Thread: Pvp Geming BM

Pvp Geming BM

Just wondering, would it be better to use the red gem that gives you 160 Agility or the orange one that gives you 80 agility and 160 mastery? Also what is a better stat, agility or pvp power? I use green gems that give me pvp power and mastery together, would it be just better to use a straight pvp power gem? Sorry I can't remember the names of these gems.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally gem a mix of Agi/PvP resil. Against top tier teams, you're likely to get trained into the ground. With the amount of burst that some classes can do, and our lack (and I say this loosely, because I know someone will come here and try to argue with me) of defensive cooldowns, I think damage mitigation is the way to go. Resilience is also more effective per point.

I'll be swapping to Agi/Resil Serpent's Eyes when they're available in the next patch.

Note: I'm currently reforged mostly for Marks, as that's my preferred spec (although BM is definitely better right now).
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

I just checked my gear and I calculated that 1 pvp power gives you about 9% more dps than 1 agility does.

I personally try to stack as much resilience and pvp power as possible while fitting in the two JC 320 stat agility gems as well.

Against spell cleaves or KFC, hunters either get trained or swapped to after readiness deterrence.

Thus, red socket = 80 agi 160 resi, blue = 160 pvp power 160 resi, yellow socket is just 320 resi.

You'll die equally as fast if you gem resilience than if you don't. I gem PvP Power on my blues, Agi/Crit on my yellows and straight up agility on reds. Some people prefer PvP Power but I personally like the extra crit. It's not game breaking either way.

PS. I play MM
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2013-01-15 at 01:50 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

I've decided never to use straight Agility red gems, why use 160 agility gem when I can use 80 agility plus 160 mastery gem? You waste 80 points by just using straight 160 agility gem. Also I have been stacking pvp power and mastery rather then agiltiy, my master is over 40% and my pet tears things up with kill command and blink strike not to mention my mastery jumps up to 50% when my spirit pet uses its speical ability whatever it is called. I have a healer with me so i dont use any pvp resilience gems.
    Last edited by Scum bucket; 2013-01-15 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum bucket View Post
    I've decided never to use straight Agility red gems, why use 160 agility gem when I can use 80 agility plus 160 mastery gem? You waste 80 points by just using straight 160 agility gem. Also I have been stacking pvp power and mastery rather then agiltiy, my master is over 40% and my pet tears things up with kill command and blink strike not to mention my mastery jumps up to 50% when my spirit pet uses its speical ability whatever it is called. I have a healer with me so i dont use any pvp resilience gems.
    Idk if you are replying to me but in case you are. Because I'm MM and BM sucks.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Resil is the only option for actual PvP, go armory any decent hunter

Yellow: Resil
    Red: Resil/Agi
    Blue: Resil/Power

Even going -10% stun reduc meta is a good option

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Resil is the only option for actual PvP, go armory any decent hunter

Yellow: Resil
    Red: Resil/Agi
    Blue: Resil/Power

Even going -10% stun reduc meta is a good option
    I second this statement. Resil is the way to go. On a quick switch and your healer is CC'd you'll drop pretty damn fast. Frost mage, S priest tears shit up
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.