Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I tend to level one or two of each type, generally one however. I dont really focus on a specific composition. Mages have a special place in my heart though, along with myrmidons/swordmasters <3
    ...and anything with a cute portrait...

Deleted
    True, I like diversity as well, but if one unit turns out unimpressive, I'll happily shove them off to the side for a precious magic unit. ^_^

Hm, realized now I like Snipers too, even though they're useless during enemy turns. ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I tend to level one or two of each type, generally one however. I dont really focus on a specific composition. Mages have a special place in my heart though, along with myrmidons/swordmasters <3
    ...and anything with a cute portrait...
    I do pretty much the same, except I hate fighters and love pirates, so I tend to have 2 pirates if possible. I think 2xcavalier is overkill, Paladins are broken as fuck anyway (High mobility, good at everything). My favourite classes would be:
    1: Berserker
    2: Swordmaster
    3: Druid
    4: Sage
    5: Sniper
    "...and anything with a cute portrait..."
    Pretty much this aswell. (Marisa, Lute, Tana, Amelia, Florina, Farina, Nino, Lyn, Serra, Fir, Thany, Tate, Wendy, Lillina, Sophia, <3, for gba that is).

Deleted
    Well, one of each type mightve been a bit wrong of me to say. More like one of each weapon + other. So fighters and pirates are pretty much the same, its just depending on who has best growth or looks the best. I dont really like archers actually, i tend to go with a nomad if possible (Aside from Shinon in PoR/RD, because hes awesome AND has more range later on). Wasnt really a difference in the GBA versions aside from the movement range :<
    And yeah, the two cavaliers are really overkill. The first few missions are spent checking which has what growth and take the one that i like the most.

Deleted
    Well, one of each type mightve been a bit wrong of me to say. More like one of each weapon + other. So fighters and pirates are pretty much the same, its just depending on who has best growth or looks the best. I dont really like archers actually, i tend to go with a nomad if possible (Aside from Shinon in PoR/RD, because hes awesome AND has more range later on). Wasnt really a difference in the GBA versions aside from the movement range :<
    And yeah, the two cavaliers are really overkill. The first few missions are spent checking which has what growth and take the one that i like the most.
    I generally pick the coolest looking archer. Shin/Rath are just completely without a personality so I prefer not to use them, I prefer Rebecca/Wolt/Sue/Colm's chick that I forgot the name of. I can't stand Dorothy's face, ugh.
    I usually pick the green cavalier, Sain (best Cavalier since ever, womanizer to the max), Lance, Franz, Oscar/Geoffrey in PoR/Rd. The green ones are usually calmer and badass, Red ones are either stupid or just lame (Ohgodwhy Kent).

I never really use more than 1 axe user unless the game is called Sealed Sword, because Gonzales/Geese are just awesome. (Gonzales less when you're on Sacae route though). Fighters just generally feel mediocre to me, I don't know why. I guess I'm just flocking toward the crit chance of 'Zerkers though.

For PoR/RD, I use Rolf in PoR and Shinon in RD. Shinon is too much of a dick in PoR and Rolf starts way too low level in RD, waste of exp.

Deleted
    Yeah, I kind of dislike Fighters as well, unless it's Nolan. Otherwise I don't really dislike any other classes. And I just realized how much I love Wyvern Riders! <3 If only there were more than usually 2-3 of them, maybe I'd do Wyvern-only runs. :x

And you dare challenge Kieran, vanguard of Crimea, destroyer of injustice in all the corners of Tellius? Sacrilege, I say! Though admittedly, he's the only Gold Knight that ever turned out well for me. It's as if the games want me to use units I'm rather indifferent to. He somehow always managed outspeeding Titania despite having like half her speed growth. O_o

Deleted
    Flyers overall are pretty awesome imo. Fighters aside from Nolan always go on miss streaks for me, which is a damn annoyance >.<

Am i the only one annoyed at the late promotions of the main characters btw? I know its story and so on, but its annoying to have em there for half an ice age in a corner doing nothing because theyre maxed out.

