Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
62
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Sorry but I prefer facts over playing on emotions.

    I know that more people die each year from hammers over assault weapons.
    I know that more people die each year from knives over assault rifles.
    I know that our Government, as authorized by Obama, has killed more children with drone strikes than every mass shooter in the last ten years.
    I know that Chicago has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country and some of the highest rates of gun violence.
    I know that I can turn on the news, on any given night, and see felons arrested on gun charges when the law says they shouldn't even be able to buy a gun.

    Obama spent thirty minutes pimping out children and pointing the finger of blame on the Republicans. (Much like you are now.) However he never addressed the disparity between the way he paints assault rifles and the reality of gun-violence.
    lets not forget the fast and furious debacle that directly caused the death of a federal agent and who knows how many others over the border.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You must've been on some other planet when George W Bush junior was president.
    The ONLY thing Obama has done different from Bush is abuse the power of Executive Order more. Obama hasn't shut down gitmo. He's ending the wars on Bush's time-table, mostly. He enacted a plan set-up by the Bush administration when it came to killing Bin Laden.

    And anyone that really thinks their is a sizable difference between Republicans and Democrats is laughable at best. Their both just as corrupt and abusive.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Bush administration started an illegal war by executive order, turned a successful economy into one of the worst nose dives we've seen in decades, made a laughing stock of America and its people, took away more freedoms and liberties than any president in history (Patriot Act anyone?) and systematically destroyed most of the good will our government had with other countries.

    But sure, Obama cleaning up that mess has made him the worst president ever.
    You do know Obama has had 4 years to fix the "injustices" right? What exactly has he done except take more away? He delivered on none of his "promises" other than healthcare at the cost of middle america.

    Personally I think both were/are just as bad. They are donkeys of a different color, but donkeys nonetheless.

  4. #224
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,402
    I'm sorry... but it seems that some Americans believe they deserve more rights than they should.

    The government isn't trying to destroy you. Grow up and stop talking like a moron.

    Received infraction.

    ~Badpaladin
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-01-16 at 08:47 PM.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    The ONLY thing Obama has done different from Bush is abuse the power of Executive Order more. Obama hasn't shut down gitmo. He's ending the wars on Bush's time-table, mostly. He enacted a plan set-up by the Bush administration when it came to killing Bin Laden.

    And anyone that really thinks their is a sizable difference between Republicans and Democrats is laughable at best. Their both just as corrupt and abusive.
    You forgot Barry attacking Libya without congressional approval.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    if you cant deffend your self with 10 rounds then it was meant to be.
    The truth has been spoken. Love it.

    My only problem with assault weapon regulations is that a lot of them are regulations and bans on cosmetic features.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    lets not forget the fast and furious debacle that directly caused the death of a federal agent and who knows how many others over the border.
    I covered that in a previous post but, yes, I do find the irony in it amusing. The same Federal Government that abused the gun-show loopholes to knowingly sell assault weapons to drug cartels, is now complaining about the loop-holes it abused.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    You forgot Barry attacking Libya without congressional approval.
    You forgot Bush INVADING Iraq without a declaration of war...just saying if we are going to be hypocrites here do it right. How about Clinton bombing Malosovich?
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  9. #229
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,851
    the QQ about "OBARMA TAKIN MEH GUNZ!!!111" is just... precious...

    anyways well done mr president, sounds like a good foundation for the future.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no such thing as a "slippery slope", that's just a fearmongering buzzword that effectively boils down to "I don't actually have any valid argument against what you're saying, but if I make up a bunch of garbage about how I think things might go in the future, I can pretend you were talking about those wild baseless fantasies rather than your actual argument that I can't find any legitimate issue with".

    In practice, any argument that includes the words "slippery slope" as support/justification can be totally and completely discarded. They have as much validity as saying "yes, but if we were all pandas . . ."
    Actually, I disagree with this. One change can most certainly lead to other changes. The initial change often has to overcome the greatest psychological barriers, and after that the next changes are more incremental and easier to accept.

    Conservatives would probably point to things like gay rights. Society became more and more accepting of it, and laws are being passed (or removed) to give them more equality. They could argue that this was indeed a slippery slope from a misguided initial sense of fairness towards gays.

    But as my example shows, not everyone will think that these slippery slopes are actually bad things. Once you can get past the initial (and often mostly emotional) resistance to a change, then it's easier for people to accept what they likely know is right or reasonable, and you can get to a better place overall.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You forgot Bush INVADING Iraq without a declaration of war...just saying if we are going to be hypocrites here do it right. How about Clinton bombing Malosovich?
    Hopelessly clueless.

    Bush had congressional consent.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Use is irrelevant. Their design, their purpose is for one thing and one thing alone.

    Let me ask you, a maybe extreme but salient question that will make my point. Would you be okay with oil companies detonating nuclear explosives underground, routinely , in order to enable the search for oil and shale gas? Because strictly speaking, there is no difference between a nuclear explosion and a chemical explosion besides the scale and the composition of the explosive (that causes radiation and all that). If a miner or an oil company uses TNT, shouldn't it be okay they legally and safely use Plutonium based explosives as well?

