Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Frankly I'd take it if it meant making our mastery a proper healing stat instead of a jacked up Eye of Blazing Power with positional healing requirements. Regardless, I was thinking about whether or not the Chi Wave would proc mastery and then I remembered the proc triggers the actual native spell ID so it's incredibly likely. This resulted in a 15% increase in orbs spawned, which is effectively a ~10% buff to our mastery.

Of course that's all dependent on a 20% proc rate, the inevitable nerf will reduce it somewhat.
    Given the Disc Priest 4 piece I would say ours is on par with theirs.

reglitch, i always see you mention how the boost to healing sphere time glyph is mandatory (especially on iron qon). we are progressing on heroic IQ tonight and was curious if you could elaborate on why its so important. also which glyph do you drop? I dont' think i could drop renewing mist, i cycle between SCK/zenmed/the transport one depending on the fight, and the third is mana tea. i guess i could drop mana tea, but on some fights there is no down time to healing and i don't see this being practical.

edit- this is for 25 man also i see you drop renewing mist, doesn't that restrict its spreading then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    reglitch, i always see you mention how the boost to healing sphere time glyph is mandatory (especially on iron qon). we are progressing on heroic IQ tonight and was curious if you could elaborate on why its so important. also which glyph do you drop? I dont' think i could drop renewing mist, i cycle between SCK/zenmed/the transport one depending on the fight, and the third is mana tea. i guess i could drop mana tea, but on some fights there is no down time to healing and i don't see this being practical.
    I run a tactic which involves the melee & me taking all the stacks which makes Renewing Mist glyph very undesirable. The reason for the glyph being mandatory is because orb explosions have a hilariously low chance to actually hit someone and it's much more beneficial to have that orb sit there for another 3 minutes to give a longer period of time in which it can be picked up.

the orb should "seek" the most injured player in a 40m radius and instantly heals them >.<

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post

edit- this is for 25 man also i see you drop renewing mist, doesn't that restrict its spreading then?
    For Iron Qon HC you don't need Zen Meditation glyphed. So if you hold on the ReM-Glyph just drop ZenMed. But I agree with Reg, that the ReM-Glyph isn't necessary their either, so you can also drop this one. My "Standard"-Glyphs are Mana Tea and Enduring Healing Spheres (latter 'cause it's an incredible increase to the healing done by our mastery), the third mostly ReM or ZenMed (on Durumu I take SCK, 'cause using SCK in the labyrinth is better without a slow ^^).

Regarding Crit. vs Int: In 25 Men Crit is maybe better on the paper, but having buffed all your heals everytime by a small amount instead of sometimes a bigger buff suits our healing-style more, so I think, since especially in 25 with at least two absorb-heals (disc/pala, sometimes even more) critical healings are supposed to just be overhealing, while constant buffed heal have a less chance. Going for ~30% crit raidbuffed is enough for my playstyle, but it's just my personal oppinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    For Iron Qon HC you don't need Zen Meditation glyphed. So if you hold on the ReM-Glyph just drop ZenMed. But I agree with Reg, that the ReM-Glyph isn't necessary their either, so you can also drop this one. My "Standard"-Glyphs are Mana Tea and Enduring Healing Spheres (latter 'cause it's an incredible increase to the healing done by our mastery), the third mostly ReM or ZenMed (on Durumu I take SCK, 'cause using SCK in the labyrinth is better without a slow ^^).

Regarding Crit. vs Int: In 25 Men Crit is maybe better on the paper, but having buffed all your heals everytime by a small amount instead of sometimes a bigger buff suits our healing-style more, so I think, since especially in 25 with at least two absorb-heals (disc/pala, sometimes even more) critical healings are supposed to just be overhealing, while constant buffed heal have a less chance. Going for ~30% crit raidbuffed is enough for my playstyle, but it's just my personal oppinion
    The overheal crit argument is only really applicable to situations where you'd have considerable overheal regardless...

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 02:22 AM ----------

Also,

As it worked out, most every Holy paladin chose Eternal Flame, and we don’t want every Holy paladin to be a heal-over-time machine. (That’s a niche best served by Restoration Druids and Holy Priests.)
    Maybe they've just forgotten mistweaver actually exists and that's why we have no changes???

Maybe they've just forgotten mistweaver actually exists and that's why we have no changes???
    It's what we can hope. If we get through this patch without nerfs we're going to be golden next tier.

Deleted
    The overheal crit argument is only really applicable to situations where you'd have considerable overheal regardless...
    In which situation does a Mistweaver NOT have cosiderable overhealing?

