Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Dang, that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for explaining it to me :3

You can use them as a shop? Lyn sells Mani Katti's or what?
    If only. She doesn't even have the Mani Katti if you recruit her. But she's one of the few that sells Levin Swords, which is useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    If only. She doesn't even have the Mani Katti if you recruit her. But she's one of the few that sells Levin Swords, which is useful.
    Aww that's too bad, it's cool to see her again though I guess.
    Are the items they sell character specific, like a bow user only selling bows? Or are the items really randomly chosen per character?
    (Like Lyn with Levin sword, and some other random character specific items? Like, Short bow that nomads usually use or a generic random bow?)

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Aww that's too bad, it's cool to see her again though I guess.
    Are the items they sell character specific, like a bow user only selling bows? Or are the items really randomly chosen per character?
    (Like Lyn with Levin sword, and some other random character specific items? Like, Short bow that nomads usually use or a generic random bow?)
    The items are specific to the character, but they aren't weapon exclusive. Just checked and Innes sells lances and one bow and Hector sells swords, lances, and axes. They'll sell the item named after them that you find on glittering tiles in maps at random too, like Hector's Axe(not Wolf Beil), Celica's Gale, Sigurd's Lance, etc.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-03-08 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The items are specific to the character, but they aren't weapon exclusive. Just checked and Innes sells lances and one bow and Hector sells swords, lances, and axes. They'll sell the item named after them that you find on glittering tiles in maps at random too, like Hector's Axe(not Wolf Beil), Celica's Gale, Sigurd's Lance, etc.
    Oh I see, so they're not just swords on a sword-only character.
    Hector's Axe? Seriously? What happened to Wolf's Beil :<
    But it's cool that they sell character-specific stuff though!

Deleted
    Happy times for us Europeans, Awakening is getting a demo release here next week! And naturally, an European page for it is up as well now. Namechanges abound for not-English speakers apparently.

Robin > Daraen
    Lon'qu > Lon'zu
    Panne > Palne
    Cherche > Zelcher

Deleted
    Well those are some random name changes there lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...Infinite Regalia is insanely difficult. Gonna need a boss party to beat that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So...Infinite Regalia is insanely difficult. Gonna need a boss party to beat that shit.
    Really? I... didn't have that much of a problem... Took Morgan in alone, (Lock touch, Rightful King, Sol, Galeforce, Ingis) a couple Brave Swords, and a Thorn.... Get stuff done. Just don't pull the boss, because the map ends when he dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

That demo is so good. It practically immediately made me go buy the game.

I hardly ever planned much and never grinded, and I've breezed through normal. I also didn't realize immediately master sealing was a good idea in this game, so it really hasn't been optimal, yet it's been still pretty easy... I think knowing those basics and just making sure you spread xp well and strategize well will get you through hard classic easily and sans math. All the grinding and absurd children optimization and making sure every single battle feeds xp properly are for Lunatic and building streetpass teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally picked up the game today at my local electronics store for $40. I didn't want to spend the $80 price tag that the game had on ebay and amazon.
    I was also going to pick up monster hunter 3, but I ended up buying a wireless router to connect my 3ds online.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Demo came out here, instantly downloaded and played.

I hate all of you guys who already have the full version to enjoy. Two more weeks till release here D:
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frederick is so freaking OP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Frederick is so freaking OP!
    Once your other units catch up he kinda ends up sucking in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Once your other units catch up he kinda ends up sucking in comparison.
    It's actually pretty fairly on that this becomes a factor, as it does with Ephraim, Titania, and other such individuals in the series.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Yarp, there's always the mentoring, mounted class that serves as your babysitter while your other units level up. Instead of Frederick the Wary it should have been Frederick the EXP Stealer.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-04-05 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, he is my lowest level. He keeps one shotting everyone so he only gets a little bit of XP per fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Funny thing is, he is my lowest level. He keeps one shotting everyone so he only gets a little bit of XP per fight.
    It's actually that the game is treating him as if he's a level 21 (with the stats of a level 12 person), that's why he gets so low XP compared to everything he's fighting (because they're what, level 4 for you by now?).

Even when he stops one shotting things, he still won't be getting good experience, but everything else that could have been fighting those thugs misses out on that good delicious XP that they actually need.

What most people do is not even bring him (or Ephraim or Titania, or the other character that fills this role on whichever system you're playing on), and leave him out completely so that everyone else can beef up without even worrying about him. You'll get another Paladin/whatever class later, with actual scaling stats no less, and have your team be all the better for it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's actually that the game is treating him as if he's a level 21 (with the stats of a level 12 person), that's why he gets so low XP compared to everything he's fighting (because they're what, level 4 for you by now?).

Even when he stops one shotting things, he still won't be getting good experience, but everything else that could have been fighting those thugs misses out on that good delicious XP that they actually need.

What most people do is not even bring him (or Ephraim or Titania, or the other character that fills this role on whichever system you're playing on), and leave him out completely so that everyone else can beef up without even worrying about him. You'll get another Paladin/whatever class later, with actual scaling stats no less, and have your team be all the better for it.
    Thanks for the tip. I was kind of getting bored because of how easy it was getting. I will try and take him out, or play the classic mode of persistent deaths. I was too chicken to start off the game in that mode.

Deleted
    Wut, Ephraim is a Jeigan archetype? That's news to me. And in Frederick's defense, he doesn't have half-bad growth rates. I'd daresay they're probably on par with Sully's and Stahl's growths. It's just that pre-promotes seem to have used their promotion items before level 20, while any patient and virtuous soul would wait until then.

Also, an additional tip for using Frederick. You should be able to unequip his weapons, causing enemies to flock towards him and ignore your weaker units so they can fight safely. Fire Emblem enemy AI will nearly always prefer to fight that which can't fight back, meaning that they'll jump the nearly invincible Frederick so he can tank for you without stealing all the experience.

Also omgyes2weeksuntilEUreleaseGIMMEALREADY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Wut, Ephraim is a Jeigan archetype? That's news to me. And in Frederick's defense, he doesn't have half-bad growth rates. I'd daresay they're probably on par with Sully's and Stahl's growths. It's just that pre-promotes seem to have used their promotion items before level 20, while any patient and virtuous soul would wait until then.

Also, an additional tip for using Frederick. You should be able to unequip his weapons, causing enemies to flock towards him and ignore your weaker units so they can fight safely. Fire Emblem enemy AI will nearly always prefer to fight that which can't fight back, meaning that they'll jump the nearly invincible Frederick so he can tank for you without stealing all the experience.

Also omgyes2weeksuntilEUreleaseGIMMEALREADY.
    I'm pretty sure he means Seth then ^^ At least I hope so...

@Frederick. In the Demo I just played hard mode and used him as pair up for Chrom, basically means Chrom still gets the same amount of xp and Freddy gets no xp unless he "helps" which is rare. Frederick gives like a +4 strength and +5 defense bonus, so I'd say that's the best approach of using him.

And he's not really a Jeigan, he's more of the "Oifey" archetype, a prepromote that can turn out well, but don't really place your bets on it.
    Same rule still applies though, don't use the Oifey.

EU Release, my body is ready.
    <Insert picture of Reggie>