Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    1. The chinese dude in The Dark Knight.
    well i guess i shouldn't rule out honor killings or the dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    he is trying to save lives. and as said before, it is the congress not the president who has the power on that subject.

on another note, many historians agree that the second amendment is outdated, along with the rest of it. (needs revision)
    There should be a plea for a new one or else the society will destroy itself and not the government.
    A 200 year old document is as bad as King George back in past England.
    NRA is playing a dirty game, manipulating the weak minded and feeding fear.
    They (the weapon lobby and various industry investors) are getting richer everyday by boosting weapon sales.

Now think, who is the good guy here?
    Every possible application as to why the Second Amendment would be outdated can also be applied to the Freedom of Speech. I'm sure everyone here would love for the Feds to revisit and modify that so that they can have more control over what we are and aren't allowed to say on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Yes you did. Why anyone needs a shotgun is beyond me.

@Orissa: What doesn't kill you makes you....stranger.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    uh yeah you just did. you said gas an a lighter are weapons just like a gun.

I compared a potential weapon to a potential weapon.

I don't want to debate with you guys if your going to lose track of the argument like that.

yep, because something used to light a cigarette and start are car are in the same realm as a gun.
    Governments are afraid of lighters and gasoline being used on them. They are afraid of us waking up and stopping their tyranny.
    Am I wrong? Why do people think its dangerous to have their guns regulated by government. The 2nd amendment was put in there to defend the rest of the amendments. Thats why they need that one slowly dismantled, if they do it incrementally all the people on government help will stick up for him since its never huge actions taking place at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post

I don't want to debate with you guys if your going to lose track of the argument like that.
    no you compared a potential weapon....to an actual weapon.

10+ Year Old Account

If you're just going to evade then you lose the debate anyways.

Governments are afraid of lighters and gasoline being used on them. They are afraid of us waking up and stopping their tyranny.
    Am I wrong? Why do people think its dangerous to have their guns regulated by government. The 2nd amendment was put in there to defend the rest of the amendments. Thats why they need that one slowly dismantled, if they do it incrementally all the people on government help will stick up for him since its never huge actions taking place at once.
    The Question is strong with this one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No it wasn't meant for the citizenry to defend their country, that's what the militia bit is about. The right to bear arms is in there to allow the citizens to defend them self's against a tyrannical government.
    it was never meant for that. and you wouldn't need a constitutional right for that anyways. do you honestly think that if hypothetically our government turns tyrannical that the 2nd amendment is going to keep you safe from reprisal for rebelling against it? or in that case that the 2nd amendment would mean anything to them at that point. being tyrannical i would imagine they wouldn't even bother with the work of writing up a gun ban. they would just come and put you down regardless of how many, and what kind of weapons you have.

and one final nail in the coffin for your "our rights to fight the government" argument. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. in other words by "fighting" your "Tyrannical" government you would be guilty of treason. where you would either be executed or spend the rest of your life in prison. still think the 2nd amendment is about fighting a tyrannical united states government?

10+ Year Old Account
    A gun is not always a weapon. It is always however a tool, just like a lighter and gasoline. Both can be used as a weapon.

If you're just going to evade then you lose the debate anyways.

The Question is strong with this one.
    I'm not evading anything.

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    To all those that voted for him, wtf.....
    Now I know voting for him was the right decision.

A gun is not always a weapon. It is always however a tool
    a tool for shooting deadly projectiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    it was never meant for that. and you wouldn't need a constitutional right for that anyways. do you honestly think that if hypothetically our government turns tyrannical that the 2nd amendment is going to keep you safe from reprisal for rebelling against it? or in that case that the 2nd amendment would mean anything to them at that point. being tyrannical i would imagine they wouldn't even bother with the work of writing up a gun ban. they would just come and put you down regardless of how many, and what kind of weapons you have.

and one final nail in the coffin for your "our rights to fight the government" argument. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. in other words by "fighting" your "Tyrannical" government you would be guilty of treason. where you would either be executed or spend the rest of your life in prison. still think the 2nd amendment is about fighting a tyrannical united states government?
    I'd rather have a gun to defend my self than a pencil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually have to agree with Edit: Gr4vitas. When does a shotgun become deadly? When it's actually used to take a life. It sitting in a gun safe is no more dangerous than having a few 5gal canisters of gas and a blowtorch in my garage. But, when both are used to take a life, that's when they become weapons. They are nothing more than tools, and how you use those tools will determine if they are a weapon or not. A hammer isn't a weapon until you use it against a person, then it becomes a weapon. Same with any gun. I COULD use my handgun as a hammer, but I would much rather use it to kill the hell out of some paper at the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

10+ Year Old Account
    a tool for shooting deadly projectiles.
    A tool for setting deadly house fires, or torching a school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not evading anything.

You said

Because

It can be a weapon of course, just like a lighter and gasoline.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So why did every other mass murdering dictator wait to kill their own people after guns were banned.

A tool for setting deadly house fires, or torching a school.
    again forgetting what it DOES to something that has in in your words the "potential". a lighter and gas can light a school on fire...they dont explicitly shoot bullets.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-17 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said

Because
    That's evading?

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:26 AM ----------

again forgetting what it DOES to something that has in in your words the "potential". a lighter and gas can light a school on fire...they dont explicitly shoot bullets.
    A projectile is only deadly if it hits somebody.

A fire is only deadly if someone is in it.

Of course lighters and gas don't shoot bullets that's silly.
    Last edited by gr4vitas; 2013-01-17 at 04:30 AM.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
    Please respond to that.

Like John Stewart said, it seems like the pro gun side is so afraid of a unlikely tyrannical government hell, they are unwilling to address the current hell like state of gun violence we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Like John Stewart said, it seems like the pro gun side is so afraid of a unlikely tyrannical government hell, they are unwilling to address the current hell like state of gun violence we live in.
    Current hell like state? When? Just cause media owned by government is hyping up every single possible murder? Its by far the least likely way to die. You have a ten times better chance of being bit by a poisonous snake and dying every year, but they dont hype that up and put snakes on tv to keep you safe.