Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm extraordinarily happy about this. It's not trampling on anyone, just tightening up security measures and making it easier to avoid shootings and domestic gun violence in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So... basically you're saying you can only get married if your spouse would allow you to monitor their emails, place a homing sensor on their car, and instal cameras throughout the house 24/7 so you have the ability to protect yourself from them cheating on you?

PS. nobody is taking away your guns.
    I wouldn't mind addressing what you said, if only I knew what you were talking about.

And I know no one is "coming for my guns". That would be because I'm doing what I can to prevent such a scenario, which means stopping the nonsense here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    I'm extraordinarily happy about this. It's not trampling on anyone, just tightening up security measures and making it easier to avoid shootings and domestic gun violence in general.
    Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    They would need to go further than that, though, at least in my eyes. They aren't nearly fiscally conservative enough for them to rail against Democrats for their spending. That being said, the social conservatives are the biggest sticking point for me identifying as a Republican.
    True, but like you, it's the social conservatism the most of all that disgusts me.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Republicans are already preparing for that. Go check out RedState. And it's not hard to see why.

I voted for Bush in 2004. Politically speaking I'm generally center right. I'm conservative of the George H.W. Bush / Colin Powell variety.

The people calling themselves conservatives and republicans now are extremists. They hi-jacked the name, the cause, the icons to try and hold back a tsunami of change that has been going on in this country for decades. The America of John Boehner's youth is dead, and it's never coming back. This is a good thing.

I abandoned the Republican Party in 2008, and again in 2012, and I will in 2014 and 2016 because the Republicans in Congress right now are undemocratic, unpatriotic, untruthful, cowardly, corrupt and scientifically / technologically backwards.

Their crimes are many. From slashing NSF and NIH funding to even refusing to say out right "Barack Obama was born in the United States and is an American Citizen" in favor of John Boehner's much more nebulous "I take the President at his words".

People like that do not deserve any support. They deserve to be condemned.

Nothing tells you more about the how undemocratic and unpatriotic (yes I used that word on purpose) than the House's refusal to put legislation that the majority of the majority party does not support up for a vote. In the last decade, whenever Democrats controlled the House, they allowed any and all bills, even ones that the then-Democratic Majority was against, to come up for a vote. And since the corrupt days of Dennis Hastert and Tom Delay, Republicans to this very day do not reciprocate.

True democrats (small d) and patriots would not be afraid of standing for principle whilst losing a vote. John Boehner knows, if he allowed open voting, like the House has always done until 2000, the Tea Party caucus would be complete broken, Republicans scattered and the country would see far more legislative activity. These hostage taking scenarios would cease.

That in summary, is why I side with the man you call a joke. Because I believe in the wellfare of this country and coming to compromises more than I believe in adhering to some kind of ridiculous and rigid ideology. Ideology is the realm of small men with closed minds. Obama runs this country as a conservative twenty years ago would have. He pushes for laws proposed in the 1980s and 1990s by conservatives.

Now I do want him to, quite frankly, take away everyone here's guns, from hand gun to assault rifle to your pappy's shot gun, and melt them down into slag. I know that isn't at all a conservative position. And I know that isn't going to happen anytime soon. But I know I have a better chance with him than we any Republican. So he gets my support in this.

The Far Right Republicans are bracing for a dark age, because they see 2014 and 2016, and they know they're dying off and Obama's base is growing. So I'd consider your options in the future my friend. Obama's agenda is to clean up decades of grime and mismanagement, expand social justice and prepare this country for being supremely competitive in this century.

Your guns. Abortion. The Role of Religion. The size of government. All of them are stupid distractions and the obsession of limited men. Obama knows this, which is why he delegates these things out and personally oversees the big-picture solutions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 11:02 PM ----------

Which every other developed advanced economy in the world has. And by the way, the world in which we live, where an MRI costs $2000 here but $81 in Japan is a failure. A free market for healthcare has been an abject and empirical failure. Japan's government set rates, has first-rate quality of care, and no shortages. Price Controls on Heath Care work.

Almost all of this is delayed investment. This is what happens when the previous owners of the property, so to speak, don't keep up with the maitenence. Furthermore our population is aging (predicted in the 1990s), adding to costs.

This is a good thing and Taxes should increase even more. Sincerely, a conservative making more than you do, who wants this country to actually pay its bills.

The "Small Government" Obsession was over in 2002. The people pushing it today didn't get the memo. The argument is fundamentally a stupid one. The diachotomy between big and small government is so limiting and not a smart argument. What Bush, Clinton and Obama ALL advocate is for RIGHT SIZED government. Not too big. Not too small. But just right. Efficient and meeting its needs. That's the SMART path forward. Small Government, like the 19th century? Never. Going. To. Happen.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

and don't forget

This is a good one. I am a Republican. Well rather was. I abandoned our party. I've voted for Obama twice. Because I want effective, data-driven semi-technocratic government. Obama has been precisely that. I left the Republican Party because the people in it right now have completely discredited themselves on economic, fiscal, scientific, political and social matters. They're an old party of old men whose time has passed and they bring nothing new to the table.

