM so it can not give you mana for a while then randomly give you 2 stacks?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is RealPPM so it can not give you mana for a while then randomly give you 2 stacks?
    RPPM doesn't have internal cooldowns, so "can not give you mana for a while" isn't really true.
    And as Totaltotemic already said: Why do you care when you get the mana as long as you get it? Apart from that: Horridons uptime is great and it's quite ridiculous what the mana return is if you get it to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    RPPM doesn't have internal cooldowns, so "can not give you mana for a while" isn't really true.
    Ever heard of statistics, expected values, standard deviation etc.?
    ICD-style trinkets (apart from agi-relic -.-) normally have such high procc chances, that their effects are bound by ICD + a short time to procc, and are thus very reliable.
    RPPM trinkets are back to the roots: completly random. Bad luck streaks can cause you to not get a procc for a while, which is what apepi meant. It will average out in the end, but the probability distributions of those 2 systems of trinkets are completly different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Ever heard of statistics, expected values, standard deviation etc.?
    ICD-style trinkets (apart from agi-relic -.-) normally have such high procc chances, that their effects are bound by ICD + a short time to procc, and are thus very reliable.
    RPPM trinkets are back to the roots: completly random. Bad luck streaks can cause you to not get a procc for a while, which is what apepi meant. It will average out in the end, but the probability distributions of those 2 systems of trinkets are completly different.
    Yeah this is what I meant:}.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Except that there's bad luck protection in now (what exactly this means in regards to the formula, we don't know), but regardless as long as you're not going from 100% mana to 0% it's irrelevant. You'd have to go several minutes without a proc from a trinket with 1.05 RPPM plus the 27% haste we run for an "unlucky streak" to matter in the slightest, and I'm not sure that's even mathematically possible anymore.

Except that there's bad luck protection in now (what exactly this means in regards to the formula, we don't know)
    I think you might be referring to a recently added function which results in a multiplier on the proc frequency based on the time since the last successful proc:

MAX(1, 1+((TimeSinceLastSuccessfulProc/AverageProcInterval)-1.5)*3)
    So if the time since the last successful proc has been an additional 50% to the time taken of the expected average interval between each proc you'll get a multiplier on your proc frequency, where the time since last successful proc caps at 1000 sec if I'm not mistaken D:

If this condition isn't true and the time since last successful proc is lower than the average proc interval then the multiplier will be 1. Please correct me if this info. is outdated, it's from the 13th of March and there have been several changes to RPPM trinkets in the meantime.

P.S. Changed username, just sayan in case you wonder why there's another dude with a pedobear avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luqyolo View Post
    I think you might be referring to a recently added function which results in a multiplier on the proc frequency based on the time since the last successful proc:

So if the time since the last successful proc has been an additional 50% to the time taken of the expected average interval between each proc you'll get a multiplier on your proc frequency, where the time since last successful proc caps at 1000 sec if I'm not mistaken D:

If this condition isn't true and the time since last successful proc is lower than the average proc interval then the multiplier will be 1. Please correct me if this info. is outdated, it's from the 13th of March and there have been several changes to RPPM trinkets in the meantime.

P.S. Changed username, just sayan in case you wonder why there's another dude with a pedobear avatar
    Yeah I think that's the function. It's the same thing that causes RPPM trinkets to always proc in the first 5 seconds of bosses now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that there's bad luck protection in now (what exactly this means in regards to the formula, we don't know), but regardless as long as you're not going from 100% mana to 0% it's irrelevant. You'd have to go several minutes without a proc from a trinket with 1.05 RPPM plus the 27% haste we run for an "unlucky streak" to matter in the slightest, and I'm not sure that's even mathematically possible anymore.
    Huh, I thought they were just talking about adding that in, and they haven't done it already, interesting.

Deleted
    There's a brilliant analysis post in the warlock forums which summarizes that the change is basically a 13% buff in procs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 07:54 PM ----------

Some potentially bad news... I was rechecking the mastery proc formula for Gift of the Serpent and noticed WoWDB had a cost modifier listed for it labelled clearcasting, basically this is the proc from the gem and what it effects:

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/137331-clearcasting

Going to be annoying if it can HoT proc and it procs during full chi....

Wait what. The legendery meta gem. Might use its proc for our mastery orbs?

Deleted
    The clearcasting proc isn't consumed on spellcast.

Deleted
    What's wrong with the legendary meta? We don't go OOM anyway, if anything it just adds more free Renewing Mist casts on occasion. Most of the time it'll get "wasted" on Soothing I guess but overall it's still pretty sick.

Deleted
    If we "don't go oom anyway" the 3% crit effect from a regular meta is better... it's not as if you'd be able to drop a significant amount of spirit for it either because a string of badly timed procs would spell disaster
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-04-06 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    If we "don't go oom anyway" the 3% crit effect from a regular meta is better... it's not as if you'd be able to drop a significant amount of spirit for it either because a string of badly timed procs would spell disaster
    I always thought the legendary meta was poop for us, our most powerful healing spells have either a cd or costs chi. I can only think of spamming surging mist for chi in order to benefit from the clearcasting.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if the legen gem could be used to use jab....hehehehe.

So, how do you guys manage to use chi brew properply? I always have the feeling missing chi because of the 4 chi cap ...and that I can't pool enaugh chi for uplift bursts...I#m really undecided between Ascention and Chi brew....