What RAM would you recommend?

Im looking into replacing my RAM, atm got 4x 2GB Corsiar XMS3 1600MHz CL8 (1333, CL9 without XMP).

Biggest reason is that my current RAM will probly go to a future computer for my little sister, so spare (no gaming improvment etc)

I have been looking to get 2x 8GB Corsar Vengeance 1600MHz CL9. How good is this ram compared to others, and how good are this heatsinks? I mean would it be any diffrent then from ones without. And could I easy OC them to maybe 1800+ cl8?

Is there any other RAM's you would recommend in around same price range?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsair Vengeance is a high reliability part, its not particularly good at overclocking, but when you just need ram that works, its some of the best on the market

personally i use Mushkin Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Corsair Vengeance is a high reliability part, its not particularly good at overclocking, but when you just need ram that works, its some of the best on the market

personally i use Mushkin Enhanced
    I would rather be able to OC it abit I guess depends on how much more I have to pay for them
    I guess Vengeance is "same" as my current XMS3 just the heatsinks. And what I have read from diffrent reviews, the heatsinks is not good =/
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

(different) RAM availability in Sweden is low. Corsair has the Dominator Platinum for overclocking.
    G.Skill if you can find it have a few series that respond well.
    And of course, the Samsung Miracle Ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    I would rather be able to OC it abit I guess depends on how much more I have to pay for them
    I guess Vengeance is "same" as my current XMS3 just the heatsinks. And what I have read from diffrent reviews, the heatsinks is not good =/
    the heatsinks are fine, i have a ton of the 4GB sticks lying around, i've never had any problems with it

10+ Year Old Account
    i love corsair been using all their products for years never had a single problem

I use Corsair Dominator kits with the extra cooling fan. OC's great, always stable.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Heatsinks are superfluous up until 2000 MHz, the special "RAM fans" are completely superfluous.

I'v got 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 and never had any issues with them, haven't tried overclocking though, but from my understanding corsairs one of the more reliable brands for ram

I have a set of g-skill cas-8/1600 that has worked flawlessly for me, i bought this over a year ago and it has proven to be very popular ram on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231445

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    (different) RAM availability in Sweden is low. Corsair has the Dominator Platinum for overclocking.
    G.Skill if you can find it have a few series that respond well.
    And of course, the Samsung Miracle Ram.
    Its kinda sad =/ But good thing that ram isnt the most important
    Ya I have looked on them but I dont think its worth the price diffrent really ~33% higher price

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the heatsinks are fine, i have a ton of the 4GB sticks lying around, i've never had any problems with it
    Tried OC them etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I have a set of g-skill cas-8/1600 that has worked flawlessly for me, i bought this over a year ago and it has proven to be very popular ram on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231445
    Those one can be of intresst too indeed

---

But comparing to Corsair XMS3 and Corsair Vengeance, I have the feeling is the same sort of ram just heatsinks on the vengeance or im wrong? - and the heatsink must provide something atleast?
    And going from 4x sticks to 2x sticks must help some with the heat of them too? I guess I can OC's them more then my current ones^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Tried OC them etc?
    no, because i know they aren't great for it, RAM is not like a CPU, you dont save money by buying cheap ram and overclocking it, if you want 1866/2133 speed ram, buy high quality 1866/2133 RAM

I can vouch for G.Skill or GEIL Memory, I've had them in my current build (at different points in time) and they've been fantastic. I've heard good things about Corsair memory however.