So i put in your stat weights and it wants me to gem int/haste. But ive also heard Crit is better? Or is it not anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

I only lose about 2% crit so it doesnt seem to be to much

Quote Originally Posted by Hæmon View Post
    So i put in your stat weights and it wants me to gem int/haste. But ive also heard Crit is better? Or is it not anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

I only lose about 2% crit so it doesnt seem to be to much
    You should have some haste gems and some crit gems (not differentiating between orange or yellow colors here, i.e. ignoring whether it's int/haste or pure haste // int/crit or pure crit). If it's all one kind, something's fucky.

Example: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...louth/advanced
    (Be sure to check the "gems" section to the bottom left of the avatar, too, for clarity.)
    As you can see, the character sheet (tiger stance) haste rating is just above 12154, which is one of the breakpoints.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-07-02 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Depends if you cast it on hostile or friendly target.. Chi Wave is a smart heal usually in 5 man you just do it on tank all the time.
    Ah that's what I wanted to know, thank you. I wasn't sure if it jumped from friendly target to hostile target and could pull local packs of mobs. Maybe I just didn't read the spell text properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Ah that's what I wanted to know, thank you. I wasn't sure if it jumped from friendly target to hostile target and could pull local packs of mobs. Maybe I just didn't read the spell text properly.
    It does bounce to hostile targets, but it will not bounce to any hostile target you are not in combat with (working similarly to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48505 in that respect). (Unless you specifically target that enemy, or maybe PvP)
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-07-04 at 07:16 PM.

Very nice guide thank you

See the thing im noticing about MWs is that almost every1 has different ways to do it. i actually used to run with the Enduring spheres but then was told not to use it xD
    It's much more valuable in 25 man environment and with 2pc T16, it is pretty much a mandatory glyph then.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Im raiding 25m for the first time tonight anything I should change?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ungfu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    Im raiding 25m for the first time tonight anything I should change?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ungfu/advanced
    If you have Thok's Trinket, replace Nazgrim's with it.

I dont have that trinket is everything good except that?

I couldn't find anything wrong with your toon.

Can someone glance at these logs and tell me if our MW is doing anything subpar on Garrosh? His HPS/overall healing seems to be much lower than what I think it should be, even with the disc priest we have.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...5&type=healing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    Can someone glance at these logs and tell me if our MW is doing anything subpar on Garrosh? His HPS/overall healing seems to be much lower than what I think it should be, even with the disc priest we have.

Usual answers come to mind:
    - Check Renewing Mist uptime (37 casts in 9min 02secs => one cast every 14-15secs, that spell has a 8sec CD)
    - He only used his 3min CD (Revival) once in that whole fight. I understand wanting to hold on to it for emergencies... but after a decent amount of tries he should know when things get hectic. Same goes for Life Cocoon and Fortifying Brew.
    - I don't see any potion(s) ?

Even on 25H I find that the Thok trinket does REALLY bad HPS on some fights. Like half that of Nazgrim. So this is not necessarily good advice. When you get it, swap it in instead of Nazgrim for fights where the raid is generally kind of clumped. For example, I find the cleave trinket does pretty poorly on Nazgrim: people are running all over, generally not staying together, even melee, and damage is only on a couple few people who aren't going to be all next to each other.

If you don't have it, Nazgrim and the two Amp trinkets are fine. Avoid the Samophlange; the passive int isn't really worth the shitty spirit proc.

Besides trinkets and Mastery>Spirit (which is better in 10H can vary somewhat, not saying it's necessarily Spirit>Mastery), 25H gearing isn't different from 10H.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Usual answers come to mind:
    - Check Renewing Mist uptime (37 casts in 9min 02secs => one cast every 14-15secs, that spell has a 8sec CD)
    - He only used his 3min CD (Revival) once in that whole fight. I understand wanting to hold on to it for emergencies... but after a decent amount of tries he should know when things get hectic. Same goes for Life Cocoon and Fortifying Brew.
    - I don't see any potion(s) ?
    Seconded. ReM usage is 54.6% (percentage of fight that the spell is on cooldown). Anything below 75% is awful. Should aim to be 80%+ on (at least almost) every pull to call yourself decent. That's not to say it should be casted on cooldown LITERALLY always, but pretty much almost always -- you only delay it if e.g. you need to Surging Mist someone in particular who's dying (when the rest of the raid isn't dying) to save their life (and then cast ReM right after), or if you're trying to push DPS to the exclusion of HPS.

