Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm finally going to get mine today!

Also yeah legendary/storyline weapons usually have unlimited uses. It would kind of suck if the ultimate dragon/demonslaying sword of each game broke after you slayed 3 things with it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    There's also usually one Hammerne Staff (though its own durability is rather limited, between 3-5 uses) per game which allows you to repair weapons up to full durability again. Can't say if it made it into Awakening, though. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    Are they still sticking with weapons having X durability and are gone forever when it hits 0? I think that was the biggest thing that turned me off of it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - it adds another level of strategy- it just isn't my cup of tea.
    Yeah, they are. Though it's not that hard to farm money in this game. If you use an item known as a Reeking Box, you summon Risen to your spot on the world map. Every time you fight these ones, there is one guy there that drops a Bullion (S) (means it's sold for 1000 gold at the market), in addition to the weapon the others drop. If you also equip your myrmidon (or anyone with a high Luck stat) with a Leif's Blade (Killing Edge lite), and kill a target with it, you also have a chance (Your Luck stat as a percentage) to drop a Bullion (S) if he strikes the killing blow.

As for my thoughts on the game. It's fun (actually quite surprised they threw a Rausten type chapter at me in the 6th chapter of Awakening (people who have beaten Sacred Stones will know what I mean)), quite challenging even on normal (if only because of the severe number of enemies on screen during many chapters).

Only thing I'm not sure I like is the avatar character. I honestly think they should have had you pick the gender and leave it at that. Not really sure I like the "throwing yourself in the mix" concept it does. I know FE7 had something similar, but you weren't actually on the field.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2013-02-08 at 08:47 PM.

Reeking Boxes on Hard/Classic are like 4800 a box. Ugh.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm so excited for Awakening. Shame I live in Europe so we have to wait for all these bloody additional languages.

How is the game so far? Fun? Also, what does "Classic" mean? Is the "normal" mode easier in this one than the old games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I'm so excited for Awakening. Shame I live in Europe so we have to wait for all these bloody additional languages.

How is the game so far? Fun? Also, what does "Classic" mean? Is the "normal" mode easier in this one than the old games?
    I agree, why cant everyone just play it in english, screw all those other silly languages >.<

And to further ask on your question: Can anyone compare it to Sword of Seals? Arguably one of the more difficult of the FE games :P

Deleted
    Also, what does "Classic" mean?
    There's two modes besides the difficulty ones. Classic, where units will remain dead if they get defeated in battle, or Casual, where you skip the permanent death bit if your units get defeated. You'll still get a game over if Chrom or you/the Avatar dies, though.

Can't answer the other questions, I'm sadly European too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Reeking Boxes on Hard/Classic are like 4800 a box. Ugh.
    I suppose that makes sense. Otherwise you could just level your characters to overcome the difficulty.

Also, Swordsmaster with Astra+the mercenary talent to prevent weapon wear+Killing Edge. So damn goofy. Would have thought Astra was mediocre until I learned that each of the 5 attacks could crit.

But doesn't each of the attacks hit for half your damage? So essentially it's 2.5x your normal damage with all the hits, up to 5.0x if you crit them all.

Sorry, I only saw the attack in a trailer and I don't know anything more than that.

Deleted
    Well yeah, even if it's only half damage (compared to Radiant Dawn's full damage each hit), it's still likely one of the better offensive skills to have available to your units. That and I actually believe that Astra still only consumes a single point of durability for all 5 strikes, rather than 1 point of durability per hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    But doesn't each of the attacks hit for half your damage? So essentially it's 2.5x your normal damage with all the hits, up to 5.0x if you crit them all.

Sorry, I only saw the attack in a trailer and I don't know anything more than that.
    Crits are 3x the damage. Plus, if you can get one of the other abilities like SoL and Luna, each one can proc. Even better on the Grandmaster who has Ignis.

I can also confirm that even if you strike 5 times with Astra, you only use 1 point of durability.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2013-02-11 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    zzzzzzzzzz, still waiting for my bundle to get to me. Been years since I played FE, decided to try some HHM to get back into it. I forgot how fucking annoying HHM is.

Deleted
    So the "final" skills have been nerfed then? Or is it just Astra? In Radiant Dawn it was pretty much over the moment you procced one, and i dont even think i ever saw the whole 5 strikes of Astra. Felt a bit wierd to have such overpowered stuff, especially when crits already existed and so on.

Random silent wish: GBA Fire Emblem swordmaster animations but in 3D~~

Deleted
    Somewhat.

Astra - Still hits 5 times, halved damage per strike though. Can crit, unlike Radiant Dawn.
    Luna - Simply halves defence and resistance. No longer fully ignores it and doesn't cause triple damage.
    Sol - Heals you for half the damage done, rather than full amount. Also doesn't cause triple damage.
    Lethality - Same deal, instant kill if it activates.
    Aether - Kind of indirectly nerfed due to the nerfs to Sol and Luna.

Those are the mastery skills from Radiant Dawn that reappeared in Awakening if I remember correctly. Then again, Awakening has amusingly broken stuff such as Ignis (adds half your Magic to physical attacks and vice versa) and Galeforce (refreshes the unit once per turn if it defeats an enemy) as well. :x
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-02-12 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well, atleast those nerfs sound nice, and will make lategame less of a faceroll
    Not saying its a complete faceroll, but once your untis were strong enough and had those skills there was no stopping them.
    HURRY UP YOU STUPID MONTHS! *ahem* lost my cool there for a moment. I want this game badly >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    This game needs to stop being so rare. I was hoping to get this at a good deal off of Ebay by now but it seems to be sold out everywhere so that won't be happening.

Donnel as a whole. This shit isn't even funny. Hit 15 as a villager, promote to merc, and suddenly you have one of the most over powered characters in the game, with almost no effort, and his weapon durability never goes down.... Then you have his bloody KID! (I've got Owain, with his personal weapon) I'll probably end up skipping Donnel just to tone up the difficulty in future playthroughs
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

That bundle looks SWEET ! Glad I saw this thread, I'll have to consider getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Donnel as a whole. This shit isn't even funny. Hit 15 as a villager, promote to merc, and suddenly you have one of the most over powered characters in the game, with almost no effort, and his weapon durability never goes down.... Then you have his bloody KID! (I've got Owain, with his personal weapon) I'll probably end up skipping Donnel just to tone up the difficulty in future playthroughs
    Did you know Donnel can reach lvl 30 as a villager, I got mine to lvl 21 on accident and I'm like wtf, so right now I have him at lvl 25 or so, I'll get him to 30 before I turn him into a merc.

My Villager Donnel almost has as much defense as the general in my party. This is going to get ridonk.

And to be fair the first few levels trying to lvl up Donnel are kinda brutal he just has no strength or defense.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-02-14 at 05:28 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Europe will apparently get Fire Emblem: Awakening on April 19th. Coincidentally, same release date as the Japanese, just a year earlier.