Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Separation of church and state. Mean anything?
    It means that the government shall not force someone to be a certain religion or not. That phrase, however, appears nowhere in anything related to federal law, nor does it prevent the government from drawing up simple plans to deal with emergency situations (like mass shootings) at places where people congregate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    this is true. but as endus pointed out the outlying counties and districts do not have such laws. so whats keeping people from going to these places to buy guns? answer: nothing, not a damn thing.
    Exactly, unless you 100% wipe guns of the face of the planet (can't happen ), the bad guys will always be able to get guns.

So why take them away from the good guys that want to defend them selves?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That's because there are laws against owning poisonous snakes, and poisonous snakes do not often slither into schools and murder over 20 people in less than two minutes... let alone somebody today using a poisonous snake to murder children.
    So if we just get rid of the guns and then have a tyrannical government later where they kill millions including kids, thats the better way to go huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    And to counter Jon Sterwart's argument.
    I'm sick of this video. It is blatantly wrong and I see pro gun advocates pasting it everywhere as if Penn and Teller have any idea what they are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

New Orleans is the murder capital. Chicago is #16. Guess which city has less gun control.
    It should be noted that the south has more gun violence than any other quadrant of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    So if we just get rid of the guns and then have a tyrannical government later where they kill millions including kids, thats the better way to go huh?
    Why do you think small arms are going to defend you from an increasingly powerful federal military? Where is this psychological break happening?

All small arms are useful for is multiplying the force that can be brought upon other people with small arms.

The 23 items listed are completely reasonable.
    The page that was linked above...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa..._time_full.pdf

Is reasonable except for the proposed ban on semiautomatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons most definitely do not have a sporting purpose, but semi-automatic weapons are perfectly reasonable, as long as magazine capacity is limited. No argument can be made for having high capacity magazines.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can dictate the type of firearm I am allowed to own, and the capacity of the magazine that feeds my "murder machine", then I can tell you what vehicle you HAVE to drive and how much gas you're allowed. Fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    See my link. It's not true that Chicago is the murder capital of the US.
    You linked data from 2011. Not exactly up to date.Try again.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    You linked data from 2011. Not exactly up to date.Try again.
    How big is the disparity between 2011 and 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future, prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present.
    -John Stewart

We can't even begin to address 30,000 gun deaths that are actually, in reality, happening in this country every year - because a few of us must remain vigilant against the rise of imaginary Hitler.
    -John Stewart

Fast foward to 5:50 to get your full answer.
    Ok so isnt that part of media to stop people from worrying when they should be? they have faking hurrah and clapping and show some extremest? they want people like you to believe there is no threat. everyone that read history knows this is the beginning. you think the musket was a good talking point? that was military grade weaponry which we are supposed to have. now they are taking it away? send me one talking point that you think cant be agrued.

Exactly, unless you 100% wipe guns of the face of the planet (can't happen ), the bad guys will always be able to get guns.

So why take them away from the good guys that want to defend them selves?
    it's not taking away its making it harder for them to get their hands on a gun. looking up on a guy that want to buy a glok and seeing he has a conviction of a violent crime under his name doesn't keep YOU from it or take it away. it keep its away from him. we need to have gun laws in place that are nation wide. not, what we will look into here is not going to be looked at the next county/state over. and what is this about defending yourself? your home from a burglar or the government?

it's not taking away its making it harder for them to get their hands on a gun. looking up on a guy that want to buy a glok and seeing he has a conviction of a violent crime under his name doesn't keep YOU from it or take it away. it keep its away from him. we need to have gun laws in place that are nation wide. not, what we will look into here is not going to be looked at the next county/state over. and what is this about defending yourself? your home from a burglar or the government?
    Need to close the 'gun show loophole', and no, before people start whining, it isn't only about guns, it is about selling firearms without background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How big is the disparity between 2011 and 2012?
    I'll take that back. Now that i looked around it seems to be near the same. However, I was unable to find any truly credible source for last year.

Being one of the advocates for gun owners rights, I will say that what we have been allowed to see does not look all that bad. The 23 executive orders look to be ok, as long as there is not some fine print that we have not been shown. I do ,however, still disapprove of the amount of executive orders that Obama uses.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm sick of this video. It is blatantly wrong and I see pro gun advocates pasting it everywhere as if Penn and Teller have any idea what they are talking about.
    Any more than Jon Stewart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Felons currently cannot buy guns.

You can make it "harder" to get guns all you want but in the end, there are 300,000,000 guns in the US. Bad guys that want a gun to kill someone will get one, rather easily, no matter what.

Hell even if you removed all the guns form the US, they'd get them from Mexico or some other country, or smuggle them in.

(just like drugs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    If you can dictate the type of firearm I am allowed to own, and the capacity of the magazine that feeds my "murder machine", then I can tell you what vehicle you HAVE to drive and how much gas you're allowed. Fair?
    Actually some cars are not considered street legal, so the same logic would apply to your murder machines. Nobody is telling you what gun you have to buy, just telling you what guns you cannot legally buy or own. And why exactly do people need an AR-15, if it is simply for having fun and screwing around at a rifle range, that is about as sensible as me wanting a meth lab because I'm a chemistry enthusiast.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Felons currently cannot buy guns.
    Hell even if you removed all the guns form the US, they'd get them from Mexico or some other country, or smuggle them in.
    Right. You sort of just directly contradicted yourself. "Felons already can't get guns but if you regulate them they can just get them from Mexico"

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Any more than Jon Stewart?
    Which would be why I don't support linking Jon Stewart, although I agree with some of his points, linking talking heads and not actual provable facts is a foolish thing to do.

And to counter Jon Sterwart's argument.
    I would've loved to counter that with Penn and Teller's final episode they planned on making - but never got to shoot. In TRUE Pen & Teller fashion... that episode was to shred the biggest lie of them all - "The Bullshit of Bullshit!".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit!
    During an interview on the January 31, 2007, episode of The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, Teller claimed that the final episode of the show would be about "the bullshit of Bullshit!" and would detail all the criticisms that they themselves had of the show;[26] however, the series ended before such an episode aired.
    It's hard to take somebody's point seriously when they, themselves, say their own stances are "bullshit".