Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    This.

    Even the conservative supreme court justices said that the second amendment only applies to militia (aka the military) and thus why it is illegal for civilians to own fully automatic military grade weapons.

    It's already been well established by the supreme court and others that the second amendment doesn't fully extend to common civlians, but rather they have decided to allow civilians to bear arms based on the fact that the second amendment was established to allow for protection of the people, and self protection is a part of that.

    I do believe people need to learn their civics a bit better before coming here and shouting RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

    Also, I've said this a lot, but nobody has EVER replied to it. I'd like for SOMEONE to recite the 27 amendments to the constitution from memory (not looking it up). I doubt many of the gun nuts know more than the first, second, and fifth amendments.

    Heck, if someone could tell me which amendment REPEALS a previously enacted amendment (from memory, not looking it up), I'd give you a gold star.
    18th was Prohibition, 21st repealed it, followed by the 22nd that limited presidential terms... I dont want the gold star, I'd prefer you to actually be honest and stop attacking your opposition.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  2. #442
    I am Murloc! Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Your fighting an uphill battle dude. Some of the people here are either willfully ignorant or trolling. Don't stress yourself with them. You'll live longer. XD
    hmmm? oh i have WoW up on another screen. i just pop in every so often, and trust me i don't EVER put much care into forums of any form. if i did i don't think id be here today...... and it really is fun to point at people and say. YOUR WRONG! when you know its true. helps warm the heart.

  3. #443
    Keyboard Turner Adolecent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands (EU)
    Posts
    9
    ... made a laughing stock of America and its people ...
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are. Fighting over some 300 years old constitution while children have been shot dead about a month ago.

    tip: go online and check US crime figures compared to civilised countries and weep people, something is very VERY wrong with ur "greatest nation on earth..."

  4. #444
    Not a conservative opinion

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are.
    You can't even imagine how little I give a fuck what the Dutch think of the US.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are. Fighting over some 300 years old constitution while children have been shot dead about a month ago.

    tip: go online and check US crime figures compared to civilised countries and weep people, something is very VERY wrong with ur "greatest nation on earth..."
    Aside from Homicides, which are by and large in isolated areas of cities with poor minorities away from everyone else, we aren't very bad.

    http://www.civitas.org.uk/crime/crim...ecdjan2012.pdf

    Note the trends

    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, this certainly sounds like a waste of money.
    The money is already available to the schools. They're just allowing schools to put money towards such whatever measures they need to do.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The money is already available to the schools. They're just allowing schools to put money towards such whatever measures they need to do.
    I'm referring to the totality of the measures. For example:

    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    I think those are strikingly unlikely to be particularly useful.

  9. #449
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    just because you think its "unfair" doesnt mean its not true. there is innocent blood on the hands of gun lobbyists.
    Actually, the innocent blood is on the hands of the CT courts that prevented Adam Lanza from being committed to a psych hospital, like his mother and guardian asked for.

    Try again.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, the innocent blood is on the hands of the CT courts that prevented Adam Lanza from being committed to a psych hospital, like his mother and guardian asked for.

    Try again.
    Alternatively, blood's on no one's hands but Lanza's, since we can't just jail everyone who has a guardian that thinks they're nuts. These events are rare and unpredictable, they're really not much of a problem.

  11. #451
    "I can't own a gun this is the worst year ever!"

    "Oh wait I can own a gun."

    "WELL FUCK THE PRESIDENT I MUCH PREFER RACIST BIGOTED PRESIDENTS!"

  12. #452
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Oh jeebus, do we really need to bring the ridiculous conspiracy theories into this?
    Seems reasonable to expose dishonesty and hypocrisy anywhere it exists. if its fair to demonize the pro-gun folks, then its just as fair to demonize and expose those that willfully exploit the victims.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #453
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    21,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So wait, first you say "well Gates V. Illinois voided Aguilar-Spinelli" and now you're linking to shit about Aguilar-Spinelli.
    By broadening the grounds for probable cause.

    If it satisfies Aguilar-Spinelli, it's still valid today. They can also use grounds that DON'T meet that bar. "Totality-of-circumstances" is a broader, looser category, not a more restrictive one; it made it easier to get a warrant, not more difficult.

    Plus, you're ignoring those other sources that directly contradict you, and citing stuff from that one source which does not corroborate your claim.