Damn, i think i need to replay FE6 for some reason... And another RD girls only mode >.<
    Maybe combine it for an FE6 girls only hardmode...that ought to be half impossible. Must do!

This forum has good/bad infulence!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    I guess I'll start a Sacred Stones Female only run then
    Far too easy.

Just Amelia the entire game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Yeah, I kind of dislike Fighters as well, unless it's Nolan. Otherwise I don't really dislike any other classes. And I just realized how much I love Wyvern Riders! <3 If only there were more than usually 2-3 of them, maybe I'd do Wyvern-only runs. :x

And you dare challenge Kieran, vanguard of Crimea, destroyer of injustice in all the corners of Tellius? Sacrilege, I say! Though admittedly, he's the only Gold Knight that ever turned out well for me. It's as if the games want me to use units I'm rather indifferent to. He somehow always managed outspeeding Titania despite having like half her speed growth. O_o
    Wyvern knights are cool indeed, it just kinda feels like a cheat to use them though, except Heath cause he's kinda mediocre, except his choice of hair ofcourse. Haar is still the best one for me. He literally capped EVERYTHING on my first playthrough. He's just that cool. I mean he has an eyepatch, wears epic black armor, and his title is Black Tempest, how can you be more awesome than that?

I just prefer Geoffrey because his name sounds cool, he starts with Paragon, has good growths and looks the coolest! I love Kieran though, for one reason... Stealing his Gamble! I give Gamble to Rolf/Shinon/Edward/Mia/Zihark/Stefan/Lucia and just wreck faces with the crit %. 100% crit chance is very satisfying.
    Flyers overall are pretty awesome imo. Fighters aside from Nolan always go on miss streaks for me, which is a damn annoyance >.<

Am i the only one annoyed at the late promotions of the main characters btw? I know its story and so on, but its annoying to have em there for half an ice age in a corner doing nothing because theyre maxed out.

Damn, i think i need to replay FE6 for some reason... And another RD girls only mode >.<
    Maybe combine it for an FE6 girls only hardmode...that ought to be half impossible. Must do!

This forum has good/bad infulence!
    Chuck Nolan never misses! Because he's motherf*cking Chuck Nolan.
    I decided to use Boyd this run though, or he'll feel neglected. :/
    Boyd likes to miss at 86% though, that's how he rolls.

Yes late promotions are very annoying, especially Roy's promotion, what was it? Chapter 21? Out of the 26 chapters... (Something like that).
    Roy is maxed out on levels allready in my playthrough, maxed him at chapter 14 or so... Now he can rot in a corner for 7ish more chapters (I'm at 16x now) till he's useful again except for conquering castles. Also Eliwood/Hector's promotion in their respective modes in Fe7, goddamn late.

Why don't you try FE12 before doing those challenges? :P
    I'm a hypocrite, I need to finish FE12 aswell :/

I am bad very good influence, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Far too easy.

Sort of did that allready, had her solo the entire Ruins of whateveritwas. Capping everything is fun on a General.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-21 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Amelia

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Berserker
    2: Swordmaster
    3: Druid
    4: Sage
    5: Sniper
    Minus Swordmaster and Druid that's pretty much my list. I like Ranger/Bow Knight/whatever they are, even if I hate the characters that normally come as them.
    Throw in Falcoknights too, especially when trained up+paired with someone for a great support. Dodge everything and go wherever they want? Best ever.

I don't like the Pegasus Knight class upgrades in Awakening though, I wish they gave them something besides magic/staves.

Deleted
    Yes late promotions are very annoying, especially Roy's promotion, what was it? Chapter 21? Out of the 26 chapters... (Something like that).
    Imagine my annoyance when i played it the first time in japanese (this was done with trial and error 10+ years ago before blazing sword came out and showed me more stuff). Since i didnt know about the weapons gathering, and thus not getting those very last chapters it was pretty much promotion before the last fight...

Far too easy.

Quite true that. Go for FE6, first females you get are Thany and Ellen. Clearing a whole map with that is going to be harsh :P
    Proceed to get Clarine and Sue. Grats, you have two healers and two riders, pray for Fir.

