Deleted
    12150 haste is easily attainable in ~530 gear, 13187 wouldn't be a push in BiS. Next tier it will probably be trivial though... also blizzard were lazy with the tooltip it costs 3k per tick not per second.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was healing Vaults in an alt run with my druid this past weekend and noticed I had more spirit on my 435 ilvl druid than my 499 monk. Yes yes tea etc. I used to run very little spirit while were progressing in Vaults and decided to try for the next haste breakpoint, the 6145 one, by dropping about 1k crit and 1.5k spirit after a few upgrades in the past week made it more attainable. I had noticed that mana wasn't really as tight as I was expecting last week in ToT, I'll have side by side logs later tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 10:28 PM ----------

Last week Jin'rokh(3145 haste): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1400&e=1753
    This week Jin'rokh(6145 haste): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=912&e=1258

Some things of note:
    1) This week's fight was 7 seconds shorter.
    2) Last week I fistweaved during bloodlust, this week I did not.
    2a) My ReM uptime was down last week b/c I forgot to hit it during fistweaving
    3) I used int flask last week, spirit this week, hindsight thinks I didn't need it though.

Some observations:
    1) Last week ReM 5.48 mil, this week 7.03 mil (90% uptime vs 100% though)
    2) even with stronger ReM, uplift was more healing this week, poss b/c not fistweaving at all. (2.8 last week vs 7.47 this week)
    3) Zen Sphere was also up above 9% with 94.5 uptime.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2013-03-14 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    12150 haste is easily attainable in ~530 gear, 13187 wouldn't be a push in BiS. Next tier it will probably be trivial though... also blizzard were lazy with the tooltip it costs 3k per tick not per second.
    Sorry, i did understand that its 3k/tick i just didn't word my post to reflect that. However my math still works (in my head at least) as you are still paying for the cost of the start of the channel and the initial tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I was healing Vaults in an alt run with my druid this past weekend and noticed I had more spirit on my 435 ilvl druid than my 499 monk. Yes yes tea etc. I used to run very little spirit while were progressing in Vaults and decided to try for the next haste breakpoint, the 6145 one, by dropping about 1k crit and 1.5k spirit after a few upgrades in the past week made it more attainable. I had noticed that mana wasn't really as tight as I was expecting last week in ToT, I'll have side by side logs later tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 10:28 PM ----------

Last week Jin'rokh(3145 haste): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1400&e=1753
    This week Jin'rokh(6145 haste): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=912&e=1258

Some things of note:
    1) This week's fight was 7 seconds shorter.
    2) Last week I fistweaved during bloodlust, this week I did not.
    2a) My ReM uptime was down last week b/c I forgot to hit it during fistweaving
    3) I used int flask last week, spirit this week, hindsight thinks I didn't need it though.

Some observations:
    1) Last week ReM 5.48 mil, this week 7.03 mil (90% uptime vs 100% though)
    2) even with stronger ReM, uplift was more healing this week, poss b/c not fistweaving at all. (2.8 last week vs 7.47 this week)
    3) Zen Sphere was also up above 9% with 94.5 uptime.
    That's a higher than 15% gain on ReM (including an extra 11% on your last soothing :P), not bad with at the cost of 5% crit.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Sorry, i did understand that its 3k/tick i just didn't word my post to reflect that. However my math still works (in my head at least) as you are still paying for the cost of the start of the channel and the initial tick.
    Anything that gives you more ticks/second is going to give you more mana consumption/second.

Deleted
    Anything that gives you more ticks/second is going to give you more mana consumption/second.
    Agreed, Looks like spamming it is just going to have to be one of those choices you make given the current situation.

Hello !

I want to change my race to a panda/orc/troll but I don't know which one is best pvewise.
    I like them all equally (but trolls are trolls so they're better anyway).

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Hello !

I want to change my race to a panda/orc/troll but I don't know which one is best pvewise.
    I like them all equally (but trolls are trolls so they're better anyway).
    Think the panda food buff is best pve buff hands down regardless of class/spec. You are looking at: double food buff vs SP cooldown vs haste cooldown.

P.S. I don't think xuen, as a temporary pet, gets counted towards the orc pet racial, as non-unholy dks ghouls do not either.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 10:41 AM ----------

That's a higher than 15% gain on ReM (including an extra 11% on your last soothing :P), not bad with at the cost of 5% crit.
    Yea it may have been my imagination as well, but it felt like the soothing chi procs were coming faster. I noticed it more on the trash though, I didn't do much soothing last night on Jin'rokh, think it was the tanks being more comfortable with the fight so taking less spike.

What are the current thoughts on going for the 13th tick on Renewing atm? I'm getting to the point with all this haste gear to where I could technically reach it. I've never been one for theory crafting so input would be nice.

My armory is Flavorburst on Us-Kil'jaeden for reference. Can't post links still >.>

Deleted
    Yeah im atm 6145 haste caped but i really think going to 9k9 ( 9145renm cap + 9900 envm cap ) as soon as i got 2 t15

Except helm and ring 2 you can have haste on every slot with 4t15 so its seem more than doable

Plus, with some mana managment its probably doable to change some spirit gems to haste to reach it

Deleted
    You can survive going OOM now with no more than 10k spirit. 10k even feels too much in some circumstances. When I get Horridon's Last Gasp (heroic version) I'll probably be able to drop to 9.5k~ spirit. I wouldn't recommend gemming haste over crit though, I don't think the extra tick is going be as noticeable as the 6141 haste tick: you'll lose too much crit for it to be worthwhile. At the moment I'm running 23%~ raid buffed crit with the 6141 haste breakpoint which feels more than enough.

