Page 5 of 254 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Try again, it will only work for english localizations.

Deleted
    Tiger Palm restoring 1% mana. Lol op.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Tiger Palm restoring 1% mana. Lol op.
    Please avoid those meaningless posts :s

If you consider that the mana cost bug of the unglyphed jab will be fixed to also cost 11,700 mana then this measure was introduced to maintain our mana consumption at a similar level to live. Basically, it makes pure DPSweaving more attractive for mistweavers, and this is exactly Blizzard's intention after practically doubling our DPS, for us to consider Eminence healing as a viable option (even though it already is in some cases). Note that this measure also makes Ascension a more appealing talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Please avoid those meaningless posts :s

If you consider that the mana cost bug of the unglyphed jab will be fixed to also cost 11,700 mana then this measure was introduced to maintain our mana consumption at a similar level to live. Basically, it makes pure DPSweaving more attractive for mistweavers, and this is exactly Blizzard's intention after practically doubling our DPS, for us to consider Eminence healing as a viable option (even though it already is in some cases). Note that this measure also makes Ascension a more appealing talent.
    C'mon it was a joke.
    We need some theorycrafting about chi talents and mp5 returns.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    C'mon it was a joke.
    We need some theorycrafting about chi talents and mp5 returns.
    +3000 mana per Power Strikes proc, assuming you use the extra Chi on a Tiger Palm. 750 MP5 if used on perfect cooldown
    +450 mana on each Tiger Palm with Ascension. No strict timing requirements.
    +12000 mana if you spend an entire Chi Brew on Tiger Palm. 667 MP5 if used on perfect cooldown and all Chi used on Tiger Palm.

You need seven Tiger Palms per 20 seconds in order for Ascension to pull ahead of Power Strikes. Counting Jab for Muscle Memory, this requires 14 GCDs, or 14 seconds, leaving 6 GCDs for other things. Probably works out to about the same in actual practice.

They both beat Chi Brew rather easily as far as this particular change goes.

wow. this is huge. a bit OP I think. this will allow us to do a Jab-TP rota which is probably mana neutral!

napkin math example, ignoring a lot of details: 8x Jab+TP = 2 Stacks of Manatee. Duration: 17sec. (glyphed mana tee consumed)
    cost: 8* 11700 = 94k mana
    income: 8*1% from TP 1x8% from Manatee = 48k + (12k mp5 for 17sec =) 41k reg.total = 89k mana

Deleted
    In the 5.2 PTR official notes;
    Serpent's Zeal heals for 12.5% per stack of damage done(was 25%).

Deleted
    Nerf, buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    In the 5.2 PTR official notes;
    Serpent's Zeal heals for 12.5% per stack of damage done(was 25%).

I'm glad you found this. I can see the Lei Shi staff closer to going in my bag ready for 5.2...

Hey Zonde, thanks so much for the guide, just wanted to ask a quick question. Why is Loshan and/or Jin'ya a superior choice to Kritak off Grand Empress, the small amount of searching i've done thus far claims Kritak to be the BIS for MW'vers, would love to get your input

Deleted
    After upgrade system you can get a 517 2h or a 517 mh + 510 oh at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomrosk View Post
    claims Kritak to be the BIS for MW'vers
    It has Spirit as well as Crit, which is agreed on the strongest secondary stat for MW, and Spirit just generally being valued highly for every Healer in this tier.
    However, as Spirit drops in importance once you hit a certain amount, you can consider to skip Kri'tak and instead go for the Crit+Haste on the Terrace weapons. (Also, on a personal totally biased sidenote, Kri'tak is a Mace, and Maces look overly silly being worn on the back. 1h Swords are much more convenient for looks there ).

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaia View Post
    It has Spirit as well as Crit, which is agreed on the strongest secondary stat for MW, and Spirit just generally being valued highly for every Healer in this tier.
    However, as Spirit drops in importance once you hit a certain amount, you can consider to skip Kri'tak and instead go for the Crit+Haste on the Terrace weapons. (Also, on a personal totally biased sidenote, Kri'tak is a Mace, and Maces look overly silly being worn on the back. 1h Swords are much more convenient for looks there ).
    I think your sidenote was the most important aspect when considering Loshan as the BiS weapon. xD

You're absolutely right, but there's an additional explanation. Assuming the same gear list, using Kri'tak will force you to go quite a bit above 3145 haste to still maintain an 11th tick on ReM whilst using Loshan gets you pretty close to the 3145 value, whilst maximizing your crit rating and maintaining a relatively high value of 13476 spirit + an average 1600 spirit from the 517 Spirit of the Sun trinket. You could arguably start gemming for intellect at that point. Additionally, Loshan provides *slightly* better DPS than Kri'tak, true story.

