Razer Blackwidow - Randomly pressing keys by itself

It seems that ever since I upgraded my Razer Blackwidow Config software to the "Razer Synapse 2.0" program, my Razer Blackwidow keyboard has been randomly entering keys by itself.

Like, I'll just be in the middle of typing something like this, and it'll randomly stick a "7" in. Or a "b". Or some other key. It's not just letter keys either; Three times now it has randomly pressed F11 in the middle of typing, causing Chrome to go full screen. Any ideas what's going on?

I tried looking in Razer's support, but it's only general FAQ/troubleshooting, and I can't find where to contact any kind of "tech support". Going to try reinstalling the software and see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Can you try to clean/fix your Registry with program such as CCleaner(Also run your Virus scan!)? After that uninstall Synapse 2.0 and get the older drivers which were just for the keyboard. Synapse is completely useless imo.

Edit: If that doesn't work, try a different keyboard(like a normal office keyboard to rule out that if it's the keyboard or your PC. If it's keyboard, RMA it. If PC, reinstall Windows.

I think you may have created a macro on accident, i have done it numerous times. Just right click the BlackWidow Icon in the tray and Load it, then manage macros and delete any there if you have not created any on purpose.
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Can you try to clean/fix your Registry with program such as CCleaner(Also run your Virus scan!)? After that uninstall Synapse 2.0 and get the older drivers which were just for the keyboard. Synapse is completely useless imo.

Edit: If that doesn't work, try a different keyboard(like a normal office keyboard to rule out that if it's the keyboard or your PC. If it's keyboard, RMA it. If PC, reinstall Windows.
    I'm pretty sure I don't have any kind of virus/spyware. I've got Kapersky and Ad-Aware. That and...what the hell kind of virus does nothing but randomly press a single key every 30-40 minutes?

I reinstalled Synapse and it's still having the same problem though. I can't find the old software anywhere on Razer's site.

And no, I didn't create a macro by accident. I don't have any macros created.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I'm pretty sure I don't have any kind of virus/spyware. I've got Kapersky and Ad-Aware. That and...what the hell kind of virus does nothing but randomly press a single key every 30-40 minutes?

I reinstalled Synapse and it's still having the same problem though. I can't find the old software anywhere on Razer's site.

And no, I didn't create a macro by accident. I don't have any macros created.
    Do you have any old keyboard laying around? You could try that. If you still experience the issue, it's OS fault

Edit: Blackwidow Driver: http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...loaditemid=555

i had this issue aswell. You've created a monster. It's basically a macro that has stealth recorded while you were doing something and is probably writing stuff you did within a long time frame. Possibly it's bound to another key on the keyboard.

Solution : disable macro functionality
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    i had this issue aswell. You've created a monster. It's basically a macro that has stealth recorded while you were doing something and is probably writing stuff you did within a long time frame. Possibly it's bound to another key on the keyboard.

Solution : disable macro functionality
    How exactly do I disable macros? I deleted the 3 macros I had made, but I'm not sure how to disable macros altogether.

How exactly do I disable macros? I deleted the 3 macros I had made, but I'm not sure how to disable macros altogether.
    Uninstall the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Uninstall the software.
    ...That kinda defeats the purpose of having the keyboard in the first place.

...That kinda defeats the purpose of having the keyboard in the first place.
    Well, it's unavoidable, if you need the macro buttons get a refund since i've really tried to solve the issue and i've not had any luck with it, over the last 2 or so years. The macros just start recording at random points in time and later repeat themselves. Usually after that happaned to me i'd have to reboot my PC.

I've had something similar happen to me, but only a little different. Sometimes when I start my computer up, after everything is done loading up such as Steam, XFIRE, rainmeter etc. I open something up to start typing, then in the middle of typing one of the letters just keeps holding itself down.
    Example: So today I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- Then it just does that until I have to restart my computer.
    I've even tried hitting that key again to see if it was stuck. Any idea what may be causing this? Also no, it's not just one certain key, it varies to where I'm at in the sentence, and it only happens when I start my computer up, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZendadaNick View Post
    I've had something similar happen to me, but only a little different. Sometimes when I start my computer up, after everything is done loading up such as Steam, XFIRE, rainmeter etc. I open something up to start typing, then in the middle of typing one of the letters just keeps holding itself down.
    Example: So today I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- Then it just does that until I have to restart my computer.
    I've even tried hitting that key again to see if it was stuck. Any idea what may be causing this? Also no, it's not just one certain key, it varies to where I'm at in the sentence, and it only happens when I start my computer up, sometimes.
    Please try not to Necro old threads. Also the possible fix was explained in the thread already.

I'm not sure if 1 month is considered a necro.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Please try not to Necro old threads. Also the possible fix was explained in the thread already.
    Please don't backseat-moderate; there is a report button to let us know of things like this. If a thread is a necro, we will deal with it appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by ZendadaNick View Post
    Tried making sure it's not a macro? Tried cleaning the keyboard in case anything spilled on it? Tried a different USB port?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

-Snip- Didn't check date on original post and it was already fixed.