Can someone explain why it's better for a fistweaver to use a spellpower weapon instead of a melee weapon? It seems like all of my damaging melee abilities and expel harm hits twice as hard with Hellscream's Pig Sticker (an agi weapon) instead of Hellscream's War Staff (an int-SP weapon), which should lead to double the healing done... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Can someone explain why it's better for a fistweaver to use a spellpower weapon instead of a melee weapon? It seems like all of my damaging melee abilities and expel harm hits twice as hard with Hellscream's Pig Sticker (an agi weapon) instead of Hellscream's War Staff (an int-SP weapon), which should lead to double the healing done... right?
    Because fistweaving is awful, you'd do more damage channeling CJL. On top of that you wouldn't be completely gimping all of your other heals at the same time.

So as far as the 4 set goes for MWs is it worth getting? currently im wanting to use my Warforged chest with crit on it from Ordos but i will break my 4 set if i do. But it gives me more haste and crit so im not sure :/
    Since nobody answered you I will. Go ahead and use the highest ilvl for MW especially if it a piece that has crit, this happens a lot in raiding where you will get a boomy piece that's actually better than a 4 set. I have a heroic warforged piece in my hands with crit that are a big upgrade. just google my name if u wanna see my armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post

Besides what others said, your Monk is also casting Thunder Focus Tea at the wrong times, which could be a pretty major factor in your raid's survival. He's using it half way through the whirling corruption, when he should be doing it in preparation, a few seconds before it begins so that he can have RnM on the whole group and full chi ready to spam Uplifts on the move. Get him to use it near the beginning of the Annihilate phase, and then it's perfectly off CD in time for a few sec before the first whirling, and then the same for every single other whirling. Chi Brew should be the one he casts mid-whirling.

Other than that, he's focusing on DPS quite a lot which does nerf healing, so if you don't want him doing that (if people are dying to healable stuff/you're making dps checks easily), just tell him so. But outside whirling corruptions there's genuinely not much to heal, so his DPS can help you if he's being smart about it.
    And if he's gonna DPS, he is missing out on some free healing, by not always keeping his serpent statue in range of the group/replacing it after transitions. Eg on your longest try, he doesn't have it up during transition 1 Annihilates, while he's spending a lot of his time eminence healing there. His healing done % for "Eminence" and "Eminence (Statue)" should be fairly close together. I'd suggest him a weak aura to remind when the statue's not up.

Couple other things I noticed from your wipes (unrelated to his HPS):
    - His survivability isn't bad in general, but his defensive CD use seems kinda odd to me. What's he using Dampen Harm for? I'd talent Diffuse Magic (90% reduction instead of just 50% for 3 hits), and use it for Iron Star hit #2 (Zen Med the 1st), then every other whirling corruption, alternated with Fortifying Brew (we sit on our arses during transition 2, which helps get CDs back. So I can do whirlings with Diff - Fort - Diff - Diff - Fort - Diff). Basically he should never be without a beefy CD for the big damage phases, so he can avoid those deaths he's getting from iron star/whirlings.

- Tell your dps not to put big DoTs on MC targets. Just to name a couple, your hunter's leaving Explosive Shot DoTs and your bear tank is putting Thrash bleeds on people, those can both tick really bloody hard after MC is broken - Make sure they don't use those abilities if you want to avoid MC deaths.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Since nobody answered you I will. Go ahead and use the highest ilvl for MW especially if it a piece that has crit, this happens a lot in raiding where you will get a boomy piece that's actually better than a 4 set. I have a heroic warforged piece in my hands with crit that are a big upgrade. just google my name if u wanna see my armory.
    This has been answered several times in this thread and you are wrong, 6 ilvl on 2 very slightly better itemized pieces doesn't make up in the slightest for the 3-3.5% healing the 4 piece provides.

EDIT: just realized I had in fact already answered the same post you quoted with the same answer I'm giving you.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2014-08-06 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Okay here I go; What combination of the following pieces would you recommend using on -->my monk<-- in our 10-heroic alt runs (clearing 12/14):

Head:
    Darkfang Mask (4/4)
    Helm of Seven Sacred Seals (0/4)

Gloves:
    Handwraps of Seven Sacred Seals (0/4)
    Crimson Gauntlets of Death (4/4)

Legs:
    Shado-Pan Reliquary Kilt (0/4)
    Legwraps of Seven Sacred Seals (4/4)

I have 1k valors to spend on upgrading.

Personally I'd go for the 4 piece. Also your reforging is really bad, there is no reason not to reforge out of spirit on literally every piece. Maybe you could make a case for a spirit mastery piece but only on 10 man. This is also making your haste absurdly low for your ilvl.