It should scare the absolute crap out of Republicans that a man like Colin Powell, who back in 1996 many Republicans got down on their knees and prayed would run for President, and who before Obama, everyone was ABSOLUTELY SURE, was the only black man of national stature who could win the Presidency in our country, has voted for Obama twice, very publically, and assailed the Republican Party as it exists now.

The problem is you, and people like you oblivionx, inside the Republican Party. People like you drove people like me into the very open arms of a man, Barack Obama more like George H.W. Bush than like Bill Clinton. And I like it here. I don't think I'm going to leave. I dont think a lot of us are going to leave. When it comes down to it, I actually want us investing in technology, rather than cutting funding. I want us focusing on security in East Asia vs China, instead of some absurd pissing contest with Iran and another decade of Middle East / Israel crap. I want us actually educating our children to the highest Western standards, not letting schools get away with backwards creationism. I actually want my party filled with educated men, not foolish morons like Rand Paul who forgot the issue of nullification was settled in the Civil War.

So enjoy the bed you made for yourself as you and the extremist Republicans die of old age in it. Because that's your future.
    This is exactly me. The uneducated and corrupt have hijacked the party, and it's a shame. Republican used to stand for progress, innovation, enterprise and most importantly democracy and capitalism. Fear now trumps reason and logic, paranoia trumps common sense, corporate greed trumps true American capitalism, religion trumps science, and the democratic process has been impeded in so many ways of a party so desperate for power I don't even know where to begin. When your party's running slogan is "We need to get that other guy out of office now!" you know it's time to jump ship. That people talk about some tyrannical government like that's what Obama wants, I sometimes wonder if they don't take a good hard look inward and see what their own party has become.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    blah blah blah

odds you're an actual "converted" republican .01%
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post

What does that have to do with absolutely anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Well, it would appear that you're arguing that the Republican party is unable to beat the Democratic party. They only missed the election by ~3%. You don't think that a revamped Republican party that was actually true to fiscal conservatism and social libertarianism wouldn't be able to close the gap? I haven't seen anything during the election to suggest that Democrats are any more underhanded that the GOP is when it comes to manipulating the public. Ideally in this scenario money would be removed from the process and we could actually focus and important issues.
    If the sentiment is kick them all out, that typically means switch parties in the seat. Barely would hurt the senate odds, would flip the house.

So I can see why that's your position...
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

15+ Year Old Account

Excellent rebuttal. Your intellect continues to awe and amaze
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not the first insincere rant I've seen, probably not the last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    didn't you know, everyone in boston is a Commie

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the first insincere rant I've seen, probably not the last.
    No, really. What does his location have to do with the authenticity and sincerity of his post?

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    didn't you know, everyone in boston is a Commie
    D: but that's ours!

10+ Year Old Account

I like how you tore apart his argument piece by piece with logic and facts and didn't resort to judging him solely by his place of residence.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    If the sentiment is kick them all out, that typically means switch parties in the seat. Barely would hurt the senate odds, would flip the house.

So I can see why that's your position...
    You don't think that if the House had to be reelected with no incumbents the GOP would get majority again? Interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Well said. But you're a RINO now. They made up a new word for you.

...or that...
    At this point, I think even Reagan's a RINO.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Par for the course. It's not your words, it's your location that determines your political stance. Duh!
    Does that mean I must champion racism, superiority, and addiction because my location says Quel'thalas?

because I can do that if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    You don't think that if the House had to be reelected with no incumbents the GOP would get majority again? Interesting...
    I don't think there will be another tea party unseating of incumbents no.

I also think the entire Obama game plan right now is talk a lot, do nothing, blame republicans in preparation for stealing the house with media cooperation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    At this point, I think even Reagan's a RINO.
    But not Lincoln. The man who went to war to squash the States asserting their sovereignty, he's a true Republican

15+ Year Old Account
    Well said. But you're a RINO now. They made up a new word for you.
    It's a term they gave to Reps with common sense who saw that the party was going south and jumped ship to the party that now has all the values of the classical Republican party before it went insane.

Basically, you're a RINO if you don't support the new extremist right positions in their entirety without question.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Par for the course. It's not your words, it's your location that determines your political stance. Duh!
    Found the entire post a pretend position coupled with odds of a MA republican, make it sort of dubious.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also think the entire Obama game plan right now is talk a lot, do nothing, blame republicans in preparation for stealing the house with media cooperation.
    The irony is in the extreme and sincere, honest belief in this hypocrisy.