    You're wrong about hearsay and probable cause. And you're wrong in implying that they couldn't search houses for illegal weapons, which again, was your original claim.

  14. #454
    I feel maybe that all our debt was designed on purpose to destroy us. That would make the mega banks the secret rulers. Obama could be nothing but a front man, therefor all this blame on the president would mean you're falling for their trap quite nicely. The president just does as hes told and when everyone hates how things are going they just move in a new puppet to blame it on, then the real people never get caught. In this case he was reelected because people are so oblivious, and want more handouts. I actually believe the Democrat Republican system is just a scam that people dont realize yet to give americans the illusion of choice. There for we always fight amongst ourselves when everything inevitably goes bad by design. They're both controlled by the same higher power which isnt exposed to the public. Even if you think im crazy just think, if we could go back and reverse each nominated candidate and choose the opposite political party, we would have the same results. Time to get the real people behind everything out of there, they are destroying this country to take over it and when they have the guns its over. I know they arent banning them right now its a slow type of salami slicer process. Takes forever but its a guaranteed take over. So basically Obama and Romney were both puppets put in by who really controls our country. Most polls show Romney actually won but they can make Obama win through election fraud. Romney was just a place holder to look like the one that should have saved the country. Just gives people another 4 years to blame who should have voted for who when it does not matter at all. They were both nothing but puppets and the longer people believe in this left right stuff and think the president is the one behind how things are run, just keep arguing a meaningless battle while the real rulers sit back and laugh.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Alternatively, blood's on no one's hands but Lanza's, since we can't just jail everyone who has a guardian that thinks they're nuts. These events are rare and unpredictable, they're really not much of a problem.
    20 dead children and 6 dead adults certainly are a problem.

    These executive orders are steps in the right direction.

    The "no way in hell this is going to pass" assault weapons ban wasn't, and I really wish Obama had left that shit out of the speech regarding this, but nobody is perfect.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  16. #456
    Warchief Templar 331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Waycross, GA
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Not a conservative opinion
    Lost me at 4:00. Intro was lame too. But he does seem like he understands the gun situation and politics.

  17. #457
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This is good.

    None should EVER have an assault weapon for example, you do NOT need a WAR designed weapon.
    *snip*
    ... yea right? why don't you buy a Lookheed Martin F 22 Raptor too?
    I'd love an F22, problem is I dont have the training to use it, like I have the training to use my current collection of weapons, and, I dont have a safe place to store the F22, I DO have a safe place for my current collection of weapons.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  18. #458
    Brewmaster slackjawsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tell me! where am i!
    Posts
    1,343
    im really curious what the practical use for an assault weapon is other then defending yourself which during something like a home intrusion can protect you from, not like you can take an assault weapon into town. if a mad man was able to get a gun id rather him have a handgun over an assault rifle
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

  19. #459
    Warchief Hastings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    I feel maybe that all our debt was designed on purpose to destroy us. That would make the mega banks the secret rulers. Obama could be nothing but a front man, therefor all this blame on the president would mean you're falling for their trap quite nicely. The president just does as hes told and when everyone hates how things are going they just move in a new puppet to blame it on, then the real people never get caught. In this case he was reelected because people are so oblivious, and want more handouts. I actually believe the Democrat Republican system is just a scam that people dont realize yet to give americans the illusion of choice. There for we always fight amongst ourselves when everything inevitably goes bad by design. They're both controlled by the same higher power which isnt exposed to the public. Even if you think im crazy just think, if we could go back and reverse each nominated candidate and choose the opposite political party, we would have the same results. Time to get the real people behind everything out of there, they are destroying this country to take over it and when they have the guns its over. I know they arent banning them right now its a slow type of salami slicer process. Takes forever but its a guaranteed take over. So basically Obama and Romney were both puppets put in by who really controls our country. Most polls show Romney actually won but they can make Obama win through election fraud. Romney was just a place holder to look like the one that should have saved the country. Just gives people another 4 years to blame who should have voted for who when it does not matter at all. They were both nothing but puppets and the longer people believe in this left right stuff and think the president is the one behind how things are run, just keep arguing a meaningless battle while the real rulers sit back and laugh.
    PS: Don't forget to wear your tin-foil had at all times.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Why in hell was there a cease of research into gun violence?
    In short, because the NRA and their allies on the Hill threatened to defund the Centers for Disease Control unless all the gun research stopped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •