Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    How to get rid of stupid people?...

    Ok, so my former neighbour and I were kind of friends for awhile, talked every day and drank alot of beer. After a while though, I really came to realise how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me. Essentially, he's incredibly stupid. So, about a year ago, he decided to move out, and I saw this as my chance to get him the fuck out of my life, I was really fed up with all his stupid shit as this point. I told him "Hey man, nice to know you but when you move, I think it would be best if you and I go our separate ways and don't contact eachother anymore". What I meant to say was "Hey man, I've come to realise how fucking stupid you really are, and I really can't waste even a second more of my life talking to you. It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".

    So, heres the problem, this idiot still comes knocking on my door every few weeks, looking through my windows to see if I'm there. I have not opened the door for over 6 months now, and he still comes knocking. Sometimes, he even brings buddies to my house to "visit" me, like nothing has happened. I know that talking to him won't help, so how do I really get rid of this guy? Any advice welcome

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,245
    how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me.
    It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".
    Christ you sound so bloody arrogant. I'd argue he's probably benefiting from being away from you, keep up your efforts I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Guns don't kill people deranged dogs and cooking ovens kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We went to Iraq in search of WMD's but found none. I guess they dont have pressure cookers over there : (

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    Ok, so my former neighbour and I were kind of friends for awhile, talked every day and drank alot of beer. After a while though, I really came to realise how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me. Essentially, he's incredibly stupid. So, about a year ago, he decided to move out, and I saw this as my chance to get him the fuck out of my life, I was really fed up with all his stupid shit as this point. I told him "Hey man, nice to know you but when you move, I think it would be best if you and I go our separate ways and don't contact eachother anymore". What I meant to say was "Hey man, I've come to realise how fucking stupid you really are, and I really can't waste even a second more of my life talking to you. It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".

    So, heres the problem, this idiot still comes knocking on my door every few weeks, looking through my windows to see if I'm there. I have not opened the door for over 6 months now, and he still comes knocking. Sometimes, he even brings buddies to my house to "visit" me, like nothing has happened. I know that talking to him won't help, so how do I really get rid of this guy? Any advice welcome
    You could be brutally blunt and truthful.
    You could continue to dodge him.
    You could post a 'No Trespassing' sign and go from there, perhaps a restraining order.

    those are the legal things I can think of to suggest.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Payday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    [Blue State], USA
    Posts
    3,281
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me.
    Both of you sound like real winners

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Christ you sound so bloody arrogant. I'd argue he's probably benefiting from being away from you, keep up your efforts I say.
    No, you really don't understand how stupid he is. You would understand if you just spend five minutes talking to him..

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Both of you sound like real winners
    He's a stupid lazy alchoholic, I'm a normal dude with a normal life. Not a winner, just normal

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral StaeleAilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Well aren't you just a barrel of fun lol.

    Honestly though, it sounds to me you have symptoms of a "user". Using someone or something until you grow tired of it then moving onto the next thing/person, which is kind of sad. If you really wish for this guy to be out of your life, be honest with him in that you believe that you are above and far superior to him and his existence and that you no longer wish to use him for beer and conversations.

    That's all i can suggest.

  8. #8
    If you're tenaciously attracting stupid people, that might have a reason. Perhaps it's time to come off the high horse for a moment and question your own blistering brilliance.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    If you're tenaciously attracting stupid people, that might have a reason. Perhaps it's time to come off the high horse for a moment and question your own blistering brilliance.
    You're totally right, I do blame myself alot But seriously, would you keep coming to someones house after they didnt open the door for over 6 months? That alone should give you a picture of the stupidity I'm dealing with..
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2013-03-14 at 12:31 PM.

  10. #10
    Tell him you are arrogant and you can't do anything about it so you will be mean.

    Then he will stay away. :P


    Also, 'alot' of beer?

    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.nl...verything.html

    Last edited by coolkingler1; 2013-03-14 at 12:33 PM.

  11. #11
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,128
    Accept people for who they are, quit being such an arrogant ______.

  12. #12
    I know a saying and I think it would fit in this situation: Birds of the same feather flock together.

  13. #13
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,680
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    Ok, so my former neighbour and I ... talked every day and drank
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    No, you really don't understand how stupid he is. You would understand if you just spend five minutes talking to him..[COLOR="red"]

    So it takes 5 mins to find out yet you talked every day? Not sure what advice you want here? Apparently you liked what you had or you would have quit meeting him after the 5mins that it takes to find out how stupid he is?

    So talking doesn't help? Keep doing what you do or move I guess?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Tell him you are arrogant and you can't do anything about it so you will be mean.

    Then he will stay away. :P


    Also, 'alot' of beer?

    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.nl...verything.html

    Someone beat me to it .

  15. #15
    If we look away from the bullshit about him benefiting from talking to you...

    Just tell him, that you don't think you have much in common anymore, so you're not interested in keep meeting him.
    It's not rude, you don't come out as an arrogant ass, and he might understand that he's not welcome.
    A few people are too stupid or lonely to even understand it when you say it brutally honest, but by far the most understand somewhat direct hints and follows it:P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    If he does not stop you need to be very clear with him about that you do not want him to visit, be a bit more blunt then the polite way you told him since he obviously do not get the hint.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    If we look away from the bullshit about him benefiting from talking to you...
    How's that bullshit? I taught him a million things, the guy couldn't point out South America on a fucking map before he knew me. All he taught me is how to become an alcoholic.

  18. #18
    Please, go live as a hermit, obviously noone can be as awesome as you, so you should talk to noone ever again. ok?

    Seriously, remove the insane arrogance from your post and we might take you seriously. Because right now you come caress as a douche.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Please, go live as a hermit, obviously noone can be as awesome as you, so you should talk to noone ever again. ok?

    Seriously, remove the insane arrogance from your post and we might take you seriously. Because right now you come caress as a douche.
    How did you get that out of my post, I never said I was awesome. I agree that I sound like a douche but I'm really not, I swear

    But all these replies make me smile, because you really don't know what I'm saying. This guy is impossible to deal with because you can't get through to him at all. When you tell him something, he either doesn't understand, or he forgets it in two hours. If you tell him to don't call you on the phone after 10, he remembers for like 2 days. Then he resumes constantly calling you in the middle of the night.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2013-03-14 at 12:46 PM.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    How's that bullshit? I taught him a million things, the guy couldn't point out South America on a fucking map before he knew me. All he taught me is how to become an alcoholic.
    How is him learning things from you a valid reason to break up a friendship? You obviously seemed to enjoy each others company before you started thinking about this "benefiting" thing you are on about because of talking on a daily basis and drinking together.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •