Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Did you know Donnel can reach lvl 30 as a villager, I got mine to lvl 21 on accident and I'm like wtf, so right now I have him at lvl 25 or so, I'll get him to 30 before I turn him into a merc.

My Villager Donnel almost has as much defense as the general in my party. This is going to get ridonk.

And to be fair the first few levels trying to lvl up Donnel are kinda brutal he just has no strength or defense.
    Yep. Villager, Manakete and Taguel (And Conqueror) Can all reach level 30. However I found that it's pretty pointless to get Donnel past 15 without class changing him, due to his low caps. (15 he learns Underdog.) I maxed out Donnel's Luck last night, (48) as a hero. So he has weaponthrift, and a glass sword... And Sol.... (weapon and skill.......) I guess I should start leveling his kid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Deleted
    Thought I'd finally get around to start posting in this thread, so here goes.
    I'm an avid fan of the Fire Emblem games, I've currently played all of 6-12, (6 and 12 only halfway though).
    I can't play Awakening yet due to living in Europe, meh.
    Excited as heck to start playing Awakening, but that will have to wait 2-3 months.
    Currently playing through Fe6, 11 and 12. (Chapter 16x/3-5(2nd playthrough)/Chapter 10 respectively).

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I've always loved the Fire Emblem franchise. But I've not got a 3ds.
    Sooo I'm currently considering getting the Fire Emblem Bundle. From what I gather here - http://www.officialnintendomagazine....3ds-xl-bundle/
    Us guys in the Uk are getting a 3DS XL version instead of just the regular 3DS if I'm understanding that right, which is great because that's the one I want.

Has anybody living in a country where it's already out had any experience with the bundle?

I'm really tempted to get it. It seems almost too perfect to be true for me (I love blue!). The bundle is priced at £220 while a regular 3DSXL is £160 and the game around £32, so I won't be doing my wallet favour.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-16 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sooo I'm currently considering getting the Fire Emblem Bundle. From what I gather here - http://www.officialnintendomagazine....3ds-xl-bundle/
    Us guys in the Uk are getting a 3DS XL version instead of just the regular 3DS if I'm understanding that right, which is great because that's the one I want.

Has anybody living in a country where it's already out had any experience with the bundle?

I'm really tempted to get it. It seems almost too perfect to be true for me (I love blue!). The bundle is priced at £220 while a regular 3DSXL is £160 and the game around £32, so I won't be doing my wallet favour.
    Some things to weigh in for your purchase:
    - Do you think it's worth the extra bucks to get a cooler looking 3DS than everyone else?
    - Do you like Fire Emblem? (You are so that's a pro, right?)
    - Do you like games in the style of FE8/FE12? (Multiple promotion paths, My Unit creation) If you do, this game should rock for you.
    - Do you intend on buying the 3DS just for Fire Emblem or are you planning to get other games aswell? (Would be a waste to just buy it only to play 1 game on it, you might aswell rent it from someone else for a while).

Don't have experience with the game itself but it looks like it's gonna be a badass game with trainees, my unit, more promotions, extra maps and ALL THAT GOOD STUFF.

TL;DR - Buy it, your life depends on it, your body is ready etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Some things to weigh in for your purchase:
    - Do you think it's worth the extra bucks to get a cooler looking 3DS than everyone else?
    I'm a fan of collectors pieces yes .

However I don't really want to just give into the hype so I'm not entirely sure.

- Do you like Fire Emblem? (You are so that's a pro, right?)
    - Do you like games in the style of FE8/FE12? (Multiple promotion paths, My Unit creation) If you do, this game should rock for you.
    Well the GBA version consumed my childhood.

- Do you intend on buying the 3DS just for Fire Emblem or are you planning to get other games aswell? (Would be a waste to just buy it only to play 1 game on it, you might aswell rent it from someone else for a while).
    Personally I've been looking for an excuse to buy one, so yeah i will be using it for other games. This has just made me realise that I will be considering getting it sooner rather than later .

Don't have experience with the game itself but it looks like it's gonna be a badass game with trainees, my unit, more promotions, extra maps and ALL THAT GOOD STUFF.
    Yeah that's all I keep hearing. It seems to have been met with critical acclaim everywhere.

Although just to add something about the product that I only just noticed, the 3DS XL Bundle in the UK appears to used the standard blue finish rather than the cobalt finish of the US version, which I'm not sure is a pro or con as I might prefer it being black inside.

I'm still rather skeptical over this though as I'm still considering just getting myself and regular 3DS XL and the stand alone game to save myself some cash. LE versions are great but I'm not sure if the extra £30 really validates the stamp on it.....
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-16 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    You UKers are weird. At least in Sweden, it's a win-win situation to get the Fire Emblem bundle. Seperately, I guess they'd be at about 2'400 SEK, while the Fire Emblem Bundle is currently at 2'090 SEK. But I guess it varies from shop to shop in every single country. Not getting a physical copy might also be a drawback for some people, but as far as I've understood, you can redownload the game in case something goes awry. :x

I'll admit that the 3DS honestly looks ugly. Why couldn't the entire thing be blue or black instead of blue and black? The colours clash so much! D:

Though admittedly, I'm just happy we finally have a tangible date where I'll be destroying my wallet, woo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had considered upgrading to an XL for some time, the drawback for me is the lack of a second thumbpad for lefthanded play support still.

Also while I don't really hate anyone, I hate all you guys playing this already while I twiddle my thumbs for another month.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

Very strange, in the U.S. we save 10$ (200$ from 170$ + 40$) indirectly on the regular 3DS bundle. Wonder whose idea it was to jack up the profit on the 3D XL.

I'm actually hoping the XL won't release in the U.S. anytime soon, already have my 3DS FE edition all ZAGGed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Very strange, in the U.S. we save 10$ (200$ from 170$ + 40$) indirectly on the regular 3DS bundle. Wonder whose idea it was to jack up the profit on the 3D XL.

I'm actually hoping the XL won't release in the U.S. anytime soon, already have my 3DS FE edition all ZAGGed up.
    I'm feeling rather jealous....
    Maybe it's because the price hasn't been finalised considering it was only unveiled 3 days ago? But if it saved money I'd buy it in a heart beat.

However it's currently only £200 off GAME, so I can see the price dropping on the Amazon one.
    Price comparing across other sites has gotten some decent results. 3DS XL's seem to go from £160 to £175 for some of the popular colours, which going by that seems to indicate a minimum loss of £7 for buying the bundle, which actually makes it seem rather appealing now. So currently my plan is to just order it off of Amazon and perhaps cancel the order if the price doesn't drop, which it will because I know Amazon are always slow to update prices but they always wind up being cheaper than GAME .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-17 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I had considered upgrading to an XL for some time, the drawback for me is the lack of a second thumbpad for lefthanded play support still.

Also while I don't really hate anyone, I hate all you guys playing this already while I twiddle my thumbs for another month.
    Everyone =/= American.
    I can see 4 people on this page allready who don't have it.

Deleted
    Woo, one less day to go!

Have any Europeans planned how their units will marry yet? Or how to build My Unit/The Avatar? Or any other plans?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Woo, one less day to go!

Have any Europeans planned how their units will marry yet? Or how to build My Unit/The Avatar? Or any other plans?
    I was thinking about marrying MyUnit with Cheria or how she's called, the pink haired Dracoknight.
    Because <3 Pink hair.
    MyUnit is probably going to be either silver hair or blue, dunno yet.
    Gonna marry Chrom with frail pegasus knight, and MyUnit's son with Red-haired pegasus knight's daughter (too lazy to look up the names).
    I stopped thinking about it a while ago cause it just made me desire the game even more...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the thing that's really holding me from buying is simply that I'm a little bummed out with how little they actually did with the EU version. The Cobalt colour looks better the decal is better with those corners. I'm also not sure simply because I'm a fan of physical copies of games.

I may just be tempted to buy the standard blue/black and the game instead, although maybe I'm being silly. I hate this dumb decision .

I was thinking about marrying MyUnit with Cheria or how she's called, the pink haired Dracoknight.
    Because <3 Pink hair.and MyUnit's son with Red-haired pegasus knight's daughter (too lazy to look up the names).
    If you make MU male then Morgan will turn out female, so she won't be able to marry Cordelia's daughter cause that would be forbidden love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    If you make MU male then Morgan will turn out female, so she won't be able to marry Cordelia's daughter cause that would be forbidden love.
    ...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why do you ruin my plans? :/
    Fine, I'll have MyUnit's daughter marry Olivia's son Inigo, he looks kinda cool.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-17 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added names

...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why do you ruin my plans? :/
    Fine, I'll have MyUnit's daughter marry Dancer chick's son, he looks kinda cool.
    Huhuhu, FeMU is better anyway cause loli form and marrying Chrom has cute supports.
    But, if you make MU marry Cherche, you get Batman from Cherche and he's a male and Morgan's brother, so it'd still be MU's son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Huhuhu, FeMU is better anyway cause loli form and marrying Chrom has cute supports.
    But, if you make MU marry Cherche, you get Batman from Cherche and he's a male and Morgan's brother, so it'd still be MU's son.
    Well he kinda looks like Batman+Robin fusion. Then I can still make MU's son marry that mercenary chick... sorta happy now :P
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-17 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Severa is a Mercenary! The cooler half of sword-wielding classes! Heresy! asdhasjkgh

And Male MU can look so very shota too. :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Severa is a Mercenary! The cooler half of sword-wielding classes! Heresy! asdhasjkgh

And Male MU can look so very shota too. :x
    I said it was a mercenary didn't I?
    * Whistle

P.S. Myrmidon > Mercenary for females.

Deleted
    Today, 09:02 PM

Last edited by The Monado; Today at 09:17 PM.

Nice try.

And we'll have to agree to disagree. Admittedly, you could make her a Myrmidon with the proper father :x