Great Guide! I've started healing in a 10m as of late (we've only just started doing MV normal), and I've been healing by the traditional way, (standing back and using soothing mist), but since the shuffle around on monks, this has become harder to do, especially for dumping chi and generating mana tea, so I'm keen to try out Zealweaving, but my question is, the stance says that it heals for non-AA damage, so all the AA damage I'm doing to the boss is only damage, no healing involved and thus the buffs are useless, how should i go about doing this? not sure if this has been asked already, sorry if it has

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Great Guide! I've started healing in a 10m as of late (we've only just started doing MV normal), and I've been healing by the traditional way, (standing back and using soothing mist), but since the shuffle around on monks, this has become harder to do, especially for dumping chi and generating mana tea, so I'm keen to try out Zealweaving, but my question is, the stance says that it heals for non-AA damage, so all the AA damage I'm doing to the boss is only damage, no healing involved and thus the buffs are useless, how should i go about doing this? not sure if this has been asked already, sorry if it has
    The Serpent's Zeal buff (gained from Blackout Kick) enables healing from AA damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Hey Nelso,

First of all I must say that I need to update the guide a bit more to reflect the patch 5.2 changes, I'll try to do it tonight. As for your questions I'll try to answer each one individually.

Eminence comes from both your stance and statue, and indeed it heals for non AA damage but when you use Blackout Kick as a mistweaver you gain a 30 sec buff called Serpent's Zeal which converts 25% of your AA damage to healing (both your stance and statue do this so 50% of your AA damage gets converted to healing). Thus the name "Zealweaving", where you try to keep up Serpent's Zeal and Tiger Power, whilst generating chi with jab to heal. This playstyle is not viable with patch 5.2 and you should avoid using jab to generate chi for healing abilities (primarily uplift).

Basically the increased mana cost to jab and the implementation of Muscle Memory it kind of splits up fistweaving (dealing damage with melee abilities) and mistweaving (full on healing and generating chi with soothing mist) which was Blizzard's intention with patch 5.2, although they managed to make fistweaving a very situational thing because it just doesn't interact in a positive way with our playstyle, and it's generally seen as not being worth it for the mana you spend doing it.

I would recommend you continue generating chi with soothing mist and try fistweaving where there's downtime, nothing else to do and specific encounter mechanics which increase damage done. Don't try Zealweaving, it was a fun playstyle but it's just not possible anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So both in this thread, and in the other thread talking about the haste breakpoint, people are saying the breakpoint is 6141, not 6145. Clarification?

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    You can survive going OOM now with no more than 10k spirit. 10k even feels too much in some circumstances. When I get Horridon's Last Gasp (heroic version) I'll probably be able to drop to 9.5k~ spirit. I wouldn't recommend gemming haste over crit though, I don't think the extra tick is going be as noticeable as the 6141 haste tick: you'll lose too much crit for it to be worthwhile. At the moment I'm running 23%~ raid buffed crit with the 6141 haste breakpoint which feels more than enough.
    I can't even imagine having that much spirit, but to each their own I guess.

Deleted
    I can't even imagine having that much spirit, but to each their own I guess.
    Same, i run 8182 and use a int flask. i can hit 300-400k burst when needed and we haven't had a healing problem all tier so far

"as monks we are considered as melee for default raid mechanics." : Can I be the target of Empress' Cry of Terror ? In Icy Veins' strat, it is written : "Cry of Terror is a debuff that Shek'zeer places on a random caster or healer in your raid (it is never cast on tanks, melee DPS, or Hunters)" It says that healer are targetted, but the first quote says that we are considered as melee ... so I'm not really sure.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Monks cannot be targetted by Cry of Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    "as monks we are considered as melee for default raid mechanics." : Can I be the target of Empress' Cry of Terror ? In Icy Veins' strat, it is written : "Cry of Terror is a debuff that Shek'zeer places on a random caster or healer in your raid (it is never cast on tanks, melee DPS, or Hunters)" It says that healer are targetted, but the first quote says that we are considered as melee ... so I'm not really sure.
    There are very few ability's that actively target healers, in this case it should have said a "random ranged". Monks will not be hit by any ability that does not target melee, note that some boss ability's might still target you if your standing at range because of a different check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are very few ability's that actively target healers, in this case it should have said a "random ranged". Monks will not be hit by any ability that does not target melee, note that some boss ability's might still target you if your standing at range because of a different check.
    This is correct.

Some boss mechanics are dependent on your range from the boss rather than your role in the group. For example, you can get targeted by Nightmares on Tsulong's night phase if you stand at a ranged distance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:10 PM ----------

So both in this thread, and in the other thread talking about the haste breakpoint, people are saying the breakpoint is 6141, not 6145. Clarification?
    It probably is 6141, but it's something I can't determine by calculating due to rounding numbers (unless I need to relearn how to round numbers WoW's way of rounding numbers is different). For example the haste breakpoint for an 11th ReM tick is known to be 3145 haste rating, but when I calculate it I get 3148 :P

Basically the interval between ReM haste breakpoints is 11.11%, but it's not linear because if you include the 5% multiplicative increase to your haste, you will get more haste from the raid buff the more haste you have on your gear, so the haste rating required to go through the next 11.11% interval should be lower than the previous (hope that made sense lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    It probably is 6141, but it's something I can't determine by calculating due to rounding numbers (unless I need to relearn how to round numbers WoW's way of rounding numbers is different). For example the haste breakpoint for an 11th ReM tick is known to be 3145 haste rating, but when I calculate it I get 3148 :P

Basically the interval between ReM haste breakpoints is 11.11%, but it's not linear because if you include the 5% multiplicative increase to your haste, you will get more haste from the raid buff the more haste you have on your gear, so the haste rating required to go through the next 11.11% interval should be lower than the previous (hope that made sense lol).
    That does. The guy in the other thread was fairly adamant about it, was just curious.