Tonight hopefully we are doing blackfuse heroic Progress on 10man for the first time in like months. Normally heal with a MW monk (me) and Disco priest.

Question: Do you think its better me coming on my 578 disc priest instead and we 2 x disco the boss than bothering to bring the 584ilvl MW for progress? - Just want to make the fight easier for our first kill, p.s. I am aware we are massively overgearing the fight.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMonk View Post
    Tonight hopefully we are doing blackfuse heroic Progress on 10man for the first time in like months. Normally heal with a MW monk (me) and Disco priest.

Question: Do you think its better me coming on my 578 disc priest instead and we 2 x disco the boss than bothering to bring the 584ilvl MW for progress? - Just want to make the fight easier for our first kill, p.s. I am aware we are massively overgearing the fight.
    A MW can certainly do any progression fight. If you've done the other fights with this comp there isn't anything inherent about SCB that would make a MW obsolete.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMonk View Post

Bring disc for mitigation and MW for throughput. I used a Disc/MW comp on 10 man Scrafter progression and it worked out really well. MW is not bad for 10 man imo. You don't get selected for saw blades and laser beam because you're considered a melee so you don't even have to deal with those mechanics and can focus on healing throughput instead of having to bother with that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    A MW can certainly do any progression fight. If you've done the other fights with this comp there isn't anything inherent about SCB that would make a MW obsolete.
    Viable and strong are not the same thing. If you bring a MW to 25H undergeared Klaxxi progression, you're going to have a bad time. You might eventually kill it, but you're going to have a bad time.

I strongly disagree with you on that geodew, especially after the fiery lines nerfs, numbers wise you are not going to win the meters obviously but on that fight I always feel like I pull off a lot of clutch saves, you have the advantage of not being targeted by amber/mesmerize/death from above, you can help out on the DPS checks, you provide utility through soaking/resets/cc on parasites and bloods. The clutch saves is the most important though, since it's a fight that's all about managing to not be bad and die (while meeting the DPS requirements), and we are pretty good on the saving baddies department.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I strongly disagree with you on that geodew, especially after the fiery lines nerfs, numbers wise you are not going to win the meters obviously but on that fight I always feel like I pull off a lot of clutch saves, you have the advantage of not being targeted by amber/mesmerize/death from above, you can help out on the DPS checks, you provide utility through soaking/resets/cc on parasites and bloods. The clutch saves is the most important though, since it's a fight that's all about managing to not be bad and die (while meeting the DPS requirements), and we are pretty good on the saving baddies department.
    -Absorbs are much better for keeping people alive because mistakes come close to 1-shots on that fight even with high ilvl. Glyph of Surging Mist doesn't help much there comparatively; once they've survived the spike, you have some time to get them back up. In other words, anything it does, absorbs would do better. My guild sees a noticeable difference in survivability of the entire raid when they switch me for a good Disc, anyway.
    -Was not aware of (or completely forgot about?) any numbers nerf to Firey Edge, but I recall Affiniti saying that he switched to Resto Druid for the kill because the raid was dying to Firey Edge when he got unlucky with ReMs, and that the DPS he brought as a Mistweaver wasn't helping in the slightest.

I'm under the impression that it is majority opinion that the two fights we're worst at are Nazgrim and Klaxxi. I gave Klaxxi as an example since it's much harder, and 25man since 10man has a bit more control with ReM.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-09-08 at 09:08 AM.

Greater coverage and your dps making more of an impact in 10m helps with that a lot. Obviously in current gear it won't matter *as much* and it can also vary depending on your raid comp and cooldowns to cover it (if you've got enough for 3 raid cds per fire line it won't be *too* bad). 25m the dps done isn't as significant and ReM coverage is even lower with TFT only being up every other one (TFT has a 45 second cd while Fire lines are roughly 30).

When they did the bunch of targeted nerfs, 25 man Iyyokkuk's fire lines on heroic were one of the things hit by it.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

10+ Year Old Account
    I need some advice, yesterday i dropped Spoils Legs HC WF, now i have HCWF Garrosh shoulder + 4 tier pieces (HC), do you u think i have to lose 4pc bonus for that legs?

short answer: no, long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Geodew is right, our progression healing team was 2 disc, 1 paladin and 1 druid.. benched mistweavers and shamans for this fight as absorbs are just too good.

Or course, we were talking of 555 ilvl, not 575.

Absorbs can save you from Rapid Fire and Death From Above 1 shot mechanic.. which, let's face it, is kind of useful in progression.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    short answer: no, long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    short answer: seconded
    long answer: Those pants aren't great, and Mist Wave can do decent healing compared to what you'd gain (it's a bit RNG but does more HPS on fights with uneven raid damage which is what we suck at so it helps slightly with our weakness)

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Geodew is right, our progression healing team was 2 disc, 1 paladin and 1 druid.. benched mistweavers and shamans for this fight as absorbs are just too good.

Or course, we were talking of 555 ilvl, not 575.

Absorbs can save you from Rapid Fire and Death From Above 1 shot mechanic.. which, let's face it, is kind of useful in progression.
    Not to mention Spirit Shell on the Aim group, building absorbs before Firey Edge whereas MW is like "woops too many absorbs on half my ReM targets"... we could go on, here

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Not to mention Spirit Shell on the Aim group, building absorbs before Firey Edge whereas MW is like "woops too many absorbs on half my ReM targets"... we could go on, here
    We had rogues, we didn't need it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Viable and strong are not the same thing. If you bring a MW to 25H undergeared Klaxxi progression, you're going to have a bad time. You might eventually kill it, but you're going to have a bad time.
    Sounds like my old guild's first kill back in February. I was in it for like 100 wipes. I don't think we ever got past killing the fiery lines guy. They bring a trial paladin in there because I had a birthday dinner to go to, and then they killed it within 5 hours. Yay absorbs.

Then the guild died, and I just didn't even bother trying to find another progression guild just because of how much that left a bad taste in my mouth.