Deleted
    Wyvern knights are cool indeed, it just kinda feels like a cheat to use them though, except Heath cause he's kinda mediocre, except his choice of hair ofcourse. Haar is still the best one for me. He literally capped EVERYTHING on my first playthrough. He's just that cool. I mean he has an eyepatch, wears epic black armor, and his title is Black Tempest, how can you be more awesome than that?
    Yes, Haar never ceased to disappoint me. And if I could actually feel attraction or love I would totally marry him. D:

Zeiss on Hard Mode is particularly funny too. He's like lvl7 Wyvern Rider and is running around with 1 point away from capped Strength. xP

10+ Year Old Account
    On Wyverns. Do you take Cormag's great growths and flex him out as a Wyvern Lord, or do you rely on his high str and making him a Knight and abuse his pierce skill?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Imagine my annoyance when i played it the first time in japanese (this was done with trial and error 10+ years ago before blazing sword came out and showed me more stuff). Since i didnt know about the weapons gathering, and thus not getting those very last chapters it was pretty much promotion before the last fight...

Quite true that. Go for FE6, first females you get are Thany and Ellen. Clearing a whole map with that is going to be harsh :P
    Proceed to get Clarine and Sue. Grats, you have two healers and two riders, pray for Fir.
    I think I'm not going to try a FE6 Hardmode Female challenge any time soon haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Yes, Haar never ceased to disappoint me. And if I could actually feel attraction or love I would totally marry him. D:

Zeiss on Hard Mode is particularly funny too. He's like lvl7 Wyvern Rider and is running around with 1 point away from capped Strength. xP
    Rofl isn't that the same as Gonzales @ A route + Hard mode? 17 strength at level 5, np.
    On Wyverns. Do you take Cormag's great growths and flex him out as a Wyvern Lord, or do you rely on his high str and making him a Knight and abuse his pierce skill?
    I usually make Cormag a Wyvern Lord, primarily because of the ability to use swords and better caps for his awesome growths.
    I turn Tana into a Wyvern Knight though, only need 2 out of the 3 pegasi to actually ride a pegasus knight. And just imagine a Triangle Attack with Pierce... good grief, Formortiis doesn't stand a chance.

Deleted
    I think I'm not going to try a FE6 Hardmode Female challenge any time soon haha.
    What? Its only a few restarts i reckon. Had to restart the first battle on hardmode several times before everyone survived the first few minutes, so redoing it with only females is not hard at all! *rollseyes*
    ...i guess Thanys poor attack stats in the start dont help further the cause :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That reminds me, I need to play FE6 again; I kept almost beating a chapter then making a stupid mistake constantly, lose a unit, then restart.
    Start of a chapter I'll be really careful and try to keep my guys back and act very defensively. Then when I've killed off most everything I'll stop really trying to be as defensive, then one of the 5 or so guys left on the map will end up catching someone and killing them. Then I ragequit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    That reminds me, I need to play FE6 again; I kept almost beating a chapter then making a stupid mistake constantly, lose a unit, then restart.
    Start of a chapter I'll be really careful and try to keep my guys back and act very defensively. Then when I've killed off most everything I'll stop really trying to be as defensive, then one of the 5 or so guys left on the map will end up catching someone and killing them. Then I ragequit.
    That reminds me why I ragequit Fire Emblem 6, Wendy got hit by Berserk then suicided on Alan 3 tiles away from her, 20 turns in the chapter.
    FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm extremely early into the game in my play through, It's been about a week or so since I've actually attempted it, I believe I'm at the part where you're trying to retake Ostia.
    I always forget to check the attack range of the enemy team, was there even a way to do that on the GBA games? In Awakening you can check and keep up a display of every enemy's range, is that possible in the GBA ones? Couldn't remember what to press if there was.

Deleted
    Its only possible to check individual ones in the GBA games, you cant push a button to see all of them at once.

Deleted
    Fire Emblem 6 is one of the rougher installments anyway, to be entirely honest.