    Under your line of reasoning it would be perfectly rationale because even though Nuclear Weapons are the ultimate source of any nuclear explosion, because they were being used for a peaceful purpose and not for war, they would be okay.

    So I ask you, would you be okay if say, BP started looking for oil deep underground in your county by blow up cavities using a nuclear bomb a mile underground? Would you be fine having your children drink that water? Would you be fine living above those sites?

    Because unless you're making a special exception for nuclear bombs because they are nuclear bombs and it's self-evident how dangerous they are no matter their use, then you absolutely have to be okay with it.

    That should demonstrate the insanity of your point. There is no such thing is a completely responsible gun owner just the same as there is no such thing as a a completely responsible Gas and Oil company armed with nuclear explosives for peaceful purposes. You think you're responsible by locking up your guns? A pissed off teenager, or hell and adventurous one could look up on the internet how to pick it with a fork and a wire in a couple of minutes. Or hell if he's lazy, he can use buy a lockpicking kit on Ebay.

    You're basically saying that because Gun Owners are responsible, gun ownership should be permissible because their purpose is not that of war. Are you ready for their to be Private Business Oriented Nuclear Explosion? Or what about more realistically, Private drones?
    Your view is seriously skewed. Your example has zero relevance in comparing handguns or any gun to what you are describing. That is ludricious the environmental agencies would never okay that because it would be toxic and release radiation which is lethal to masses. Also, while nuclear weapons are designed to kill we use nuclear power facilities just fine. They provide us with power and keep us all happy.
    Most handguns and firearms that are available to the general public are designed for sport and leisure. It doesn't matter that predecesors or other models and designs are used in war. We use our guns as a hobby.
    Gun owners are extremely responsible thats why we have gun lockers, gun locks, safeties, training, shooting ranges, and safety seminars every year. You say pissed off teens can pick the locks etc...have you ever tried to pick a lock on a gun locker or a locking mechanism on say a pistol? Good luck.
    Oh one more thing...handguns don't cause monumental dmg to the environment and pose a risk to water, food, shelter etc.

  13. #233
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Sorry but I prefer facts over playing on emotions.

    I know that more people die each year from hammers over assault weapons.
    I know that more people die each year from knives over assault rifles.
    I know that our Government, as authorized by Obama, has killed more children with drone strikes than every mass shooter in the last ten years.
    I know that Chicago has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country and some of the highest rates of gun violence.
    I know that I can turn on the news, on any given night, and see felons arrested on gun charges when the law says they shouldn't even be able to buy a gun.

    Obama spent thirty minutes pimping out children and pointing the finger of blame on the Republicans. (Much like you are now.) However he never addressed the disparity between the way he paints assault rifles and the reality of gun-violence.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state

    Please... Don't say you "know" something when you don't.

    Those numbers are from the FBI.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    I'm sorry... but it seems that some Americans believe they deserve more rights than they should.

    The government isn't trying to destroy you. Grow up and stop talking like a moron.
    I don't complain about Canada. Don't take shots at the US. Especially when you're complaints are, at best, uneducated.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    That is the Second Amendment, part of our Bill of Rights. It is a document the President swears to uphold and protect. Notice the "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

    So where you complain that we "believe" we have too many rights, it's mostly because that document SAYS we have those rights.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    I'm sorry... but it seems that some Americans believe they deserve more rights than they should.

    The government isn't trying to destroy you. Grow up and stop talking like a moron.
    I don't believe I am entitled to anymore rights than my Constitution affords. If those rights you were born into were being threatened, you wouldn't be concerned?

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state

    Please... Don't say you "know" something when you don't.

    Those numbers are from the FBI.
    Learn to read, not all guns are assault weapons (whatever the hell those are).

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    Proper training? Just shoot the assholes, not very hard to do. Then when they are down shoot them some more just to be sure. Reload if necessary. If they try to surrender, shoot them anyways. We dont need some hotshot defense lawyer trying to get them off. If they do make it out alive and get a lawyer, shoot him.

  18. #238
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I don't complain about Canada. Don't take shots at the US. Especially when you're complaints are, at best, uneducated.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    That is the Second Amendment, part of our Bill of Rights. It is a document the President swears to uphold and protect. Notice the "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

    So where you complain that we "believe" we have too many rights, it's mostly because that document SAYS we have those rights.
    Apparently you didn't read that first line of the amendment. Which well regulated militia are you a part of? The decision in 2008 was bullshit.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo View Post
    I don't believe I am entitled to anymore rights than my Constitution affords. If those rights you were born into were being threatened, you wouldn't be concerned?
    Like everything else, it would depend on why and how.

  20. #240
    Do we really need to bring the gun discussion here, when this is about the 23 proposed measures, none of which has anything to do with the assault weapons ban, but rather gun rights friendly proposals? We already have 3 threads about gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unfortunately for you, dictionaries are not authorities on the definitions of words.
    Ezekiel 23:20, Ezekiel 16:49-50, Mark 10:25, James 5:1-6, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 19:21, Numbers 5:11-31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •