Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    Would you mind posting a link to your armory?

Logs would be a plus too =D. I'm interested in comparing your play style to mine.

I'm usually between 1-4 out of 6 or 7 in 25 man. 3 other holy paladins who know how to play very well kinda suck for me with all that mastery.
    Why does topping meters seem to play a more prominent role than guild progressiona and healer teamwork?

Mistweaver throughput seems fine to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashtun View Post
    Why does topping meters seem to play a more prominent role than guild progressiona and healer teamwork?

IDK about anyone else, it's boring to not be able to heal competitively just because there's not enough damage going past absorbs. And really, as much as I like teamwork, I would actually like to enjoy the game while I'm at it. Fun drops exponentially when there's bollocks all to heal.

Apparently topping meters is the only way to show that you know how to play the class for some people. Getting a rank amongst other players of the same spec is nice, topping meters is completely irrelevant since there are too many variables mainly raid damage taken, healer composition, etc. I can tell you now that the best mistweaver around is probably Apku and he doesn't top meters, but he can put in awesome throughput when the raid demands it which is basically our main role as mistweavers.

Deleted
    Anyone with the infinite chalice willing to confirm as to whether or not the heal benefits from the 20% bonus from SotWS? If you need help figuring it out, please PM me with your character's armory and the version of the trinket you have. Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    put in awesome throughput when the raid demands it which is basically our main role as mistweavers.
    doesn't topping meters usually mean you are putting in the most healing when the raid needs it? true some of those heals could be sniping, but if you have the mana to heal as much as you can why not heal as much as you can o.o

i agree with the premise that you can't judge the value of a healer purely off their HPS, but you can't discredit the worth of a healer by their topping meters either. also as monks have very little in terms of raid wide utility (ie mitigation cds besides life cocoon) we rely on our HPS to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Anyone with the infinite chalice willing to confirm as to whether or not the heal benefits from the 20% bonus from SotWS? If you need help figuring it out, please PM me with your character's armory and the version of the trinket you have. Cheers guys
    if i remember correctly there was a trinket in wrath that would heal a random person that benefited from the one shaman talent, so if blizz keeps to the same logic SotWS should benefit it as well?

Deleted
    That was Althor's Abacus, it also was effected by the Valithria buff. Thing is, it's a completely different system, I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed it and I'm a bit hesitant to assume it hasn't.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not that we aren't working as a team. Its that we want to compete with each other to see who can be at the top, which pushes to play better overall. During progression fights, my healing team doesn't really try to top meters, we are usually more focused on the fight. But during non-progression fights, we get so bored that we need something to keep it interesting and topping the meters is the way for us to do it while still keeping the raid alive. Sometimes we take bets saying who is going to top the next fight we are going into. Being competitive is fun, why are the DPS the only ones that can be competitive with meters? Hell, even our tanks try to compete with each other for damage/DPS.

Regardless, I did not want to see if I did more HPS than him in one fight or another, I was more interested in seeing his playstyle and gearing choices and compare it to my own so I could learn from it and decide if it could improve me or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I'm assuming you mean lightning-imbued chalice?

1.2*99,288=119,145 So I'm guessing that it does.

Deleted
    Thanks a tonne, I don't suppose you've done any fights recently with it equipped? I know the new proc rate is somewhere around 6 RPPM, my best guess is probably 6.3 RPPM but I can't tell until someone tests it with 0 haste for maybe 10 minutes or so.

Deleted
    Nope, I've done no fights with it equipped since the change .

Apparently topping meters is the only way to show that you know how to play the class for some people. Getting a rank amongst other players of the same spec is nice, topping meters is completely irrelevant since there are too many variables mainly raid damage taken, healer composition, etc. I can tell you now that the best mistweaver around is probably Apku and he doesn't top meters, but he can put in awesome throughput when the raid demands it which is basically our main role as mistweavers.
    Yeah, this is how I feel as well.I always try to maximize my throughput on every encounter, but I realize that there are just to many factors as you say. HPS meters just don't work the same as DPS meters.

I really find myself looking at the avoidable damage meter(data) more than anything lately.

Thanks for the guide! It clarified a few things for me

Deleted
    4 piece seems to be bugged, whenever I use it the healing done by my next Surging Mists is doubled (it's as if the effect lingers for 5~ seconds or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    4 piece seems to be bugged, whenever I use it the healing done by my next Surging Mists is doubled (it's as if the effect lingers for 5~ seconds or something).
    So all of your SrM within those 5 seconds benefit from TfT? Please share, I'm too bad to get 4 set :P

Deleted
    So all of your SrM within those 5 seconds benefit from TfT? Please share, I'm too bad to get 4 set :P
    Seems like it.

Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed by Chi Torpedo -sometimes- heals twice? Sometimes heals once.

Deleted
    Does it work the same for uplift?

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 12:03 AM ----------

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa get shat on discipline

15+ Year Old Account
    This is off-topic but we got new mods? we used to have just 2-3 but now we have 5? I never have seen 5 mods for just one class, whats the deal?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    A few are probably inactive

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions on trinkets? Tsulong(H) vs Will(H) vs Horridon(H) vs Lei Shen(N) vs Valor

All non-upgraded. At the moment, I'm doing fine with about 10k passive spirit, Valor trinket and Upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji.

What trinkets should I be going for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    Opinions on trinkets? Tsulong(H) vs Will(H) vs Horridon(H) vs Lei Shen(N) vs Valor

All non-upgraded. At the moment, I'm doing fine with about 10k passive spirit, Valor trinket and Upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji.

What trinkets should I be going for?
    Valor + Horridon (H)

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:25 PM ----------

Swap out valor for Lei Shen (N) in fights with a large amount of damage income.