I'm going to be displeased if the 5.2 changes make my Loshan suck compared to the staff...

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    I think your sidenote was the most important aspect when considering Loshan as the BiS weapon. xD

You're absolutely right, but there's an additional explanation. Assuming the same gear list, using Kri'tak will force you to go quite a bit above 3145 haste to still maintain an 11th tick on ReM whilst using Loshan gets you pretty close to the 3145 value, whilst maximizing your crit rating and maintaining a relatively high value of 13476 spirit + an average 1600 spirit from the 517 Spirit of the Sun trinket. You could arguably start gemming for intellect at that point. Additionally, Loshan provides *slightly* better DPS than Kri'tak, true story.
    Ok cool, so it basically becomes BiS if you assume all the other BiS pieces as well, as somebody in a guild working our way through the final 2 bosses in HoF normal 10 man, i shouldn't pass on a Kri'tak to another healer given i am non heroic gear and a couple of Raid finder pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    +3000 mana per Power Strikes proc, assuming you use the extra Chi on a Tiger Palm. 750 MP5 if used on perfect cooldown
    +450 mana on each Tiger Palm with Ascension. No strict timing requirements.
    +12000 mana if you spend an entire Chi Brew on Tiger Palm. 667 MP5 if used on perfect cooldown and all Chi used on Tiger Palm.

You need seven Tiger Palms per 20 seconds in order for Ascension to pull ahead of Power Strikes. Counting Jab for Muscle Memory, this requires 14 GCDs, or 14 seconds, leaving 6 GCDs for other things. Probably works out to about the same in actual practice.

They both beat Chi Brew rather easily as far as this particular change goes.
    Ascension also still gives more mana due to mana tea I suppose, you should at that into your calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I'm going to be displeased if the 5.2 changes make my Loshan suck compared to the staff...
    i think the staff will be better, but i don't know how to tell how much.
    but i wouldn't care that much, just wait when someone do the math, and then switch to staff or 1h with next raid's weapons...

i hope staff will be better only because for other healers and dps it isn't, and then we don't have to compete for 1h

Fist weaving is great for spot healing. Not so great at raid healing. If you really wanted to be optimal, you might as well switch between a 2h/1h+oh (offhand enchant). Personally I haven't had a chance to test how we perform in 5.2 (most raid testing was either with another MW [we both used boosted cranedancers staff] or with discs who had a bugged innerfocus = absorb everything), but I probably see 2h's as winning since the real loss in raid healing between 2h vs. 1h+OH is pretty small comparing to the huge difference in spot healing capabilities.

Calculations for ascension/power strikes/chi brew are great and all, but I still value the utility chi brew brings (another CD) far more than a little extra mana efficiency (this also probably comes from rarely actually losing mana in fights, which might be my gear/raid's gear talking. But I still stand by the fact that I haven't had mana troubles in 5.1 and the utility chi brew brings to help save a raid is invaluable.)

I use Kri'tak for the moment though. As for "BiS" listings, your BiS is inconsistent. Specifically, Seal of the Profane should NOT be on there. The crit ring off gara is superior. (you take haste/spirit 502 belt over 509 spirit/mastery, but not spirit/crit 502 ring over 509 spirit/mastery ring.)

As well, Chi'ji vs. Qin-xi's polarizing seal is debatable (and likely up to personal preference). As well, with my stat weights from Valen's calc, I have the cloak from H stone guards around equal to the heroic elite cloak from protectors, because mastery is quite literally that worthless (when reforged, you're looking at an effective gain of maybe 50 crit rating of throughput, there are other people who gain a whole lot more from that cloak than we do, and as such I don't think it is really worthwhile to put on a BiS list, due to being largely out of reach and it being a minimal [if any] upgrade.) To each their own in the end, and most healers run their own BiS list, but thats how yours differs from mine.
    Last edited by Astraios; 2013-02-01 at 07:36 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6492909282

That guy have a pretty good ide for a new MW mastery.