Heroic tortos *~*

to clarify from earlier. i switch out transcendance/SCK/Zenmed then i usually have mana tea and renewing as core. i dropped renewing tonight for the healing sphere length and didn't see too many problems with numbers spreading. thought i didn't see a huge increase to spheres either :/ went from like 4% to 5% is it really that important or is this a case of raid using the orbs[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Luqt; 2013-06-21 at 12:00 PM. Reason: mod edit: duplicated post

Deleted
    What I'm talking about is the fact that none of our heals bar revival heal in large enough bursts, and it's extremely unlikely in situations where healing is needed that a portion of that will delve into excess and contribute to overheal. The large overheal you see on our abilities is from the requirement to keep Renewing Mist up all the time, uplift, and many other mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Heroic tortos *~*
    Oh yeah, best fight ever for MW

What I'm talking about is the fact that none of our heals bar revival heal in large enough bursts, and it's extremely unlikely in situations where healing is needed that a portion of that will delve into excess and contribute to overheal. The large overheal you see on our abilities is from the requirement to keep Renewing Mist up all the time, uplift, and many other mechanics.
    I don't want to say, going for crit is bad or worse than going for Int, both have their advantages. As crit is better when it comes to bursthealing (using revival or uplift with chi brew or something else), int is better as a sustain healing stat. It depends on the fight of course, but also on your healing setup. With one or two disc-priests and one ore two holypaladins there is just no situation, where a crit-boosted bursthealing is really needed, but you can push your output better with more sustained healing.

If you don't have such a large amount of absorb, yes, crit will be better (seen it yesterday when killing Lei Shen HC without any disc ), but it's not a simple thing as saying "Crit is alway better than Int", it's just situational.

I would say you have to experiment with your stats... Do you think (and can prove it with numbers) you're doing better with Int>Crit? Go for it, that's all I want to say

Something aside. Have I read right, that the absorb from our 2pc stacks, 'cause last time I was on the PTR it didn't and a smaller shield even replaced a larger one (noncrit vs. crit).

Oh yeah, best fight ever for MW

Something aside. Have I read right, that the absorb from our 2pc stacks, 'cause last time I was on the PTR it didn't and a smaller shield even replaced a larger one (noncrit vs. crit).

I am like 99% sure that someone in the 5.4 thread said they do stack, it is still not good though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I am like 99% sure that someone in the 5.4 thread said they do stack, it is still not good though.
    We don't need good set-bonuses... remember t14

Deleted
    I don't want to say, going for crit is bad or worse than going for Int, both have their advantages. As crit is better when it comes to bursthealing (using revival or uplift with chi brew or something else), int is better as a sustain healing stat. It depends on the fight of course, but also on your healing setup. With one or two disc-priests and one ore two holypaladins there is just no situation, where a crit-boosted bursthealing is really needed, but you can push your output better with more sustained healing.

If you don't have such a large amount of absorb, yes, crit will be better (seen it yesterday when killing Lei Shen HC without any disc ), but it's not a simple thing as saying "Crit is alway better than Int", it's just situational.

I would say you have to experiment with your stats... Do you think (and can prove it with numbers) you're doing better with Int>Crit? Go for it, that's all I want to say

No crit is pretty much good for both because of the nature of our spells hitting a large amount of times, the only time crit will overheal when intellect won't is the time where people are almost topped which is largely irrelevant. Regardless, they're both almost equal in terms of output but there's a stigma around crit for other healers that just doesn't apply to us.

Deleted
    No crit is pretty much good for both because of the nature of our spells hitting a large amount of times, the only time crit will overheal when intellect won't is the time where people are almost topped which is largely irrelevant. Regardless, they're both almost equal in terms of output but there's a stigma around crit for other healers that just doesn't apply to us.
    The bold part is what I ment when talking 'bout absorbs

Does anyone have the rppm value of the hydra spawn trinket since they buffed it? Currently rocking a 502 HLG, and wondering if the hydra trinket is actually worth using now.

Quote Originally Posted by shotz View Post
    Does anyone have the rppm value of the hydra spawn trinket since they buffed it? Currently rocking a 502 HLG, and wondering if the hydra trinket is actually worth using now.
    If you are looking for a trinket that will be sub 1% of your healing, then yes. But in reality, no do not use.

Deleted
    Luq I noticed you're not using 4 piece T15, instead rocking simply the two piece and using heroic / heroic TF pieces in head, shoulder and glove slots. Is this just because T15 4 pc is so lacklustre that the increased stats from TF pieces are a more significant HPS increase?

Seeing as I've got heroic OS shoulders and just got the heroic TF chest as well I'm considering sacking 4 piece off in general tbh. I'm not sure how valuable it is to a 10 man raider in all honesty. I mean we're killing hc Iron Qon with regularity, but I'm not sure I wanna take the heroic tier shoulders off another one of our 738473 prot token users if 4 piece isn't all that much cop.

Any thoughts?

Yes, go for 2pc with TF offset pieces. The fact that you can get a mastery-less setup and 12 additional Ilvls outweighs the bonus.
    At least until your mates get their bonusses, then you can go for a 2nd gear setup with the 4p for the few encounts it is beneficial.
    I raid witha moonkin, and instead of all fighting for setpieces, he said hed let me the TF nonsetpieces as he goes for 4p anyway.
    Result: ive got tortos chest and horridon shoulder Thunderforged heroic, yeah baby Yeah! :-)