Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, you might want to check out what the NRA Pres said not less than a couple weeks ago about putting officers in the schools... and the left went complete batshit over it. Today Obama came out with putting them in the schools. I'm waiting for the left to call him batshit crazy too.
    the difference being incentives for resource officers IE real police officers. not volunteers, wahp wah waaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The NRA also suggested things like VOLUNTEERS because they also don't want more taxes to pay for it or the dreaded police state. That's really what sent people--if you'll pardon the expression--ballistic.
    So if an off-duty police officer or retired serviceman decided they wanted to volunteer their personal time to protecting kids that's bad how?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    ARGH. The misunderstanding of statistics going on here is very frustrating.

If you have 1 stabbing death a year and then the next year you have 2 stabbing deaths, you can't just say "AHHH! Stabbings are up 100%! It's an epidemic!" The change is not statistically significant. That is the point that the Snopes article is trying to point out: you have to take the numbers in context.
    Precisely what context are you suggesting those particular crime statistics be taken in?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Taking away our constitutional rights with an executive order? Sounds like communism. I don't see how ANY of these orders will stop crazy people from shooting others.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Huzzah America is finally leaning to leaving third-world gun regulations!
    most third world countries i have been to are nothing like that...third world countries ban all people from having firearms. If they find them with them they just kill them and take them. We arent there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    So if an off-duty police officer or retired serviceman decided they wanted to volunteer their personal time to protecting kids that's bad how?
    What happens when the volunteers stop coming? Rather have paid, trained guards. Not like one at every entrance but maybe 3 in total, 2 for the front door when the doors open and one to patrol, then patrol around or something. Also metal detectors at the main entrance.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2013-01-16 at 11:27 PM. Reason: no idea why I wrote everyday.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It has already started with that idiot Sheriff Arpaio and his "posse". Did you see the volunteers? Their criminal records for violent crimes, sex crimes, etc?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    All manufactured phoney outrage generated by the NRA who uses the constitution to sell guns. Most normal people people are ok with the proposals. Its just the loud, easily manipulated red state dimwits who conjure up imaginary Hitlers/Stalins that are coming to take away our guns that care at all.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-01-16 at 11:30 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Precisely what context are you suggesting those particular crime statistics be taken in?
    Should I simply link the article again since it explains it?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Taking away our constitutional rights with an executive order? Sounds like communism. I don't see how ANY of these orders will stop crazy people from shooting others.
    Well apparently the 24th executive order was supposed to be a ban on crazy people shooting others, however the NRA lobbied against it since it would impinge on the gun rights of crazy people, or more precisely NRA leadership.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Bush administration started an illegal war by executive order, turned a successful economy into one of the worst nose dives we've seen in decades, made a laughing stock of America and its people, took away more freedoms and liberties than any president in history (Patriot Act anyone?) and systematically destroyed most of the good will our government had with other countries.

But sure, Obama cleaning up that mess has made him the worst president ever.
    Which war did he start by executive order, and please, provide the text of the order. Patriot Act was a joke, and your guy allows it to continue... So, guess what... that makes them both guilty of that, Whereas your boy gets full credit for the NDAA and blowing up US citizens with drones

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

NONE of these points are about infringing on your rights. not a single ban...ANYWHERE.

Wow, considering how much flak he's taking for putting together a to do list that in no way impacts gun owners, maybe he should just try to overturn the entire Second Amendment with an executive order. If you're doing the time you might as well do the crime right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You forgot Bush INVADING Iraq without a declaration of war...just saying if we are going to be hypocrites here do it right. How about Clinton bombing Malosovich?
    Public Law No: 107-243, Education is everything... Congress APPROVED the Iraq War.... but, you are welcome to try again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Well, this certainly sounds like a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    NONE of these points are about infringing on your rights. not a single ban...ANYWHERE.
    Your fighting an uphill battle dude. Some of the people here are either willfully ignorant or trolling. Don't stress yourself with them. You'll live longer. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    This.

Even the conservative supreme court justices said that the second amendment only applies to militia (aka the military) and thus why it is illegal for civilians to own fully automatic military grade weapons.

It's already been well established by the supreme court and others that the second amendment doesn't fully extend to common civlians, but rather they have decided to allow civilians to bear arms based on the fact that the second amendment was established to allow for protection of the people, and self protection is a part of that.

I do believe people need to learn their civics a bit better before coming here and shouting RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

Also, I've said this a lot, but nobody has EVER replied to it. I'd like for SOMEONE to recite the 27 amendments to the constitution from memory (not looking it up). I doubt many of the gun nuts know more than the first, second, and fifth amendments.

Heck, if someone could tell me which amendment REPEALS a previously enacted amendment (from memory, not looking it up), I'd give you a gold star.
    18th was Prohibition, 21st repealed it, followed by the 22nd that limited presidential terms... I dont want the gold star, I'd prefer you to actually be honest and stop attacking your opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Your fighting an uphill battle dude. Some of the people here are either willfully ignorant or trolling. Don't stress yourself with them. You'll live longer. XD
    hmmm? oh i have WoW up on another screen. i just pop in every so often, and trust me i don't EVER put much care into forums of any form. if i did i don't think id be here today...... and it really is fun to point at people and say. YOUR WRONG! when you know its true. helps warm the heart.

... made a laughing stock of America and its people ...
    You can't even begin to imagine how foolish we think you guys are. Fighting over some 300 years old constitution while children have been shot dead about a month ago.

tip: go online and check US crime figures compared to civilised countries and weep people, something is very VERY wrong with ur "greatest nation on earth..."

Not a conservative opinion